Sponsored

How to turn off seat belt alarm if your Manual's instructions don't work. [For Hybrid and probably Ecoboost Too] - DIY

Vitamin G

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Only the chime. The notification on the odometer screen and the red seatbelt light still stay there. There’s no way to disable those that I’m aware of.
That's good to know. Thanks for the info. 👍
Sponsored

Mike

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Ranger F350’s
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Good info here. I do this on all my trucks. My last truck actually had to go to the dealer and be hooked up to the ECU to get rid of the chime. I never had much luck with the plug-in seat belt clips. They worked only sporadically.

Any idea how to diable TPMS light on the dash?

OP
OP

Flomounier1

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Good info here. I do this on all my trucks. My last truck actually had to go to the dealer and be hooked up to the ECU to get rid of the chime. I never had much luck with the plug-in seat belt clips. They worked only sporadically.

Any idea how to diable TPMS light on the dash?
I don’t think there’s a cheat code for that. You’d need an expensive scan tool or ForScan. Do you have aftermarket wheels/tires? If not just fill the tires to correct PSI?

SlingerRing

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Ford Escape
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Forgive me for not knowing, but why would you want to disable this safety feature? I buckle in pretty soon after I start the car if not before. Wouldn't that disable the bell tone automatically?
Maybe you don't need to buckle up when you're just shooting down the jobsite and only going to hop in and out of the truck. Different strokes for different folks. That's why the instructions to disable it are in the manual.

Ozarkbeard

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 XL CP360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

☝ Exactly.
I wear my seatbelt every time I'm on the road, having seen mangled bodies of childish idiots that wouldn't use theirs and were ejected from their vehicles. But my house is on a rough gravel road a long way from my mailbox. Whenever I check the mailbox going to/from home I have to get out of the vehicle to get the mail due to mailbox location. I don't want some stupid seatbelt chime annoying me on my own pvt road whilst going 5mph.

This thread is very helpful!

Sponsored

drew54961

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Just so I make sure I'm not missing it... what is the critical difference between the guide in this thread and the guide in the manual?

I'm in the same boat... I tried to follow the manual to the letter, and it just didn't work. I'm game to try it again, I just want to make sure I pay close attention to whatever the critical part is so I don't screw it up again.

OP
OP

Flomounier1

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just so I make sure I'm not missing it... what is the critical difference between the guide in this thread and the guide in the manual?

I'm in the same boat... I tried to follow the manual to the letter, and it just didn't work. I'm game to try it again, I just want to make sure I pay close attention to whatever the critical part is so I don't screw it up again.
Two major differences:

1) According to the manual's instructions, the seatbelt warning light is supposed to go off in one minute after following the initial instructions, mine and most other people's never goes off even after 5-10 minutes. I only waited 5 seconds after I turned the ignition to position 2 and didn't bother waiting for the light to go off to begin the procedure. I did it anyways with the light on. And it worked.

2) And the manual doesn't say that TWO PEOPLE need to be sitting in the car to turn off the PASSENGER side. The procedure wont work if you are sitting alone in the passenger seat trying to turn the passenger's side off.

You know you did it when you see the seatbelt warning light on the dash start to blink.

uga

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thank you OP, your procedure worked today on my 2022 XL hybrid.

Update, it also works on a 2023 XLT Hybrid.......................................

Last edited:

drew54961

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Two major differences:

1) According to the manual's instructions, the seatbelt warning light is supposed to go off in one minute after following the initial instructions, mine and most other people's never goes off even after 5-10 minutes. I only waited 5 seconds after I turned the ignition to position 2 and didn't bother waiting for the light to go off to begin the procedure. I did it anyways with the light on. And it worked.

You know you did it when you see the seatbelt warning light on the dash start to blink.
Negative ghost rider

2023 Lariat... push button start... no dice
  • Only trying to do the driver's seat
  • Tried both with and without the parking brake
  • Even pulled out the stopwatch on my phone to make sure I was waiting a full 5 seconds and a full second between each buckle and unbuckle
  • Even tried the other post's advice of doing a sequence of 4x in the beginning instead of 3x
  • Even tried some advice from a Ford Ranger forum that involved turning off the automatic headlights before starting

JX77

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Lux cp360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks a million! It seems after the start-up chimes end then you start to plug/unplug. I love how you can never disable a safety feature without the armchair lawyers making noise. FYI, people have valid reasons, I always wear my belt but don't want to be reminded when moving my trailer in the yard or when setting my toolbox in the passenger seat.

Sponsored

MJ Heat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Powerboost, 2019 RCLB 5.0 F150, 2001 Pwrstrk
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Negative ghost rider

2023 Lariat... push button start... no dice
  • Only trying to do the driver's seat
  • Tried both with and without the parking brake
  • Even pulled out the stopwatch on my phone to make sure I was waiting a full 5 seconds and a full second between each buckle and unbuckle
  • Even tried the other post's advice of doing a sequence of 4x in the beginning instead of 3x
  • Even tried some advice from a Ford Ranger forum that involved turning off the automatic headlights before starting
I initially followed the OP’s directions with no luck. I then tried it a variety of other ways myself, trying to get it to work. After second guessing myself doing it correctly when it would not work, I did it another 4 or 5 times as directed herein, & it finally worked. Who knows the reason why it took multiple tries?

drew54961

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I initially followed the OP’s directions with no luck. I then tried it a variety of other ways myself, trying to get it to work. After second guessing myself doing it correctly when it would not work, I did it another 4 or 5 times as directed herein, & it finally worked. Who knows the reason why it took multiple tries?
You know... I started out thinking you were crazy... but then I figured why not

Set the parking brake... waited 5 seconds... buckled/unbucked 4 times... nothing
turned it off, turned it back on... waited 5 seconds... buckled/unbucked 4 times... nothing
turned it off, turned it back on... waited 5 seconds... buckled/unbucked 4 times... nothing
turned it off, turned it back on... waited 5 seconds... buckled/unbucked 4 times... wait... wait.. hold on a minute now... did that just flash? It couldn't have... right? I'm making stuff up... that couldn't have happened....

Turned the truck on fully... drove it to the end of the block... yep. It worked.

I've... got nothing. Yep. Doing it over and over and over again is the ticket.

Last edited:

Deleted member 23340

I can't get it to work either. I've tried it four times. (Update: I think I found that you have to actually get out of the vehicle and let it fully shut down, then you get back in and you can start the whole process. If you try it after driving and shutting off the truck and never actually getting out, it doesn't work. You have to leave your seat. Must be a sensor thing. After I did that and follow the instructions I was able to shut off the seat belt chime).

I also want to get rid of that damn chime when your door is open and your key is in the initial ignition position or the radio only position. That one just never stops! Any clue for that? I saw a couple videos for the F-150 using some foreskin program through a computer. Is it really that complicated to shut off one little chime?

Last edited by a moderator:

Donald

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I can't get it to work either. I've tried it four times. (Update: I think I found that you have to actually get out of the vehicle and let it fully shut down, then you get back in and you can start the whole process. If you try it after driving and shutting off the truck and never actually getting out, it doesn't work. You have to leave your seat. Must be a sensor thing. After I did that and follow the instructions I was able to shut off the seat belt chime).

I also want to get rid of that damn chime when your door is open and your key is in the initial ignition position or the radio only position. That one just never stops! Any clue for that? I saw a couple videos for the F-150 using some foreskin program through a computer. Is it really that complicated to shut off one little chime?
I think autocorrect got you! Lol. Foreskin?
Sponsored