Sponsored

How to turn off seat belt alarm if your Manual's instructions don't work. [For Hybrid and probably Ecoboost Too] - DIY

Vitamin G

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Only the chime. The notification on the odometer screen and the red seatbelt light still stay there. There’s no way to disable those that I’m aware of.
That's good to know. Thanks for the info. 👍
Sponsored

Mike

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Ranger F350’s
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Good info here. I do this on all my trucks. My last truck actually had to go to the dealer and be hooked up to the ECU to get rid of the chime. I never had much luck with the plug-in seat belt clips. They worked only sporadically.

Any idea how to diable TPMS light on the dash?

OP
OP

Flomounier1

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Good info here. I do this on all my trucks. My last truck actually had to go to the dealer and be hooked up to the ECU to get rid of the chime. I never had much luck with the plug-in seat belt clips. They worked only sporadically.

Any idea how to diable TPMS light on the dash?
I don’t think there’s a cheat code for that. You’d need an expensive scan tool or ForScan. Do you have aftermarket wheels/tires? If not just fill the tires to correct PSI?

SlingerRing

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Ford Escape
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Forgive me for not knowing, but why would you want to disable this safety feature? I buckle in pretty soon after I start the car if not before. Wouldn't that disable the bell tone automatically?
Maybe you don't need to buckle up when you're just shooting down the jobsite and only going to hop in and out of the truck. Different strokes for different folks. That's why the instructions to disable it are in the manual.

Ozarkbeard

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
☝ Exactly.
I wear my seatbelt every time I'm on the road, having seen mangled bodies of childish idiots that wouldn't use theirs and were ejected from their vehicles. But my house is on a rough gravel road a long way from my mailbox. Whenever I check the mailbox going to/from home I have to get out of the vehicle to get the mail due to mailbox location. I don't want some stupid seatbelt chime annoying me on my own pvt road whilst going 5mph.

This thread is very helpful!
Sponsored

Sponsored

Sponsored