How to mount bed rails in Maverick?

Vulcan9988

First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
So after looking at all the options how do you think they plan on mounting the bed covers and how does somebody mount anything on the rails of the bed after they get their truck from the dealership?
Sponsored

UberGadgetFreak

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Marauder, 21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This is what I see in one of the videos:
Ford Maverick How to mount bed rails in Maverick? 1626916996025

There's also a how-to on how to make your own :

As for things on the top side of the rail, not sure. From what I can see, even the tonneau mounts from inside the bed, not on top, like it clamps around the plastic rails.

Delbert

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Forester, honda Accord Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Nissan has the utilitrack which is similar. I saw a video of it used to mount bike racks. I saw something similar on a Tacoma as well. The owner had a quick connect ladder rack he used to transport a canoe.

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lexus ES300h Ultra Luxury
Now you have me wondering how I'll add an after market tonneau. It may be something I'll have to have installed. And of course NO ONE will have experience installing one. I am wondering I should add a tonneau cover to my build.

BeardedK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Now you have me wondering how I'll add an after market tonneau. It may be something I'll have to have installed. And of course NO ONE will have experience installing one. I am wondering I should add a tonneau cover to my build.
It’s just c-clamped on. It really doesn’t take any experience to do it, but they all attach the same way, if you’ve done one, you’ve done them all. Nothing I’ve seen is proprietary here.

Sponsored

Rkbrumbelow

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HCH2, Hybrid XLT on order
It’s just c-clamped on. It really doesn’t take any experience to do it, but they all attach the same way, if you’ve done one, you’ve done them all. Nothing I’ve seen is proprietary here.
Or go to a canvas shop that does convertibles and have them make you one. My buddy Gus owns a shop in Rockwall, TX but that’s likely a long way to go for a cover ;) still it’s Becky’s custom canvas if you ever need something made custom.

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Okay, I know the C-Clamps. But from the photo posted in above post, it looks like there is no room to get a C-Clamp in there. So I was thinking it must be mounted a different way on this truck. If it's C-Clamp, GREAT. Thanks.

Rkbrumbelow

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HCH2, Hybrid XLT on order
Okay, I know the C-Clamps. But from the photo posted in above post, it looks like there is no room to get a C-Clamp in there. So I was thinking it must be mounted a different way on this truck. If it's C-Clamp, GREAT. Thanks.
Install a set of e tracks, it’s like picatinny rails for a truck/van mounts almost anything ;)

Claymore

First Name
Alexander
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Dodge Journey
DIY Project:
I would suggest that once an individual has determined the layout of their specific needs regarding 2x4 to 2x10 dividers required for their Flex Bed they could paint them a Flat Black (or their choice). This would not only esthetically give an appearance of belonging but also protect them for years to come from the weather, warping etc! when in use.
Depending on their length they may also possibly be able to be stored under or behind the back seat. There appears to be enough room in the Eco Boost to do this (laid flat under or horizontal behind).
Baring this they could possibly be bundled & stored in the front portion of the bed when not in use? Again:.....this is just a suggestion.

Last edited:

PapaDave

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT FX4 VBlue & XLT hybrid A51
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
DIY Project:
I would suggest that once an individual has determined the layout of their specific needs regarding 2x4 to 2x10 dividers required for their Flex Bed they could paint them a Flat Black (or their choice). This would not only esthetically give an appearance of belonging but also protect them for years to come from the weather, warping etc! when in use.
Depending on their length they may also possibly be able to be stored under or behind the back seat. There appears to be enough room in the Eco Boost to do this (laid flat under or horizontal behind).
Baring this they could possibly be bundled & stored in the front portion of the bed when not in use? Again:.....this is just a suggestion.
I have been thinking about this as well. Maybe a spray can of bed liner can be used to paint the boards. I might put a couple eye bolts in the boards to tie them down so they won't fly out.

Sponsored

Claymore

First Name
Alexander
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Dodge Journey
I have been thinking about this as well. Maybe a spray can of bed liner can be used to paint the boards. I might put a couple eye bolts in the boards to tie them down so they won't fly out.
The top three horizontal slots I can't see being of any practical use to me but................... that's just me.
However, the lower bottom two vertical slots & the one lower horizontal slot would be much more useful for sectioning off the bed.
Also, if the distance from left to right & the dimension of the horizontal slot were known this could be a pre delivery DIY Project?
Just food for thought!

CHEERS EVERYONE

Art_Vandelay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid Lariat, Subaru WRX
Here’s the only photo I know of that show how a tonneau is being attached. Doesn’t look like the normal c-clamp used on other tucks.

Ford Maverick How to mount bed rails in Maverick? D0809247-2942-40BC-A7A9-60121FF927FD

PapaDave

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT FX4 VBlue & XLT hybrid A51
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The top three horizontal slots I can't see being of any practical use to me but................... that's just me.
However, the lower bottom two vertical slots & the one lower horizontal slot would be much more useful for sectioning off the bed.
Also, if the distance from left to right & the dimension of the horizontal slot were known this could be a pre delivery DIY Project?
Just food for thought!

CHEERS EVERYONE
I imagine you could do DIY before it arrives. I personally would wait to get an exact fit. Not too tight so it is fairly easy to remove but not to loose either. Maybe just one board slotted close to the cab for me.

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just food for thought!

CHEERS EVERYONE
I believe I've seen and heard in a video the top two (lay flat) slots are to place sheets of plywood or whatever sheets. When you raise the tailgate to the higher angle, 45 degrees I think, the top of the tailgate is level with the two top slots when boards are used. Without them, the sheets of plywood won't fit between the wheel humps and the load would be unstable.

Claymore

First Name
Alexander
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Dodge Journey
I believe I've seen and heard in a video the top two (lay flat) slots are to place sheets of plywood or whatever sheets. When you raise the tailgate to the higher angle, 45 degrees I think, the top of the tailgate is level with the two top slots when boards are used. Without them, the sheets of plywood won't fit between the wheel humps and the load would be unstable.
Yes......you are absolutely correct in stating the the upper position of the tail gate is designed to support items such as 4x8 plywood. However it is aligned with the top portion of the wheel wells in the box not the top 3 horizontal slots.
I can possibly see those upper 3 slots being used to support a tarp or some similar covering being used to protect items under during transportation in lieu of a tonneau cover.
There again Ford has given us the opportunity to be creative in our own ways.

Stay Safe Guys & Good Luck!
Sponsored