Hybrid fix 22-2124.

Joel Paul

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 msg lariat
I have a problem, I purchased a 2022 Maverick Lariat hybrid on February 19 from ********* Ford in. ****Ga. After 3 days and 100 miles, and backing some 100 feet Using only the brake, as it was slightly down hill,when the truck stopped and I removed my foot from the brake, and the truck LURCHED, only 40 ft further it was abruptly stopped by a tree after jumping a small ravine. I only intended to back another 10 ft or so, and by time I could put my foot back on the brake, the damage was done. I can drive the truck as the $4,000+ damage was only to the driver’s side. WE ARE WAITING FOR THE PARTS, now 5 weeks, and only a few more miles. I am afraid to drive it. My insurance will HELP me pay for the repairs, and the next stop will most likely be CARMAX. Perhaps I can recover some of my loss.

I know nothing of hybrid vehicles, but my GUESS is: the truck begins moving under electric (forward or back) when I remove my foot from the brake. When I then either shift gears or move to accelerate slightly, it always lurches. On my level gravel drive, it always spins the tires throwing some gravel in either drive or reverse. The dealer put the truck on the computer after less than a week after purchase, and found nothing wrong. I guess I will have to learn to drive with two feet for safety. For 70 years, my left foot was for the clutch or to turn on/off bright headlights. My order number was ****. It is a Maverick Lariat with all bells and whistles, except for racks etc. The VIN is 3FTT***********

And now, on March 30, and after the above was written, my web search found that Mavericks built before March 9, having the 2.5 L full hybrid electric vehicle (FHEV) May have………… problem. The fix is 22-2124 30 March 2022
Lemon law? ?….
I hope something can be done. I would appreciate your help.

Thanks,

Joe Meyer
Sponsored

tngreg

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Following....🍿