2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I posted this thread to seek information from those who ordered a Maverick.

I plan to order a '23 Maverick when the order banks open in August (if that is still happening) and I wanted to know the process of ordering a vehicle. This will be my first new vehicle and my first order with Ford.

What is the process for ordering?

Just pick a dealer and order?
-What should I look for in a dealership?
-What should I lookout for from dealerships? (what to avoid)
-Any good dealers in PA?
-Is Long McArthur a legit dealer? I saw some of his videos and was thinking if my local Ford dealers aren't good, that I would order from them?

I read that you should get a "Buyer's order" when placing your Maverick, any details about this?

Is there any discounts one can get?
-Does Ford still do a First Responder Discount?

For the buying whenever it gets here (Probably in 2024)
-How does Ford Financing work?
-IF you were buying with all cash, does that affect the price/discounts?
- What steps can one do to reduce the chance of getting a "Market adjustment" or some other price increase?

I know alot of these questions probably have been asked before but I'm a complete noob to all of this and would like to have some knowledge before I go start asking my local dealers in the next month or two.

I know that Ford can change everything with ordering a 2023 Model, but I would like to basic information if possible.

Thanks
Sponsored

KevCuRaoi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

I plan to order a '23 Maverick when the order banks open in August (if that is still happening) and I wanted to know the process of ordering a vehicle. This will be my first new vehicle and my first order with Ford.

-Any good dealers in PA?
-Is Long McArthur a legit dealer? I saw some of his videos and was thinking if my local Ford dealers aren't good, that I would order from them?

I read that you should get a "Buyer's order" when placing your Maverick, any details about this?

- What steps can one do to reduce the chance of getting a "Market adjustment" or some other price increase?

I know alot of these questions probably have been asked before but I'm a complete noob to all of this and would like to have some knowledge before I go start asking my local dealers in the next month or two.

I know that Ford can change everything with ordering a 2023 Model, but I would like to basic information if possible.

Thanks
What part of PA are you in?

Order guides and pricing haven't yet been release for the 23MY, so it is hard to know specifics. No way to know prices/options yet. Dealers will probably get this info a few weeks before the order banks open.

But you can get an idea of what you want based on the 22MY at least. Now would be a good time to find a dealer. Make sure you find a dealer that will sell you the Maverick @ MSRP and not add any extra surprises at the time of delivery. Other people in your area should be able to point you in the right direction as to a dealer that sticks to their word and doesn't add any extras .

Getting a signed buyers order (signed by you and the dealer) is probably helpful in making sure you get the agreed-upon price.
Some dealerships will honor their word with just a handshake. Others have added extras even though the customer has a signed buyers order. So finding a dealership that is known for not adding extra markup to retail orders is key.

Most dealers are probably making a list of people for 23MY orders. So I think your best bet is to try and find a local dealer that will be honest and upfront about prices and get on a list with them.

OP
OP
PA-Homesteader

PA-Homesteader

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

What part of PA are you in?

Order guides and pricing haven't yet been release for the 23MY, so it is hard to know specifics. No way to know prices/options yet. Dealers will probably get this info a few weeks before the order banks open.

But you can get an idea of what you want based on the 22MY at least. Now would be a good time to find a dealer. Make sure you find a dealer that will sell you the Maverick @ MSRP and not add any extra surprises at the time of delivery. Other people in your area should be able to point you in the right direction as to a dealer that sticks to their word and doesn't add any extras .

Getting a signed buyers order (signed by you and the dealer) is probably helpful in making sure you get the agreed-upon price.
Some dealerships will honor their word with just a handshake. Others have added extras even though the customer has a signed buyers order. So finding a dealership that is known for not adding extra markup to retail orders is key.

Most dealers are probably making a list of people for 23MY orders. So I think your best bet is to try and find a local dealer that will be honest and upfront about prices and get on a list with them.
North Central PA, would be willing to drive for a good dealer

Thanks for the info, will be calling dealers next week. I don't know anyone that bought a ford from a Ford dealer so that doesn't help

05FordGT

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Fusion Energi(lease), 2006 Mustang GT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

-Any good dealers in PA?

Thanks

Hey bud, feel free to PM me any questions. I sold Fords for over 23 years ('97-'20) before I had to leave the business due to health (severe Crohn's disease). I too will be ordering a 2023 the day they open the order banks (currently in my extended lease Fusion Energi). So please bounce any questions you may have off me. I'll be more than happy to help.

I also live in Pennsylvania as well (Chester County, about 25 miles from Philly) and I worked at a Montgomery County Ford store. Look forward to helping any way I can'.

Jeff

Last edited:

Vols44

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Edge
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'll comment on the Long McArthur legitimate dealer question. Read every post by @fordvideoguy. Go to You Tube and watch all 39 live stream episodes. Search for fordvideoguy on the MTC magnifying glass icon for related posts.

OP, Let us know what your conclusions are about the honesty, transparency, MSRP designation, co-signed orders, ROVP, COVP, Smart VINCENT, Price Protection Program, allocations, scheduling, Courtesy Delivery Program and @fordvideoguy and his pledge to do a video on the MY23 ordering guide on August 16th.

Sponsored

OXHB619

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Clayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL EB 2.0
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

05FordGT

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Fusion Energi(lease), 2006 Mustang GT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Based on what I saw for many years, the order guide should be out sometime late June to mid July. It's usually out well in advance (several weeks to a month or more) before the order banks open up. So I would hope to see it mid June at the earliest. But again, Ford could change this at any time. 👍
Sponsored