Sponsored

Warranty package to cover the hybrid battery?

MrMET864

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Toyota Rav4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hey all,
I have my heart set on a hybrid. Ordered it September 16, 2022. XLT luck w/BAP.
I was wondering if anyone has any advice on what warranty package is available to cover the hybrid battery. I’m sure they would be expensive to replace. So I’m wondering how long they actually last and how much to replace.
thanks.
Sponsored

bwil415

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G37
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Factory warranty on the hybrid system including battery is 8 years/100,000 miles.

gte105u

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Maverick Lariat, '17 Rogue SL, '14 Altima SV
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hey all,
I have my heart set on a hybrid. Ordered it September 16, 2022. XLT luck w/BAP.
I was wondering if anyone has any advice on what warranty package is available to cover the hybrid battery. I’m sure they would be expensive to replace. So I’m wondering how long they actually last and how much to replace.
thanks.
Hybrid battery warranty is 8 year, 100k mile. Defective is below 70% of capacity. You can get any number of extended warranties. I ordered from Flood Ford and used my Fordpass points to get further discount. But from the perspective of battery... not sure if you plan to get a warranty that outlasts the stock one.

Tiger Dude

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Skip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hybrid batteries have shown to be much longer lasting than we thought they'd be. The manufacturers help this by not fully charging and discharging them. Taxis are running 250,000 miles on original batteries. I really think it's only an issue on the same level as having to replace an engine.

OP
OP

MrMET864

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Toyota Rav4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks for the replies.

Sponsored

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hybrid battery warranty is 8 year, 100k mile. Defective is below 70% of capacity. You can get any number of extended warranties. I ordered from Flood Ford and used my Fordpass points to get further discount. But from the perspective of battery... not sure if you plan to get a warranty that outlasts the stock one.
Ford doesn't explicitly cover a specific capacity on the hybrid battery (they do for EVs, however). Also, Ford's ESPs specifically exclude the battery.

ListedGuru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Engine
Undecided
Ford doesn't explicitly cover a specific capacity on the hybrid battery (they do for EVs, however). Also, Ford's ESPs specifically exclude the battery.
Wow so all Ford ESP's exclude the battery? Do they also exclude other components of the hybrid system?

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid