Hybrid engines "put on hold" (?)

Esjay

First Name
SJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo
Just for the heck of it, I emailed my Ford dealer salesman (who we ordered our Maverick from) about the status of our order.

Here is the specifics about our order:
Area 51 hybrid XL with spray in bedliner, full size spare and towing package.
Order confirmed by Ford on 9/2/21

Here was his email response:
" It looks like Ford put all Hybrid engines were put on hold. They are telling us 6 months to a year now on Hybrid engine Mavericks. "

Has anyone out there verified this information? Not sure my current car will last another year.
Thanks
Sponsored

brnpttmn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I wonder if he's mis-interpreting the sales cut off for MY22. There's been no other information about a hold on the current orders (other than the 40% constraint that's been known for months).

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just for the heck of it, I emailed my Ford dealer salesman (who we ordered our Maverick from) about the status of our order.

" It looks like Ford put all Hybrid engines were put on hold. They are telling us 6 months to a year now on Hybrid engine Mavericks. "

Has anyone out there verified this information? Not sure my current car will last another year.
Thanks
I have not checked but someone reported a couple days ago hybrid was showing available again as a build option???

Aherpa

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Edge, Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have not checked but someone reported a couple days ago hybrid was showing available again as a build option???
This morning, on Ford's site, if you 'build' a hybrid Maverick, there is no warning about the hybrid not being available, or even, having limited availability as stated before. What ever that means.

Sponsored

Randy H.

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick & Civic
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If you do not have a vin# yet. Then you will be a my23.
Not sure if I fully agree with your statement. There are many of us who have confirmed orders for the MY22 Hybrid that have not been scheduled for build yet, hence no VIN# yet. That is unless my August 16th order conformation email means nothing.

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This morning, on Ford's site, if you 'build' a hybrid Maverick, there is no warning about the hybrid not being available, or even, having limited availability as stated before. What ever that means.
I'm thinking they are getting web site ready for 2023 but this is way to early for that. I'm hoping that they figured out how to add a shift at the plant and found a boatload of constrained items!!!!!🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Most likely a website issue. Considering Ford’s executives have stated the hybrid is sold out for MY22, I wouldn’t get your hopes up for more to be available.

Sure would be nice but it’s far more likely to be some kind of caching or web server issue that’s displaying an older version of that page.
Ooooooo! Cached Again!😂

bob_vic

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT

Thanks
When you say tow package, do you mean the 4k tow package? If so that may have caused the issue with your order. Weren't they giving automatic upgrades free of charge to Ecoboost for these types of order? I could be mis-remembering though.

Sponsored

MojoJojo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mav Hybrid XLT
Ford Maverick Hybrid engines "put on hold" (?) 1638885529871

brnpttmn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
When you say tow package, do you mean the 4k tow package? If so that may have caused the issue with your order. Weren't they giving automatic upgrades free of charge to Ecoboost for these types of order? I could be mis-remembering though.
I assume he means the $100 hitch receiver.

Customers who already had FWD EB 4K tow orders submitted when Ford changed the requirement to have AWD got the free upgrade to AWD.

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Customers who already had FWD EB 4K tow orders submitted when Ford changed the requirement to have AWD got the free upgrade to AWD.
They aren't gonna do that for new orders. I hope he understands what he ordered.

I'd call ford directly about all of it,.

bob_vic

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT

Ah that's what it was, thanks

HybridOnOrder

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Cee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Going to be: Maverick XLT, Lux PKG, Moonroof, 360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If you do not have a vin# yet. Then you will be a my23.
How do you know this?
And I sincerely hope you are just inaccurately conjecturing.
I sold my car. I have been riding my damn bike. I have no VIN/build date or anything. But certainly anxiously waiting. It's been stressful for me. When the Ford salesperson that I ordered from said it would be 1-3 months for delivery, I believed him.
Now I've sold my car, in preparation for new car. Only to be a sad little person walking and riding my bike out here. I mean, whatinthehaaail, Ford?
Sponsored