Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford C Max SE, 2022 Maverick First Edition
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I have a Ford hybrid already and no need for a sound insulation pad, it is really quiet
Sponsored

UberGadgetFreak

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Marauder, 21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I am a little disappointed that there is no sound insulation pad under the hood. Does anyone like to recommend a good aftermarket sound insulation pad?
Mine being FE, it shouldn't need one. However, I've used Repops Universal pads to replace others. Hit up Jegs and search for Repops. They have a universal square option you can cut to fit. You will also need liner retainers and figure out what size and how many for the vehicle. Another alternative is Eastwood - theirs are like Dynamat pads, and Second Skin which is a combination of sound dampening paint and a liner but they don't always look great, but work well.

slashy42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
These knuckle heads don't know anything. Why did they ask why you'd buy it instead of a ranger? Lol, what kind of salesmen tries to undercut their own more expensive product? 😂

adawalli

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Explorer Platinum, 2010 Toyota Prius 3
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
As I understand, the actual production model lariat will have insulation, and all models should have an engine cover like the escape and bronco sport
Can you confirm where you read that? I remember people speculating that they thought lariat might get it, but never once do I remember seeing this from any source

SeaMav206

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Focus
Can you confirm where you read that? I remember people speculating that they thought lariat might get it, but never once do I remember seeing this from any source
I don't remember any of that from all my research as well on this forum and reddit.

Only thing I know is that Lariat will have an acoustic windshield which they changed to noise reducing windshield on the website.

My focus titanium doesn't have an engine cover but it does have insulation linebunder the hood.

I don't think we will get an engine cover on our mavs really need for it except it looks nice...

Sponsored

frrocketdan

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Finally, a test drive video of the 2.5L Hybrid Maverick Lariat! By Bill Penney Ford.

Getting about 40 MPG in the city says the dealership!

The driver says he’s 6’3”, which is about my height, and it looks like he’s got plenty of headroom. I’ve been thinking about getting the moonroof, but in other cars I’ve been in (mostly sedans) I don’t have the clearance I’d like above my head with a moonroof. Wondering if I should take the chance on one without having sat in it.

Westsidetruck

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord Hybrid
I don't remember any of that from all my research as well on this forum and reddit.

Only thing I know is that Lariat will have an acoustic windshield which they changed to noise reducing windshield on the website.

My focus titanium doesn't have an engine cover but it does have insulation linebunder the hood.

I don't think we will get an engine cover on our mavs really need for it except it looks nice...
I have to do some searching on the insulation video, as I saw it on YouTube. I do see that, depending on the trim level, some of the Bronco Sports have it and some do not.

As for the engine cover, I saw on one of the posts here that the engine has the mounts on it for the cover. Honestly I just assumed that the production model would have it, as every car I had had for the last 20 years has had one. I guess nothing should be a forgone conclusion, but the fact that the mounts are there is a good sign.

https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/forum/threads/so-youve-ordered-do-you-have-concerns.865/page-2

Arby47

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
57 Chevy, 59 Volvo PV544, E-Bike
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Really had to strain to hear what the masked man was saying, got a bit of it when he got close to the mic. Not really a test drive. I know you guys were trying to do good, but the driver barely knew anything about the truck at all and the prices were not realistic.

Sponsored

TheShark

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick Lariat Tremor, 2023 Bronco Wildtrak
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I don't think Tim Bartz has anything to worry about. Tim's videos look like a MGM release and these guys look like cable channel 13. It was nice though to see the 13 seconds of a test drive in a hybrid.

BDennis

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion, E450 Leprechaun
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
End the embargo and give us areal road test.

Scupking

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Turtle

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
As I understand, the actual production model lariat will have insulation, and all models should have an engine cover like the escape and bronco sport
Sorry but i just test drove a 2022 escape titanium hybrid and no engine cover..
Sponsored