Sponsored

How to turn off seat belt alarm if your Manual's instructions don't work. [For Hybrid and probably Ecoboost Too] - DIY

Flomounier1

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hello all, the first thing I tried to do to my Maverick when I got it home was tried to disable the ANNOYING seatbelt chime that never goes off. I pulled out the owner's manual to look up the instructions (Page 42). I followed them exactly how they were written but the seatbelt warning light listed in step 2 never turned off even after 5 minutes. I tried proceeding with the steps anyways after 1 minute but had zero luck whatsoever. I played around with it for 3 days until I finally found out how to do it (On the Hybrid at least, but should be the same for Ecoboost if the manuals instructions dont work).

This is how I was able to do it. (Must be done separately for driver and passenger seat.)

For Driver's Seat:
1. Before starting the procedure, make sure your parking brake is on.
2. Get inside of the driver's seat and close the door.
3. Turn the ignition to ON but not start (key position 2, or press push to start button without your foot on the brake if you have a push to start button).
4. Wait 5 seconds, then buckle and unbuckle the seatbelt 3 times with a 1 second pause between each buckle. Wait 4 seconds, then buckle and unbuckle again. The orange/red seatbelt warning light should flash a couple times indicating that the procedure worked and was completed successfully.
5. Voila, if that didn't work, try repeating the procedure with the parking brake OFF.

For Passenger Seat:
1. Same thing, make sure parking brake is on.
2. Grab another person.
3. Sit in the driver's seat, have your helper sit in the passenger seat, and close the doors.
4. Turn the ignition to ON but not start (key position 2, or press push to start button without your foot on the brake if you have a push to start button).
5. Have your passenger do the same procedure listed in step 4 of the driver's seat procedure or do it for them as they are sitting (Wait 5 seconds, then buckle and unbuckle the seatbelt 3 times with a 1 second pause between each buckle. Wait 4 seconds, then buckle and unbuckle again. The orange/red seatbelt warning light should flash a couple times indicating that the procedure worked and was completed successfully.)
6. Voila, if that didn't work try repeating the procedure with the parking brake OFF.

For some reason, to disable the passenger seatbelt alarm, it requires both a driver and passenger to be sitting in the vehicle. I tried doing it solo in both seats and even standing up in the back seat but it never worked.

PROCEDURE ACCORDING TO THE MANUAL:

Ford Maverick How to turn off seat belt alarm if your Manual's instructions don't work. [For Hybrid and probably Ecoboost Too] - DIY IMG_0790.PNG
Sponsored

Rob Cactus Gray

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks for the tip. I’m unable to test but will be doing this once my truck comes in.

@Rozay solution for you?

FriscoTXJoe

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
Banned
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Forgive me for not knowing, but why would you want to disable this safety feature? I buckle in pretty soon after I start the car if not before. Wouldn't that disable the bell tone automatically?

Edge Haley

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Edge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PORSCHE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
At least on most cars...simply buy a "seat belt-extension", just like those used in airplane seats....($15-$20) plug it in and it turns off the light and annoying buzzer permanently until you take it off.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Flomounier1

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
At least on most cars...simply buy a "seat belt-extension", just like those used in airplane seats....($15-$20) plug it in and it turns off the light and annoying buzzer permanently until you take it off.
There are little plastic seat belt clips for sale on ebay you can plug in also.

2517X

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Ridgeline
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My Maverick didn't/doesn't have a seatbelt chime. It just mutes the radio until you put the seatbelt on. I like that a lot better than having the car/truck nagging at you to put the seatbelt on.

Sponsored

Mymaverick2021

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steveo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hello all, the first thing I tried to do to my Maverick when I got it home was tried to disable the ANNOYING seatbelt chime that never goes off. I pulled out the owner's manual to look up the instructions (Page 42). I followed them exactly how they were written but the seatbelt warning light listed in step 2 never turned off even after 5 minutes. I tried proceeding with the steps anyways after 1 minute but had zero luck whatsoever. I played around with it for 3 days until I finally found out how to do it (On the Hybrid at least, but should be the same for Ecoboost if the manuals instructions dont work).

This is how I was able to do it. (Must be done separately for driver and passenger seat.)

For Driver's Seat:
3. Turn the ignition to ON but not start (key position 2, or press push to start button without your foot on the brake if you have a push to start button).
4. Wait 5 seconds, then buckle and unbuckle the seatbelt 3 times with a 1 second pause between each buckle. Wait 4 seconds, then buckle and unbuckle again. The orange/red seatbelt warning light should flash a couple times indicating that the procedure worked and was completed successfully.
5. Voila, if that didn't work, try repeating the procedure with the parking brake OFF.

For Passenger Seat:
2. Grab another person.
3. Sit in the driver's seat, have your helper sit in the passenger seat, and close the doors.
4. Turn the ignition to ON but not start (key position 2, or press push to start button without your foot on the brake if you have a push to start button).
5. Have your passenger do the same procedure listed in step 4 of the driver's seat procedure or do it for them as they are sitting (Wait 5 seconds, then buckle and unbuckle the seatbelt 3 times with a 1 second pause between each buckle. Wait 4 seconds, then buckle and unbuckle again. The orange/red seatbelt warning light should flash a couple times indicating that the procedure worked and was completed successfully.)
6. Voila, if that didn't work try repeating the procedure with the parking brake OFF.

For some reason, to disable the passenger seatbelt alarm, it requires both a driver and passenger to be sitting in the vehicle. I tried doing it solo in both seats and even standing up in the back seat but it never worked.

IMG_0790.PNG
Question is that a permanent fix to the problem or do you have to do that every time you get in the truckâť“

Vitamin G

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

For Driver's Seat:

For Passenger Seat:
2. Grab another person.

IMG_0790.PNG
Does this turn off just the chime or the seatbelt map thing that comes up when getting in the vehicle? Just curious.

OP
OP

Flomounier1

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Does this turn off just the chime or the seatbelt map thing that comes up when getting in the vehicle? Just curious.
Only the chime. The notification on the odometer screen and the red seatbelt light still stay there. There’s no way to disable those that I’m aware of.
Sponsored