Sponsored

How much truck bed do you lose with the hard tri-fold tonneau cover?

zBernie

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Sonata
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I was considering getting the hard tri-fold tonneau cover. But I just noticed that it looks like you loose about 1 foot of the bed with this cover (See photo below). Are there any other brands of hard covers which don't lose this much bed space when folded?

Ford Maverick How much truck bed do you lose with the hard tri-fold tonneau cover? 1632108789665
Sponsored

clippedwings

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Transit Connect
I have owned a BAK Flip tri-fold - Bak supposedly makes the MAV version. I don't know what cover is shown here, but it doesn't look like the BAK rigid 3-fold I had years ago. Mine had flat sections that were probably an inch thick. A few inches of the front end of the bed were covered acting as front support and Wx seal. When completely folded, the cover stands vertically against the rear window and is supported by two support rods which swivel up from the side rails. People complain that when folded, the cover blocks the rear window, which is true, but it also serves as a protective block in case your load shifts suddenly forward when braking.

BDennis

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion, E450 Leprechaun
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The BAK MX4 which is listed as being available soon only takes about 4 to 5 inches., which is comparable to the roll up. It can also be removed in about 5 minutes. It also has a five year warranty fo $989 vs the factory at $1,160.
Ford Maverick How much truck bed do you lose with the hard tri-fold tonneau cover? 0263386F-68A3-4D14-9946-8FCDFAB008F3

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I was considering getting the hard tri-fold tonneau cover. But I just noticed that it looks like you loose about 1 foot of the bed with this cover (See photo below). Are there any other brands of hard covers which don't lose this much bed space when folded?
That isn't full folded. You can fold it upright against the rear window and only lose 3-4".

clippedwings

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Transit Connect
If that’s the tri-fold in the photo it looks much thinner than the ones I had on my Frontiers. those had leaves that were at least an inch thick. It took some effort to lift and fold them. They were so rigid I could get up on top of them when folded Flat

Sponsored

OP
OP

zBernie

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Sonata
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That isn't full folded. You can fold it upright against the rear window and only lose 3-4".
I looked at photos of the cover folded against the rear window and it looked more like 15 inches was lost. Only 3-4 inches would work!

Bluerex

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You are supposed to get almost full access to the bed. There is a piston or stand that keeps it upright behind the rear window.

Ford Maverick How much truck bed do you lose with the hard tri-fold tonneau cover? ED398C89-5D2B-4057-BAB9-1272D95E8AED

OP
OP

zBernie

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Sonata
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You are supposed to get almost full access to the bed. There is a piston or stand that keeps it upright behind the rear window.

ED398C89-5D2B-4057-BAB9-1272D95E8AED.jpeg
Great! That takes up much less bed space that the one in the picture I saw. Maybe it was a different brand. This is Ford's tonneau cover right?

-Thanks

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Great! That takes up much less bed space that the one in the picture I saw. Maybe it was a different brand. This is Ford's tonneau cover right?
REV/BAK makes it and is what Ford offers factory or through their accessory channel, but you can buy it through other retailers.

OP
OP

zBernie

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Sonata
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

ED398C89-5D2B-4057-BAB9-1272D95E8AED.jpeg
This doesn't look like the Ford tri-fold tonneau cover. Here's a still from Ford's promotional video. You can see that there is about a foot of the truck bed used before folding the cover up against the window.

What cover do you show in the photo you posted?

Ford Maverick How much truck bed do you lose with the hard tri-fold tonneau cover? 1632542492859

DryHeat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DryHeat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The BAK MX4 which is listed as being available soon only takes about 4 to 5 inches., which is comparable to the roll up. It can also be removed in about 5 minutes. It also has a five year warranty fo $989 vs the factory at $1,160.
Will I have to drill drain holes for the drain tubes or does the Maverick already have them?

Anybody know?
Sponsored