Sponsored

Hybrid driving experience: Just like a Maverick - but different.

Hack

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Hack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 & 2018 Honda CRV
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My neighbor got a new Escape Hybrid for his wife. It is AWD, but has the 2.5l engine, so I assume it has a similar hybrid set up as the Maverick. He's a gear head, and a pretty old-school ICE guy. (His main vehicle is an F-350 Super Duty.) I was curious about what he thought about driving the hybrid. The short story is he loves it! Says it is "seamless."

He's a pretty smart guy and I trust his opinions, so now I'm really excited! But I ordered on 9/2 and don't even have a VIN yet!
Sponsored

Randy H.

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick & Civic
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My neighbor got a new Escape Hybrid for his wife. It is AWD, but has the 2.5l engine, so I assume it has a similar hybrid set up as the Maverick. He's a gear head, and a pretty old-school ICE guy. (His main vehicle is an F-350 Super Duty.) I was curious about what he thought about driving the hybrid. The short story is he loves it! Says it is "seamless."

He's a pretty smart guy and I trust his opinions, so now I'm really excited! But I ordered on 9/2 and don't even have a VIN yet!
I test drove the Escape Hybrid before I placed my order for the Mav Hybrid to get a general feel... I loved the drive and only hope the my Hybrid Mav is just as good or better.

Meintc

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lynette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

I ordered Sept 14. No VIN here either.

hcforde

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Hawley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Insight, E350, Toyota Sequoia
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I test drove the Escape Hybrid before I placed my order for the Mav Hybrid to get a general feel... I loved the drive and only hope the my Hybrid Mav is just as good or better.
From what I hear the drive train on the Maverick is not exactly the same as the escape. However all reports show that people love it.

MikeIn8R

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ecosport, 2017 Explorer, 2015 Focus
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I just picked up my hybrid yesterday and I LOVE it! I've put about a hundred miles on now including a trip on the highway with a heavy desk in the back (it took 4 people to lift it). No problems accelerating to highway speed, it's smooth and has plenty of power. I haven't been able to notice when the gas engine kicks in. It was well worth the wait (I reserved in June but didn't actually order until July, roughly 9 months since I decided to buy one). I wish you all luck in getting your trucks!

Sponsored

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, - Lariat, Hyundai Palisade
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Your post begs the question when is Ford going to release an AWD Hybrid Maverick. "We have the technology".

MikeIn8R

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ecosport, 2017 Explorer, 2015 Focus
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Your post begs the question when is Ford going to release an AWD Hybrid Maverick. "We have the technology".
Agreed, I would have paid extra for AWD in the hybrid. Also make it a plug-in hybrid and I would almost never have to put gas in it.

LeersMav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Maximus GP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PriusV, Sonata PHEV, F-50 Mavrick Lariat Hybrid FE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
From what I hear the drive train on the Maverick is not exactly the same as the escape. However all reports show that people love it.
Correct. The hybrid set up is similar, the e-motor is newly designed for Ford. The e-motor is designed similarly to the rear e-motoros for the Performance/Long Range Tesla Model S & Model 3.

The regenerative braking generator kicks on as soon as the driver releases the accelerator instead of waiting for the brake pedal to be applied. Also the regen brake starts to slow the vehicle, therefore brake application is very sensitive. Regen brake acts like a plug-in hybrid, but without the plug.

Not sure if the Escape is currently using the same regen technology, as for the e-motor, it is not but anticipate it will along with it going into the Bronco (Sport).

fbov

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Escape Hybrid
Also make it a plug-in hybrid and I would almost never have to put gas in it.
Not true...

Plug-in hybrids all track fuel age, and will not let gas get old. It forces the engine to run until the old fuel is gone.

hcforde

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Hawley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Not true...

Plug-in hybrids all track fuel age, and will not let gas get old. It forces the engine to run until the old fuel is gone.
...Uhhh, not sure I am following the conversational logic here! I think he, @MikeIn8R, is saying that for the amount of miles he drives he would not NEED gas to complete his trips.

Sponsored

wastefulnot2

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gen 2 rav4, 3rd gen ranger, sentra, yard art
Agreed, I would have paid extra for AWD in the hybrid. Also make it a plug-in hybrid and I would almost never have to put gas in it.
and we wouldve got a sweet tax break

hcforde

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Hawley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I just picked up my hybrid yesterday and I LOVE it! I've put about a hundred miles on now including a trip on the highway with a heavy desk in the back (it took 4 people to lift it). No problems accelerating to highway speed, it's smooth and has plenty of power. I haven't been able to notice when the gas engine kicks in. It was well worth the wait (I reserved in June but didn't actually order until July, roughly 9 months since I decided to buy one). I wish you all luck in getting your trucks!
I ordered my hybrid July 20 and picked it up the first week of March. so far I have only driven it about 300 miles. (I am driving my Honda Insight till I sell it next month). Great ride, the wait was worth it!

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Not true...

Great to know as I was worried about stale gas in my plugin hybrid maverick I am going to order just as soon as I can as I have high hopes of replacing my 2022 hybrid maverick for which I have not received build date. 🤗

unlimited

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Heidi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 Limited
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Same here, I would prefer the plug in. Con would be the bigger battery that is typically with plug in's. I get a $2500 bonus at work if I buy a plug in so that may be my biggest factor in wanting one, lol.
Sponsored