First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet Bolt EUV, Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It's frustrating that they have all these fun options to put on your build but if you do you probably won't get your vehicle for about a year....
Yeah, I guess like the video says, just leave off anything that could be dealer installed later. That way you minimize your chances of getting delayed. I ordered a hybrid with the spray in bed liner and mud flaps, so that's 3 strikes against me lol
Sponsored

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yeah, I guess like the video says, just leave off anything that could be dealer installed later. That way you minimize your chances of getting delayed. I ordered a hybrid with the spray in bed liner and mud flaps, so that's 3 strikes against me lol
I removed the "drop-in liner", "splash guards" and "bed mat" from my order and got scheduled for production last Thursday.

I will add the "splash guards" and "bed mat" after I receive my Maverick from Ford Parts or the aftermarket.

My Build is:

2022 Maverick XLT Hybrid in Velocity Blue with
Ford Co-Pilot360
Manual Rear Sliding Window
110/400W Outlet in the Cab Rear

Ford Maverick How to Order a 2022 Ford Maverick and get it Scheduled - from Tim Bartz Maverick Scheduled #2.JPG

Last edited:

Eagle11

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Boxster S, 2018 BMW M5, Ducati's, Suzuki's
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Not at all.

Ordered 2022 Maverick XLT Hybrid on 8/23 at AutoNation Ford in Frisco TX. Dealer had me sign the order and made a copy of my DL. I had dealer put priority code 10 on the order and made sure my email address was also included.

When I got home I already had an email from Ford that my order was confirmed.

So that meant that the dealer did everything correctly and that Ford could see my order for consideration of building it.

So Step 1 is to have the dealer enter everything correctly into the Ford order system as Tim stated.

Step 2 is to make sure you don't have constrained or late arrival items on your order.

I removed from my original order the "hard drop in bedliner", "splash guards" and "bed mat". All of these can be added after I receive my truck.

Next step is wait for Ford to schedule your build which for me happened in 25 days when I received an email from Ford that my Maverick was scheduled for production.

My build is this:

2022 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Co-Pilot360
Manual rear sliding window
110V/400W Outlet in the Cab

Maverick Scheduled #1.JPG

Maverick Scheduled #2.JPG
The confusing part is, what constraints are there, I have a simple XLT Hybrid build, Sunroof, and Spray-in Bedliner. It was posted in this form that the Bedliner was an issue then it's not. I would like Tim to go over what constraints could cause a delay. If the Spray-in Bedliner is still a problem, I'll delete it and have it done when the truck arrives.

Scupking

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Same. I have a hybrid with mud flaps, spray in bed liner and hard roll up tonneau cover. So I guess that's 4 strikes against me...

atomguy245

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet Bolt EUV, Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The confusing part is, what constraints are there, I have a simple XLT Hybrid build, Sunroof, and Spray-in Bedliner. It was posted in this form that the Bedliner was an issue then it's not. I would like Tim to go over what constraints could cause a delay. If the Spray-in Bedliner is still a problem, I'll delete it and have it done when the truck arrives.
Unfortunately the constraints probably change daily or weekly, depending on any issues at the suppliers. So the best Ford can do is pick and choose orders based on the parts they can get in each week. Some of us will face delays, but I'd expect others will get their trucks earlier than expected if they have a simple build.

Sponsored

Eagle11

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Unfortunately the constraints probably change daily or weekly, depending on any issues at the suppliers. So the best Ford can do is pick and choose orders based on the parts they can get in each week. Some of us will face delays, but I'd expect others will get their trucks earlier than expected if they have a simple build.
Here is the 64K question,
What is a simple build?

XLT Hybrid, Sunroof, Spray in bedliner, to me simple build.

maverick92

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick, F150 Lightning
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Should I be concerned I wasn't asked to supply a copy of my drivers license yet?

I'm sure there are a bunch of orders ahead of me since Chapman is my local dealer, but its frustrating to see August hybrids scheduled before my early July order. Mine is a "simple" hybrid + lux package.

Scupking

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What is a simple build?

A build with no options added.

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Tim clearly states in this video that the "Spray-in Bedliner" is currently at 0% meaning that those orders with it stand alone will not be scheduled currently. He also states that if you have a LUX package with the "Spray-in Bedliner" in that package that only 14 or 17 percent of those orders will be scheduled currently.

If you want your Maverick scheduled for production sooner than later then remove the "Spray-in Bedliner". You can have "Line-X" do it after you get your Maverick.

Last edited:

Punk88

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Are all dealerships charging the $500 fee? Just wondering

Sponsored

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Should I be concerned I wasn't asked to supply a copy of my drivers license yet?
If you have received an email from Ford stating "YOUR ORDER HAS BEEN CONFIRMED" then you should have no worries. If not you should contact Ford with your Order Code, Sales Code from your DORA and see if they can see your order.

I'm sure there are a bunch of orders ahead of me since Chapman is my local dealer, but its frustrating to see August hybrids scheduled before my early July order. Mine is a "simple" hybrid + lux package.
Tim states in his current video that only 14 and 17 percent of orders with LUX packages are getting scheduled.

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Are all dealerships charging the $500 fee? Just wondering
Mine is doing $150 Doc Fee.

If the $500 fee you state is a deposit fee than no as my dealer is doing $0 deposit.

Last edited:
Reactions: TCK

Punk88

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Mine is doing $150 Doc Fee
I’ve decided to pull the trigger on an XL and can’t make up my mind between FWD and AWD. My local dealer told me when I decide, come in and put my $500 deposit on it. I’m ok with a deposit as long as it goes towards my down payment and not a dealer fee.

Case

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What is a simple build?

I ordered a black XL hybrid. No options at all. Absolute cheapest base model over a month ago. I am not expecting it to be made any faster just based on it being a hybrid.

Eagle11

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Tim clearly states in this video that the "Spray-in Bedliner" is currently at 0% meaning that those orders with it stand alone will not be scheduled currently. He also states that if you have a LUX package with the "Spray-in Bedliner" in that package that only 14 or 17 percent of those orders will be scheduled currently.

If you want your Maverick scheduled for production sooner than later then remove the "Spray-in Bedliner". You can have "Line-X" do it after you get your Maverick.

The bolded makes no sense, I have a 0% chance of getting built, but if I have the "LUX" package with spray in I have a 14-17% change....
Sponsored