MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tesla MYP & M3RWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
376 days from order confirmation, I picked up my Cyber Orange Lariat Lux Hybrid from Chapman Philadelphia on Monday 10/24 and immediately drove it 800 miles home. This isn't my first experience with a Maverick - I owned a FWD XL EB for 2,000 miles earlier this year. I waited longer for this Maverick to be built and delivered than I have kept many cars. And I have some thoughts.

1) Backstory - When I initially ordered a Maverick, I placed an order for an XL Hybrid with no options in Area51. Some of my first posts when I joined MTC was about how the XL was all that was needed. Not long before ordering the Maverick, my husband and I had both sold our beloved German vehicles - a Mercedes E350 and a Porsche Macan. We'd bought a couple of rental properties and decided we'd stop spending so much on vehicles. We dropped the Germans for a new Forte GT and a used Genesis G70 6MT. Both of these were mistakes for different reasons and neither of them made it a year with us. I was actually shopping Prius when I came across the Maverick. I placed the XL order but my husband pressed me to change my order to a Lariat Lux. He was right. I am so glad I listened, changed the order to Cyber Orange Lariat Lux and refused to remove anything no matter what was said about chances of scheduling.

2) I'd have ordered this color (and paid extra for it) even if it were Cyber Yellow. It is not actually yellow, though photos are deceiving and in some lighting it is yellow-ish.

3) The hybrid brakes are indeed wonky. I had hoped that my 9/10 build would maybe be straight, but no.. it will definitely need the currently-in-development software update. What I don't see shared on here much regarding the brakes is how the wonkiness can cause issues with adaptive cruise in some situations. The system is advertised as "stop-and-go" and it will do this, but it does not handle it with near the polish I expected. And I'm not spoiled by expensive cars - a Corolla CVT, a Civic CVT, a Prius eCVT - all far more civilized with ACC running in moderate highway traffic.

4) The B&O system should be a standalone option and for some hundreds of dollars, it would be a worthwhile upgrade from the stock system I experienced during my 2,000 miles in an XL. I'm no audiophile (I like Bose!), but even compared to similarly priced cars I have owned this system is average. I owned a 2017 Kia Soul with an 8-speaker, 320W harman/kardon stock system that sounded a class or two above the Maverick even though it was a cheap car. For $37k and some change, our Integra's ELS system is not even from the same planet. But that one I expected.

5) Oddly, the Lariat's headlights perform better than the XL's did. I have stated repeatedly in many different threads that I found the Maverick's LED headlights to be extremely average in performance compared to some other LED-equipped cars I've owned. That was true for the XL. I would say this could be due to aim, but the XL headlight aim was correct - I checked. I'm not sure what's going on here, really. The unit optics should be the same, only the signature DRL LEDs and a bit of black trimming in the reflectors setting them apart. I'd rate the XL as average and this Lariat as slightly above average. Better headlights exist in similarly priced vehicles, but it was a pleasant surprise that I cannot explain.

6) The first (and only, so far, as it still has half the second tank left) tank of fuel averaged 36.5mpg manually calculated and this was at interstate speeds between 70-80mph with some areas of stop/go and slow traffic blended in. First tank exceeded 500 miles. Very happy with that result.

7) For the (protected) price I paid - $31,752 OTD on a (repeatedly increased) MSRP of $33,230 - it is a bargain regardless of its flaws. But if you take anything away from what I've written, let it be this: The Maverick is built to a specific price point and unless you are completely oblivious, you're going to notice this right away and often. Do not let anyone make you believe this truck is worth paying a premium for. It absolutely is not. Without ever seeing one in person, I decided last year that the absolute most I'd be willing to pay was $30,000 not including dealer fees. Thanks to Ed, my price was $29,321 plus a $422 dealer fee and the rest for GA state tax for the total of $31,752. I sold the FWD XL EB with a $22,575 MSRP, which I paid, back on May 31 for $34,500 to a dealership. That is just bonkers. Don't be the guy that keeps making that possible. It's not worth it.

Ford Maverick Hybrid Lariat Lux covered 800 miles on Day 1 and got 500+ miles on first tank of gas F3CF9882-68B6-4F13-B4E6-7513DFE43F3A
Sponsored

docsmith1511

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mav XLT LUX velocity blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
376 days from order confirmation, I picked up my Cyber Orange Lariat Lux Hybrid from Chapman Philadelphia on Monday 10/24 and immediately drove it 800 miles home. This isn't my first experience with a Maverick - I owned a FWD XL EB for 2,000 miles earlier this year. I waited longer for this Maverick to be built and delivered than I have kept many cars. And I have some thoughts.

1)Backstory - When I initially ordered a Maverick, I placed an order for an XL Hybrid with no options in Area51. Some of my first posts when I joined MTC was about how the XL was all that was needed. Not long before ordering the Maverick, my husband and I had both sold our beloved German vehicles - a Mercedes E350 and a Porsche Macan. We'd bought a couple of rental properties and decided we'd stop spending so much on vehicles. We dropped the Germans for a new Forte GT and a used Genesis G70 6MT. Both of these were mistakes for different reasons and neither of them made it a year with us. I was actually shopping Prius when I came across the Maverick. I placed the XL order but my husband pressed me to change my order to a Lariat Lux. He was right. I am so glad I listened, changed the order to Cyber Orange Lariat Lux and refused to remove anything no matter what was said about chances of scheduling.

2)I'd have ordered this color (and paid extra for it) even if it were Cyber Yellow. It is not actually yellow, though photos are deceiving and in some lighting it is yellow-ish.

3)The hybrid brakes are indeed wonky. I had hoped that my 9/10 build would maybe be straight, but no.. it will definitely need the currently-in-development software update. What I don't see shared on here much regarding the brakes is how the wonkiness can cause issues with adaptive cruise in some situations. The system is advertised as "stop-and-go" and it will do this, but it does not handle it with near the polish I expected. And I'm not spoiled by expensive cars - a Corolla CVT, a Civic CVT, a Prius eCVT - all far more civilized with ACC running in moderate highway traffic.

4)The B&O system should be a standalone option and for some hundreds of dollars, it would be a worthwhile upgrade from the stock system I experienced during my 2,000 miles in an XL. I'm no audiophile (I like Bose!), but even compared to similarly priced cars I have owned this system is average. I owned a 2017 Kia Soul with an 8-speaker, 320W harman/kardon stock system that sounded a class or two above the Maverick even though it was a cheap car. For $37k and some change, our Integra's ELS system is not even from the same planet. But that one I expected.

5)Oddly, the Lariat's headlights perform better than the XL's did. I have stated repeatedly in many different threads that I found the Maverick's LED headlights to be extremely average in performance compared to some other LED-equipped cars I've owned. That was true for the XL. I would say this could be due to aim, but the XL headlight aim was correct - I checked. I'm not sure what's going on here, really. The unit optics should be the same, only the signature DRL LEDs and a bit of black trimming in the reflectors setting them apart. I'd rate the XL as average and this Lariat as slightly above average. Better headlights exist in similarly priced vehicles, but it was a pleasant surprise that I cannot explain.

6)The first (and only, so far, as it still has half the second tank left) tank of fuel averaged 36.5mpg manually calculated and this was at interstate speeds between 70-80mph with some areas of stop/go and slow traffic blended in. First tank exceeded 500 miles. Very happy with that result.

7)For the (protected) price I paid - $31,752 OTD on a (repeatedly increased) MSRP of $33,230 - it is a bargain regardless of its flaws. But if you take anything away from what I've written, let it be this: The Maverick is built to a specific price point and unless you are completely oblivious, you're going to notice this right away and often. Do not let anyone make you believe this truck is worth paying a premium for. It absolutely is not. Without ever seeing one in person, I decided last year that the absolute most I'd be willing to pay was $30,000 not including dealer fees. Thanks to Ed, my price was $29,321 plus a $422 dealer fee and the rest for GA state tax for the total of $31,752. I sold the FWD XL EB with a $22,575 MSRP, which I paid, back on May 31 for $34,500 to a dealership. That is just bonkers. Don't be the guy that keeps making that possible. It's not worth it.
I soon will be making that 800 mile drive back to Cumming Georgia in my XLT hybrid lux VB, I ordered from horsham not Philadelphia. This week is my delivery window so we shall see when I actually get to pick it up. Any suggestions on how to make the transaction more smooth?

The Weatherman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux FX4 4K x 2
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I normally say Congrats and Happy Mavericking when someone posts their first experience with their Maverick. But I’m not sure whether to say that or condolences here. 🤔

MRickDetroit

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Future Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
How would you compare the wind/road noise on the highways vs your other more expensive vehicles? Was there noticeably more noise? I know it not a fair comparison but just wondering.

Congrats on 2 Mavericks!!

Kelli

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kelli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Congrats on the Maverick and getting over 500 miles on the first tank of gas! The roads I drive will have me about the same situation, thought a LOT less overall miles, so I was glad to hear your impression. I also appreciate the comparisons to other vehicles, definitely helps. ENJOY your truck. :)

Sponsored

Speed2000

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura TSX Sportwagon
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I just finished a 1000 mile road trip to Indianapolis over the weekend to attend a funeral. I've had the truck since July but this was the first time on the interstate aside from a few short trips of less than a few miles.

First off, the ACC and lane assists work awesome. It made the drive much less tiring. There were several construction zones with concrete walls on either side with just enough room for two semis and the lane keeping function got me past them with little worry.

Wind noise was not noticeable, but tire noise was there if I turned down the radio.

I got about 29 mpg for the trip doing 70-75 most of the time.

As far as being a "cheap" vehicle, the only difference to me was the interior plastics vs a full leather interior trim. The last new car I bought I spent more on just the options than my Maverick's total cost so I'm very happy with the truck

atomguy245

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet Bolt EUV, Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So let me get this straight: Over the last year or so you and your husband have owned:

a Mercedes E350
a Porsche Macan
a Kia Forte
a Genesis G70
a Ford Maverick XL
a Ford Maverick Lariat
and an Acura Integra

So 5 vehicles since you decided to start cutting back on your vehicle expenses. Weeeee!

Something tells me your new Maverick will not be long in your garage. Enjoy it while it lasts. Hopefully you can make another killer profit on it

Raymundo76

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mazda CX-5
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Sorry to hear about the brakes. but that is not uncommon. I choked on the LUX; wanted a better radio, but not at that price. Enjoy and have some fun, life is too short to do otherwise. Thanks for the post.

bgn

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I personally would have been pissed if I "upgraded" to the B&O system outside of the Lux Package. It's so mediocre that I don't even want to hear what the XLT/XL speakers sound like.

Stive

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini Cooper, Lexus RX350, Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My 67 year old ears are hearing fine music and talk radio out of my XL. However, when I drive down a street, people in their houses can’t hear the rumble or feel the vibration.😂

Sponsored

djw479

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Mav Lariat Lux / '90 ZR-1 / '03 Yamaha V-Max
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

A question for MlLowe05: Does the acoustic windshield seem to lower interior noise at higher speeds compared to the XL you owned previously?

OP
OP
MLowe05

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tesla MYP & M3RWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
A question for MlLowe05: Does the acoustic windshield seem to lower interior noise at higher speeds compared to the XL you owned previously?
Yes absolutely. But I will say that both are/were quieter than my expectations.

OP
OP
MLowe05

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tesla MYP & M3RWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I personally would have been pissed if I "upgraded" to the B&O system outside of the Lux Package. It's so mediocre that I don't even want to hear what the XLT/XL speakers sound like.
My husband has taken to defending the B&O. His DD is the Integra with ELS and his previous car was the G70 with Lexicon, so I expected him to really hate it. He said it seems very neutral/flat and he tweaked the EQ settings a bit and it does sound better but still… it lacks something. It’s by no means a deal breaker and it’s acceptable enough to not warrant any upgrade for me. But I was just being honest with my thoughts, and trying to make sure I clarified that I wasn’t just comparing it to much more expensive cars and systems.

MightyMaverick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick Lariat FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Great review. To this day, I still have not seen a Maverick in Cyber Orange. Someday I will. It's such a unicorn. I've literally seen every other color except for this. The 500 mile range is very impressive. However, the Ecoboost is no slouch either. Just yesterday I had to get gas (I always put in 89 octane to be safe) and was able to achieve 440 miles of driving range. That's a feat that couldn't be accomplished in my trade-in Toyota Tacoma. The best I could do in that one was 380 miles when new and over time it maxed out at only 345 miles. Literally almost 100 more miles of driving range which is a substantial difference. As a result, I only have to go to the gas station once every three weeks or so. One of the reasons why I enjoy driving it.

bajesus8

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 Civic LX, 09 Camry Hybrid, 22 Mav Hybd Lrt Lux
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I got 515 or so on my first tank. Im finding using that 'This Trip' option in the instrument cluster is getting me my best results..i know car needs to warm up a little before the good mileage starts.
I don't notice any wonkiness with brakes although twice I've gotten a big red 'emergency impact collision warning' when somebody was just make a right hand turn in front of me in my lane but they werent close at all.
Gotta update your signature photo now that you got a real truck.
Sponsored