Hoagus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘02 Ranger, ‘22 Mav XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So you believe that thieves read owners manuals when it seems that most poster's here can't be bothered to read it.

Intelligent thief is an oxymoron
No, I don’t believe that. Those ae your words, not mine.
Sponsored

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Whole bunch of them figured out how to swipe Hyundai's and Kia's with a thumb drive. This appears to be even easier.
A lot of that was dares by stupid teens and yes criminals also did it but the profit on stolen cars (parts) is much higher that a few gallons of gas.

I haven't seen fuel stealing as a problem for the Maverick Hybrid.

If it is an actual problem please post a link to a reputable article not idle internet unsubstantiated hype.

In fact there was a recent video review on this site where the reviewers thought the hybrid fuel door was broken because it wouldn't open when they fisted the door.

These reviewers were so dumb that they couldn't see the fuel door open button on the dash or even read the manual to find the emergency fuel door release.

So I really don't believe that criminals would be smarter than them and when the door doesn't open with a fist slam they would more than likely move to the next vehicle.

FriscoTXJoe

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
Banned
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

In fact there was a recent video review on this site where the reviewers thought the hybrid fuel door was broken because it wouldn't open when they fisted the door.
Just a very uncomfortable visual. I am not here to debate.
Sponsored