Sponsored

Tjmse

First Name
Judy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
My dealer took all documents from me right away. Placed my order on 8/10 and I was scheduled for a build 8/12. Also had to put down a $500 deposit, but I was okay with that. 10/11 is my build date and the experience with my dealer has been great so far.
My dealer took all documents from me right away. Placed my order on 8/10 and I was scheduled for a build 8/12. Also had to put down a $500 deposit, but I was okay with that. 10/11 is my build date and the experience with my dealer has been great so far.
I ordered 6/9, got my email confirmation from Ford. I haven’t heard a word since.
Sponsored

atomguy245

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet Bolt EUV, Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It was interesting to hear that this dealer has 300 Maverick orders, 200 of which are hybrid, BUT Ford is only building 30% hybrid right now. Sounds like there is a major mismatch between customer orders and Ford's predictions of model mix.

mamboman777

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Focus, 2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It was interesting to hear that this dealer has 300 Maverick orders, 200 of which are hybrid, BUT Ford is only building 30% hybrid right now. Sounds like there is a major mismatch between customer orders and Ford's predictions of model mix.
It's my speculation that Ford only makes money with producing %40 hybrid. I think there could be lots of reasons for this, actual cost only being one of them. EPA production rules, in house electric motor, battery and chip availability, etc...

So, if this holds true, #1 they don't give a darn about demand. They can only sell %40 hybrid and still turn a profit.

#2 we have to wait till they sell the xxxx number of Ecoboost engines so that they can make enough money to sell the hybrids. That being said, I bet dealers start buying Ecoboost Mavericks for lots. So, it may not take that long in my mind.

🤷‍♂️ Pure speculation.

Ravenstill

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 First Edition Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The part that I find concerning is the whole, "even though you got an order confirmation e-mail, it might still not be in the system correctly" stuff...

...I hate being "that guy" and "Karen-ing" up everything by pestering my dealer at every little possible hitch and basically telling them that I don't think they know how to do their job.

I love you @fordvideoguy -- but this video gives me an added layer of anxiety. I kinda wanna cry now. :(

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The part that I find concerning is the whole, "even though you got an order confirmation e-mail, it might still not be in the system correctly" stuff...

...I hate being "that guy" and "Karen-ing" up everything by pestering my dealer at every little possible hitch and basically telling them that I don't think they know how to do their job.

I love you @fordvideoguy -- but this video gives me an added layer of anxiety. I kinda wanna cry now. :(
Same here- In a normal world an order confirmed email directly from Ford should have folks feeling pretty confident but apparently not so much ?

Sponsored

WesM

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

You could try calling Ford directly, more of an excited customer vibe (vs the annoying/squeaky wheel thing) wanting to make sure they have everything they need. At least that would let you know if you need to follow up with your dealership.

Sid

First Name
Debra
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Equinox
How did you get your window sticker ?
Mine is schedule for Oct. 25th week but dont know how to find that sticker, thanks
You can go to the Maverick page. Copy your Vin number in and the it will show if your sticker is ready to be viewed

Sid

First Name
Debra
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Equinox
You can go to the Maverick page. Copy your Vin number in and the it will show if your sticker is ready to be viewed
Mine is in production now

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You could try calling Ford directly, more of an excited customer vibe (vs the annoying/squeaky wheel thing) wanting to make sure they have everything they need. At least that would let you know if you need to follow up with your dealership.
I have done that, the response didn't really inspire much confidence, gave my order # and they found it and said ok anything else you need ? I am like yeah the truck -lol - At this point I have asked my dealer if all doc's/requirements are met in the ROVP - Will see

r100gs91

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Cactus Grey Hybrid- XLT w/Lux-2021 BMW F900xr
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
After watching about half of the video, I gave up. More confused now than ever. This whole thing is just one BIG Cluster **ck. Sorry that I am not the biggest fanboy, I am a realist. Next week I am going looking for something different. Assuming I buy something else, I will flip the Maverick if that makes sense when it comes in.

Sponsored

Ravenstill

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 First Edition Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That's probably a good idea. I think I'll def take that advice. At least calling Ford would feel more like assaulting a non-descript edifice...instead of some poor schmuck just trying to make ends meet. :(

atomguy245

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet Bolt EUV, Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It's my speculation that Ford only makes money with producing %40 hybrid. I think there could be lots of reasons for this, actual cost only being one of them. EPA production rules, in house electric motor, battery and chip availability, etc...

So, if this holds true, #1 they don't give a darn about demand. They can only sell %40 hybrid and still turn a profit.

#2 we have to wait till they sell the xxxx number of Ecoboost engines so that they can make enough money to sell the hybrids. That being said, I bet dealers start buying Ecoboost Mavericks for lots. So, it may not take that long in my mind.

🤷‍♂️ Pure speculation.
Possibly. It could also be that Ford is assuming that Ford truck people want a TRUCK - so all wheel drive, more towing capability. So they skewed production to the Ecoboost.

Shadow.Black

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Van
After watching about half of the video, I gave up. More confused now than ever. This whole thing is just one BIG Cluster **ck. Sorry that I am not the biggest fanboy, I am a realist. Next week I am going looking for something different. Assuming I buy something else, I will flip the Maverick if that makes sense when it comes in.
This is not that bad of an idea. I am thinking I will just buy something during an end-of-the-year sale (likely a Kia Niro). If i am 'lucky' and my Maverick actually gets built, I am sure I can sell it for more than I paid for it.

mamboman777

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Focus, 2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Possibly. It could also be that Ford is assuming that Ford truck people want a TRUCK - so all wheel drive, more towing capability. So they skewed production to the Ecoboost.
It may be cynical, but I think if there's one thing you can trust a company to do is to look out for the company's best interest in making money.

Scupking

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It's frustrating that they have all these fun options to put on your build but if you do you probably won't get your vehicle for about a year....
Sponsored