Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
And your reason for believing this isn't a covered under the 5/60k powertrain warranty is?
Powertrain is typically the engine and trans assembly and mounts; water pump/thermostat, driveshaft/axles, bearings, fuel pump, turbocharger, manifolds, and PCM. With the exception of the PCM nothing predominantly electrical.

There are even some operators like Cubican beyond even that at 75k+ mi.
Sponsored

groovesocket

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Atom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

NJ Pinelands

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Good to know this, especially with an Order currently stuck ‘In Production’, which may have this harness replacement component, the replacement side air bags AND the louvers removed and vent holes drilled.

[trying to find silver linings as this journey staggers to its conclusion…]
Yup. Hoping all the kinks are worked out for my September 5 build. I mean Sept 12. I mean Sept 19. I mean Sept 26. I mean October 3. I mean October 10. Maybe ???!!!

93nighthawk

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Transit 150, 97 Aerostar AWD, future XLT FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Jbuys

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Mazda 626, 05 Ford Escape 22 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I cut mine apart the other day to inspect it and it looked good. Built date was January 11th. Reheat shrunk it all and bolted back into place. Hopefully will not have a problem with it.

Sponsored

Cubican

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Pedro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ridgeline, viper, c8
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Powertrain is typically the engine and trans assembly and mounts; water pump/thermostat, driveshaft/axles, bearings, fuel pump, turbocharger, manifolds, and PCM. With the exception of the PCM nothing predominantly electrical.

I actually checked on the warranty and is part of the hybrid components so is covered till 80k I think

JBnorthTX

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang, 2013 Honda CRV
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Mine was built on June 1, and I just recently bought a jump starter. 🙂 It's OK, though. I had been wanting to get one, anyway, after seeing a friend use his on somebody's car that died at a gas station.

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I actually checked on the warranty and is part of the hybrid components so is covered till 80k I think
Wiring (much less low voltage) is not explicitly listed in the covered items of the hybrid warranty so it is somewhat nebulous.

Depending on your vehicle, electrical drivetrain system components covered by this warranty may include, and are not limited to: high-voltage battery, high-voltage battery connector, battery energy control module (BECM), on-board charger, inverter system controller (ISC), DC/DC converter, hybrid continuously variable transmission or electric driveline motor and transmission range sensor.

OP
OP
Last Truck Ever

Last Truck Ever

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hybrid Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Mine was built on June 1, and I just recently bought a jump starter. 🙂 It's OK, though. I had been wanting to get one, anyway, after seeing a friend use his on somebody's car that died at a gas station.
Me too. I'm getting one regardless, its a handy device to keep around.

Sponsored

bgn

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Basically, that's just Ford's way of trying to get out of a full-blown recall where they're legally obligated to repair all affected vehicles. The wording implies a lack of admission of fault, but they'll repair it anyway "to ensure your satisfaction". Doesn't always work for them.

At the moment, affected Maverick units should still be under the powertrain warranty, so there's no real benefit of a CSP other than that they'll mail out letters just like a recall and it'll be flagged on your VIN.
How nice of them to (potentially) not leave you stranded in your vehicle due to their supplier's shoddy practices.

jsus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid AWD 😉
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Dallas Maverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

On top of that, this is a 'hybrid' issue only. Because of that, I would argue that this would be covered under the 8yr/100k hybrid warranty.

Ford Maverick Hybrid Harness TSB  22-2340 (no crank / no start) with impacted dates: Mavericks built on or Before May 13, 2022 1664222262496

Dallas Maverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I noticed that this explains how to 'make' a replacement cable. The OEM wiring harness is still constrained I guess and they're helping techinicians figure out a work-around in the meantime.
Sponsored