2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid AWD 😉
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I thought they finally did a recall?

I bought a 2012 focus, but got the cheapest one on the lot - an s with the manual transmission. I remember the hundreds of posts about the DCT and was glad that I cheaped out. The manual is super easy to drive (auto Rev matching on upshifts, easy to push pedal) and is still works like new after 10 years and 190k (original fluid and clutch).
You lucked out with that, because you got much of the benefits of an MK3 Focus without the two things it was widely panned for - the DCT automatic transmission (DPS6), and the MyFord Touch touchscreen infotainment system. So you got an overall quality product, reliable and built well at Michigan Assembly.

Nope. No recalls have been issued to this day.

There have been class action lawsuits that Ford did settle. Ford did essentially extend the warranty on the clutch packs for certain model years as well as the TCM (transmission control module, the computer that controls the transmission, essentially).

Never once did they do a recall and say, they're all defective, bring it in and we'll replace it with parts without the design and manufacturing defects.

It's a product of their own making. Someone high up basically staked their career on the DPS6 program, someone with enough pull to override the engineers who knew the thing as designed would never work. They had other options, but they went with this flawed transmission. Then tried to play it off as "normal" operation.

They didn't even admit defeat by switching to a different transmission going forward, which they could've done at any point. Why? Because that would've made it easy for the lawyers to push for a recall where all existing units got the new transmission.
Sponsored

Espeer

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 focus, 2003 expedition
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You lucked out with that, because you got much of the benefits of an MK3 Focus without the two things it was widely panned for - the DCT automatic transmission (DPS6), and the MyFord Touch touchscreen infotainment system. So you got an overall quality product, reliable and built well at Michigan Assembly.

Nope. No recalls have been issued to this day.

There have been class action lawsuits that Ford did settle. Ford did essentially extend the warranty on the clutch packs for certain model years as well as the TCM (transmission control module, the computer that controls the transmission, essentially).

Never once did they do a recall and say, they're all defective, bring it in and we'll replace it with parts without the design and manufacturing defects.

It's a product of their own making. Someone high up basically staked their career on the DPS6 program, someone with enough pull to override the engineers who knew the thing as designed would never work. They had other options, but they went with this flawed transmission. Then tried to play it off as "normal" operation.

They didn't even admit defeat by switching to a different transmission going forward, which they could've done at any point. Why? Because that would've made it easy for the lawyers to push for a recall where all existing units got the new transmission.
Damn. I thought it was a really cool transmission when I heard about it (like a super car!). My stereo did fail after 7 years (loud popping that got progressively more common), so I replaced it with a generic android touchscreen unit. I also had the fuel purge valve go bad (recall fix) and the vvt solenoids (diy, really easy and pretty cheap). Other than those pretty minor things, zero issues.

My commute is 60 miles round trip, and all but 10 miles are windy back roads without much traffic. I drive it pretty hard (hit 6k pretty much daily, wear out tires too fast by cornering hard), but suspension and engine seem to like that. It's a surprisingly good handling car.

93nighthawk

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Transit 150, 97 Aerostar AWD, future XLT FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Lucarl

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Luanne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT hybrid, Mazda CX-50, Jeep wrangler
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You probably already qualify for a buyback. Under Florida lemon laws its 15 total days in the shop or 3 attempts at fixing it.
Does anyone in the state of Florida have a dealer that's actually acknowledged and fixed this issue? My dealer still denies there's anything wrong. At this point, I'm willing to travel to get this resolved. I'm beyond 😡 with Plantation Ford.

glohworm

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No vehicle
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My truck was completely dead in front of my house on 8/26. Being retired, I had no urgent need to drive it. I immediately ordered a Gooloo 1,200 Amp jump starter from Walmart. I used it to turn the truck on to go grocery shopping every few days or so. I was waiting for Ford to come up with an approved fix and a TSB, which did show up a few days ago. I printed a copy of the TSB and took the truck to the dealer 2 days ago. Got the truck back yesterday morning. Tech stated he crimped and soldered a #175407 bolt or lug onto wire assembly end. They did not order a new wire assembly! So now I'll be waiting for a recall and I'll take it in again. What concerns me is the matter of dissimilar metals this the jerry-rigged fix. Other members have voiced their concerns in other threads. I'll have to keep an eye on this.
Ford Maverick Hybrid Harness TSB  22-2340 (no crank / no start) with impacted dates: Mavericks built on or Before May 13, 2022 20221001_104426

Sponsored

WeylandYutani

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Has anyone had a replacement harness installed since the TSB was released?

My Maverick had been at the dealer for 3 weeks now, 2+ since the TSB was released. Service department has ordered the parts but hasn't heard a word back from Ford on ETA.

Meanwhile I'm stuck in limbo with no Maverick and no end in sight.

• Sad
Reactions: JAC

93nighthawk

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Has anyone had a replacement harness installed since the TSB was released?

My Maverick had been at the dealer for 3 weeks now, 2+ since the TSB was released. Service department has ordered the parts but hasn't heard a word back from Ford on ETA.

Meanwhile I'm stuck in limbo with no Maverick and no end in sight.
It is on B/O untill the EOM

Ford Maverick Hybrid Harness TSB  22-2340 (no crank / no start) with impacted dates: Mavericks built on or Before May 13, 2022 1665440105975

93nighthawk

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Looks like Ford has isolated impacted manufacturing dates for the hybrid harness / no crank / no start) defect.

1664206842662-png.png

FB_IMG_1664200933439.jpg
I think I'm the latest victim of this issue. Luckily I made it into work but noticed the doors would not lock when I used the key fob. It's as if the battery is disconnected on a traditional car, no lights, no power to anything. I tried disconnecting the 12v battery thinking maybe it would help reset a controller or something, but no change. My guess is that the sonic welding on the terminal was not done properly and it was just a ticking time bomb. I also have the airbag and grill louver recall.

Sponsored

Bobman

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
White Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well mine died last Fri and I left it at the Dealer. Build date in 2021, one of earlier ones. The car was dead, no screen or power. I wiggle that power cable and applied some pressure and was able to get it to make enough connection while another person started it up and drive to dealer.

The dealer called yesterday saying it's ready for pickup. They check it and said no issues, apparently my wiggling did such good job the issue didn't reoccur. Thanks to this post, I told the advisor about the TSB, he investigated and decided to replace harness. Now of course it's back orders, like everyone else above. Will just have to wait and see... MaverickLess

HGB123

First Name
Harvey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
I was the OP of this thread. Just to follow up, the Dealer I'm working with confirmed that this is almost surely an issue with the Battery Wiring Harness. He has another vehicle that experienced the exact same thing. Unfortunately, the part is backordered several months. Ford is aware of this issue. Pretty unfathomable that they have not issued a safety recall or done anything to protect consumers. If you're considering buying a hybrid Maverick, I wouldn't. If you own one already, please looking into replacing the wiring harness.

Also, I submitted a report to the NHTSA.

Edlundell

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Looks like Ford has isolated impacted manufacturing dates for the hybrid harness / no crank / no start) defect.

1664206842662-png.png

FB_IMG_1664200933439.jpg
How can I tell the build date? I bought mine off a lot after an order was declined. Is the build date on the window sticker?

OP
OP
Last Truck Ever

Last Truck Ever

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hybrid Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

How can I tell the build date? I bought mine off a lot after an order was declined. Is the build date on the window sticker?
Door jamb, drivers
Sponsored