Johnkn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, Viper, 66 Shelby, 68.5 CJ Mustang, Pantera
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I posted what you see below in another Forum I participate in, it was from a trip yesterday. One idiot (who doesn't own a hybrid or Maverick hybrid) keeps posting that it's impossible, effectively calling me a liar. Some of his comments are that the results below are impossible as the truck is only rated 33 on the highway. He also pulls a few selective Youtube tests showing lower results.

Edit, never minds, I stopped feeding that troll. LOL.....

thanks

Sponsored

Last edited:

Comet

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat Hybrid, Corolla Hybrid
Engine
Undecided
I do not doubt you as there are a lot of variables that affect MPG, but I do not get near that mileage on highway trips. I got an actual 38mpg on a long trip over the PA turnpike going between 70 - 75 mph. Lariat Hybrid. I have gotten in the high 50's for some shorter suburban / rural trips. I average 43 mpg actual measured overall.

Jmav2152

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Mav, 15' KTM 1190 ADV R, 19' Husq TE250i
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Great weather and tail wind do amazing things. Just look at fully averages and it's well above the epa ratings.

OP
OP

Johnkn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I do not doubt you as there are a lot of variables that affect MPG, but I do not get near that mileage on highway trips. I got an actual 38mpg on a long trip over the PA turnpike going between 70 - 75 mph. Lariat Hybrid. I have gotten in the high 50's for some shorter suburban / rural trips. I average 43 mpg actual measured overall.
LOL, small world, I live in Southern Md and travel to Erie, PA fishing ~6 times a year. The round trips are right at 1000 miles including the driving I do once I arrive. I take the Capital Beltway then head up Rt70 to Breezewood, get on the PA turnpike, get off at Cranberry, then another 100 miles north to Erie. 2 identical trips since March each returned right at 41.2 average. 1 hand calculated, the other generated. Most of the driving is at 78-80 as the speed limit on the turnpike in most areas is 70...

thank you

OP
OP

Johnkn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Great weather and tail wind do amazing things. Just look at fully averages and it's well above the epa ratings.

No tailwinds when it's a round trip. LOL Your fuelly averages? or are there averages for all Hybrid Mavericks? thanks

Sponsored

Jmav2152

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Mav, 15' KTM 1190 ADV R, 19' Husq TE250i
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
No tailwinds when it's a round trip. LOL Your fuelly averages? or are there averages for all Hybrid Mavericks? thanks

So many nuances to travel I never like to get caught up with it anymore. You'll go crazy trying to pinpoint why one vehicle or route is better than another it's just not worth the debate imo.

Fuelly for everyone. I drive a EB in a 3 mile city commute so my averages are ass lol

DryHeat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DryHeat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I got 40 mpg on the highway during a couple of segments of a recent Canada-to-Arizona road trip. One segment was about 370 miles, the other 411 miles.

But other segments were lower, ranging from 34 to 37 mpg.

It seems to depend a lot on the temperature, the terrain, whether I gain or lose altitude, and the traffic. I do best when the road is clear and I can just set the speed and let it take care of itself. I also use the ECO setting when cruising, although I'm not sure that makes much difference.

Finnster

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy's
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I posted what you see below in another Forum I participate in, it was from a trip yesterday. One idiot (who doesn't own a hybrid or Maverick hybrid) keeps posting that it's impossible, effectively calling me a liar. Some of his comments are that the results below are impossible as the truck is only rated 33 on the highway. He also pulls a few selective Youtube tests showing lower results.
DON'T FEED THE ANIMALS! Just have a laugh and move on.
Sponsored