APD

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Order submitted
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
:ROFLMAO: Sticker seems perfectly logical to me.

What confuses me is that people actually need a sticker to tell them how to put fuel into a fuel tank in 2022. Then I stopped, and watched some videos on Youtube of people messing up fueling their vehicle, and I begin to understand the need. Trouble is people that dumb likely won't look at the sticker.
Apparently this sticker is telling you to wait 5 seconds before removing the gas nozzle. Why?
Sponsored

NoVaJimmy

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lexus GX 460
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
:ROFLMAO: Sticker seems perfectly logical to me.

What confuses me is that people actually need a sticker to tell them how to put fuel into a fuel tank in 2022. Then I stopped, and watched some videos on Youtube of people messing up fueling their vehicle, and I begin to understand the need. Trouble is people that dumb likely won't look at the sticker.
There are a couple of states where it's illegal to fuel your own vehicle. Say what you will about that but there are people in those states who have never put gas in their own vehicle. Then they travel out of state to self serve only and maybe, just maybe those instructions might help them get gas 😂

OP
OP
oneinch

oneinch

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Stanton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
From this photo it looks as though its the hole in the door that is broken, not the pin. Left side of the hole looks cracked/irregular. Is that the problem or is it just the pin or both?
Nothing is broken in the photos. My OEM pin was just fine. Same goes for the door. I replaced the pin before it got broken. I'm wagering that the aluminum pin won't break or come loose whereas the plastic pin might. If I'm wrong I wasted my money. No big deal to me.

Some Powerboost owners have reported their pin coming loose or getting broken. I haven't seen any similar reports from Maverick owners. What I believe breaks the pin is the gas nozzle being inserted or removed. I've compared both trucks side by side. There is more clearance on the Maverick than on the Powerboost. I reckon close to an inch more clearance. This could account for not hearing similar stories with the Maverick.

I'm not suggesting anybody make this modification. If you do, you know how to do it. Maybe you want to wrap or paint your cover. Now you know how to remove it.

OP
OP
oneinch

oneinch

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Stanton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
...it looks like the plastic lock pin is simple to remove by rotating 90 degrees clockwise...
I believe you're correct. You would also be able to replace it. If you're going to use the MegaOhm pin you'll need to remove the cover.

This pin would be easy to model and 3D print. Keeping a spare or two on hand would be a good idea. I myself doubt the quality of home 3D printed things. Quantity over quality can be the difference though.

Sponsored

JOEDDY58

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Edge SEL / 24 XL AWD on order
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Wow, all I can think of is the three stooges theme while reading this. it is amusing though

CG - All the way

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram, 2005, 2500 Diesel, 22 Lariat, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I am getting a bit older; this is the kind of stuff that causes me concern. I am worried that my brain may get full and I need to save space for the important/useful stuff! :)

However, if this "mod" helps those who install it get a better night's sleep, good for them!
Just not high on my list of needs at the present time!!!!!

Chris_G

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C-6 Corvette
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I am getting a bit older; this is the kind of stuff that causes me concern. I am worried that my brain may get full and I need to save space for the important/useful stuff! :)

However, if this "mod" helps those who install it get a better night's sleep, good for them!
Just not high on my list of needs at the present time!!!!!
Contact creator for memory upgrade.

Hardening2753

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

This post is both a little knowledge and an upgrade or repair. Powerboost owners have reported that their hybrid fuel door lock pin has loosened and fallen out or has broken. Ford apparently doesn't have a replacement part for this pin. You need to buy a replacement door. MegaOhn Motorsports makes a replacement billet aluminum pin. It's pricey. Too pricey? Decide for yourself. The listing doesn't say it's for a Maverick, but rest assured the Maverick's pin is identical to the F150.

To remove and replace the pin you first need to remove the fuel filler cover. You can skin this cat different ways, but I removed the sticker inside the fuel filler door to expose the locking tab. With a screwdriver gently pry up on this tab slightly while pulling outwards on the cover. It should slide right off. Now you can see the backside of the pin and can see it takes a simple twist to push it out. Grasp the pin with pliers. Use just enough force. The pin is soft plastic. Push in on the pin while turning clockwise. Turn 90° and push the pin out the backside. Reverse this to put it all back together.

Upgrading the pin. The MegaOhm pin doesn't attach the same way as the OEM pin. It uses a T15 screw instead. Just be mindful to clock the pin correctly. The slot in the pin faces up.

When putting things back together decide if you want to replace the sticker or not. I did, but before doing so I cut slits into it from the back side so I could remove this cover again without removing the sticker (if need be...maybe you want you want to wrap the cover or stash some emergency cash behind it).

20221110_130331.jpg

20221110_130642.jpg

20221110_130831-picsay.jpg

20221110_131946-picsay.jpg

20221110_132216-picsay.jpg

20221110_133018.jpg

20221110_133229-picsay~01.jpg
Thanks! I love these kinds of post

Sponsored

TopGun22

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
TopGun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SONATA GL Sport
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
There are a couple of states where it's illegal to fuel your own vehicle. Say what you will about that but there are people in those states who have never put gas in their own vehicle. Then they travel out of state to self serve only and maybe, just maybe those instructions might help them get gas 😂

Actually in all North America ONLY New Jersey can't pump gas.... in 2023 they should be able figure it out?

OP
OP
oneinch

oneinch

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Stanton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Actually in all North America ONLY New Jersey can't pump gas.... in 2023 they should be able figure it out?
Actually, parts of Oregon are still - by law - 'full service'. It used to be statewide not too long ago. I live in PA, but I buy my gas in NJ. Two reasons; 1) it is cheaper, and 2) because they pump the gas. You would take advantage of this too if you lived nearby. You don't do the cooking, serving, and cleaning at a restaurant do you? Nope. You like someone else doing it for you. We all do. To bad you have to pump your own gas. I don't. I'm living large.

TopGun22

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
TopGun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SONATA GL Sport
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Parts are not another state.... only NJ can't pump. There arent many full service places near me but I personally avoid them as they cant seem to tighten a gas cap 😆

if I don't pump, I will have a CEL... I can't wait to get my mav and that will no longer be an issue.

son of a ..sven

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Actually, parts of Oregon are still - by law - 'full service'. It used to be statewide not too long ago. I live in PA, but I buy my gas in NJ. Two reasons; 1) it is cheaper, and 2) because they pump the gas. You would take advantage of this too if you lived nearby. You don't do the cooking, serving, and cleaning at a restaurant do you? Nope. You like someone else doing it for you. We all do. To bad you have to pump your own gas. I don't. I'm living large.
Oregon House of Representatives have passed the "pump your own gas" bill and it is now in the Senate. If passed there, it won't be implemented until 2024. Personally, having lived in Oregon many years, I like NOT having to pump gas. Many reasons not to pump it, , but I am in the minority.
Thank you oneinch, if my ever need that aluminum pin, I now know about it and will buy one just to have..you know, after the warranty runs out. I like the idea of aluminum vs plastic.

Hardening2753

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Slight tangent ...

Per MegaOhm description ...

Been my experience lately that my newer vehicles cannot siphon fuel due to a check valve (ball) that keep a hose from entering the tank. I know this as could not siphon for my small engines.
You need the special funnel that comes with the truck
Sponsored