First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Have had my hybrid XLT for one week. Just got the dreaded deep sleep warning this morning... Drove it to Costco and HomeDepot after that without an issue. Should I be worried? I bought a jump starter today to be on the safe side. Should I remove my truck from Ford pass and turn off wifi?
Sponsored

JsnMrd

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Don't do anything at all! I mean if it's the harness issue, messing with the Ford pass app wouldn't do anything.

You have a jumper so just jump it if it dies. Ford should have included this with the hybrids!

Gullzway

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Ford Mustang Fastback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've gotten this randomly on my hybrid. Just got this message yesterday and my hybrid battery is at 54%. It's usually in the '30s.

OP
OP
Scupking

Scupking

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've gotten this randomly on my hybrid. Just got this message yesterday and my hybrid battery is at 54%. It's usually in the '30s.
So far I only got the message that one time a week after I got my Mav. Hasn’t happened since and I have left it for 10 days while on vacation.

Mikes22Mav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid 2022
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My new 2022 Hybrid started having an intermittent, "Service Engine Soon" message at 1700 miles, that would turn off after about 10 minutes. It came on a few times every month. Since it turned off right away I didn't think I had an emergency to take it in for service.

Then I started getting a message on my Ford App that said it was in "Deep Sleep Mode". After that I noticed that the Cargo Light wouldn't come on, the Interior Dome Light would not turn on when you open the door in the dark, the dash would immediately turn off Dark when you turn the car off. Things were not right with the Electrical System in my opinion.

I took it to my local dealer, Villa Park Ford in Orange California.

They have given me a loaner, which was yes you will because I bought it from the dealer used with 1700 miles on it. It's my daily driver, paid a lot of money to get it and it is having major problems.
So they gave me a 2022 Explorer 4x4 as the loaner.

I got a call 2 weeks after they had my truck and the Service Advisor said, we think it is the BCM, Body Control Module. We should have it fixed by Wednesday. I called my service advisor because he didn't call me at the time he thought my truck would be fixed. He said SOOOORY that was not the fix, they still had the same problem. He said Not Sure what the problem is and we are in contact with FORD Tech Support!

Is Fords Tech Support like everyone else, an Indian call center looking up ship from a database?

Could my problem be this wiring harness?

I have had no call from my Service Advisor today, and it's Friday, the 29th day that my truck has been at the dealers service department.

Luckily have a loaner vehicle.

Sponsored

Mikes22Mav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid 2022
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It has been at the dealer 5 weeks today and they said we don't know what is really wrong.

They tried all the suggestions from their India Call Center, just a joke but possible.

They said We have a call into Ford Engineering to see if they can send someone to fix it and we will call you to bring it back in for service. Meanwhile your truck seems to be drive able.

Should I tell them to order a couple negative 12 volt wiring harnesses, one for me and another because they will have more of these issues soon.

Does anyone think my problem could be the beginning of a bad wiring harness?

Haha48

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The stero drains the battery down to 12.6 then it goes into sleep mode. It randomly drains the battery. Ford simply says don't use third party apps as it sends to many request draining the battery. Basically the 4g modem drains the battery sending data to ford. Very annoying I got 3 sleep modes today alone the alternator puts out not many amps so takes many hours to charge been an issus with mine have to battery charge it up to use auto start stop as it doesn't charge up regardless on how long
you drive. 10 hours still 12.6 it's software problem hardware problems waranty is just say no problem.

mamboman777

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Focus, 2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Have had my hybrid XLT for one week. Just got the dreaded deep sleep warning this morning... Drove it to Costco and HomeDepot after that without an issue. Should I be worried? I bought a jump starter today to be on the safe side. Should I remove my truck from Ford pass and turn off wifi?
I'd recommend making sure there's no extra accessory draining the battery. I found out that my obd2 reader will drain the battery and cause the deep sleep issue.

Other than that, though, I don't think there's anything to do other than drive it. I hope this doesn't become an issue and that you can enjoy your Maverick!

OP
OP
Scupking

Scupking

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'd recommend making sure there's no extra accessory draining the battery. I found out that my obd2 reader will drain the battery and cause the deep sleep issue.

Other than that, though, I don't think there's anything to do other than drive it. I hope this doesn't become an issue and that you can enjoy your Maverick!
Luckily it only happened that one time back in August after I got it.

mamboman777

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Focus, 2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Luckily it only happened that one time back in August after I got it.
At that rate, maybe it was just a low battery from the factory. Who knows. 🤷‍♂️ I did get a jump pack for mine. Easy insurance. I'm just going that if it's going to act up that it happens during warranty. I suspect, though... It'll happen at 36,001. 🤣😳😬

Sponsored
OP
OP
Scupking

Scupking

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
At that rate, maybe it was just a low battery from the factory. Who knows. 🤷‍♂️ I did get a jump pack for mine. Easy insurance. I'm just going that if it's going to act up that it happens during warranty. I suspect, though... It'll happen at 36,001. 🤣😳😬
I also bought a jump pack and keep it under the back seat.