Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ford's first two hybrid transaxle designs were manufactured by Aisin, a Toyota subsidiary, in Japan. With the HF35 they switch to producing it at Van Dyke, although my searching turns up the electric rotor components were manufactured by Toshiba in the US.

Article

and

Ford Maverick * UPDATE*10/20*  Dealer Hybrid hasn't been approved by government 1633393315806

STARCOMMTREY1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, Ultra Classic, Versa Note and soon to be Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Sponsored

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Also I was going to link this video of Lightning (pre-)production because it shows some of how the rotors are assembled in similar fashion at the Van Dyke plant when I noticed the jigs say they're for the HF45. Could these actually be Maverick transmissions getting built?

(1 min 24s)

clavicus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ford's first two hybrid transaxle designs were manufactured by Aisin, a Toyota subsidiary, in Japan. With the HF35 they switch to producing it at Van Dyke, although my searching turns up the electric rotor components were manufactured by Toshiba in the US.

Article

and

1633393315806.png
Alright so to summarize anew, is NBK wrong that the Ford escape style HF35/HF45 hybrid transaxle/electric motors have ever been made in China in the last like 5 years?

And ThisWas linked article describing the transaxle being made completely in house may actually just be referring to how the Toshiba-manufactured electric motor component in the USA is now moved into the Ford Van Dyke plant in the USA?

I love any excuse to post Professor Kelly’s videos.

Last edited:

hcforde

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Hawley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Insight, E350, Toyota Sequoia
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Odd, my hybrid had a production date of 9/20, no updates, but today shows Est. Delivery of 10/18. Window sticker not updated. My wild guess is that it's built, but not EPA stickered yet, so they can't say Built or Shipped, but are expecting so soon. But WTF knows?
Hopefully you may have good news tomorrow because the embargo will be lifted at 6am EST. Tons of youtube videos and written articles will be available. Hopefully the EPA numbers will be out then also.

Bushpilot

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Volt
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
GREAT POINT... but it has a NEW ELECTRIC MOTER, NEW TRANSMISSION both not approved so that validates the ford rep. I guess my dealer seems a lot more in the know than some
Yes, they are new. No, they do not need to be "approved" by the government.

Your dealer is wrong. End of story.

Sponsored
OP
OP
NBK9NBK

NBK9NBK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
KWANG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybird
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Odd, my hybrid had a production date of 9/20, no updates, but today shows Est. Delivery of 10/18. Window sticker not updated. My wild guess is that it's built, but not EPA stickered yet, so they can't say Built or Shipped, but are expecting so soon. But WTF knows?
Let us know, my dealer could have the wrong intel.... Or these other guys dealers and insiders were wrong. guess we will know in 7 days.....

OP
OP
NBK9NBK

NBK9NBK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
KWANG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybird
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Then why are hybrids already getting ready to be shipped in the next 2 weeks? That kinda invalidates your ford rep.
only a weekish left to see whos invalidated then good luck. you guys will need it lmao..

STARCOMMTREY1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, Ultra Classic, Versa Note and soon to be Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
only a weekish left to see whos invalidated then good luck. you guys will need it lmao..
Nope. All delivery estimates were removed

James L. Harrison

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariot
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
::sigh:: The Maverick hybrid system is the same on as in the Ford Escape, so it is already "approved" by the government. So there's that..
NO! EPA must approve each model of a vehicle _NOT_ "okay" a drive train found in some earlier vehicle. That specific model. The Maverick hybrid is a new model; and must have a Maverick [hybrid] EPA approval. There's been a lot of talk going around that the approval is expected Dec. 8 [this year].
Sponsored