Sponsored

How many of you ordered a Maverick without even test driving it?

r100gs91

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Cactus Grey Hybrid- XLT w/Lux-2021 BMW F900xr
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Test driving is not necessary these days. With enough research, you should get a good sense of the vehicle and its driving characteristics.
Bull Shiedt
Sponsored

Rickus

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Hugh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1980 Chevy LUV Truck, Can Am Spyder RT & F3S
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
We rode in one AFTER we bought it. Plenty of what we were looking for in them, closer to affordable 🤣, and reading reviews on this site, DONE. Love it still!!! Just need to install that cruise control stuff....

mikehailwood

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Ford Ranger
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I would not buy a vehicle without driving one first. I drove the EcoBoost year and liked it but I was more interested in the hybrid. So early this summer I connected with a couple of guys on this forum who offered me a test drive of a hybrid. I paid one of them for the opportunity to drive and see what it felt like driving up to the mountains. Only after that...I ordered a hybrid.

spttrk23

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ronald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Like almost everyone else, I ordered in Aug 2021 and only by doing research did i feel comfortable with the idea plus I've had a 2003 sporttrac up till now and really liked that truck. Saw one (Maverick) in May of this year tired to follow with hopes of talking to them but to no avail. Got mine in June of this year and what a buy. Fits every thing my 2003 has and great mpg. Really pleased with dealership and.look forward to getting out and exploring the countryside again.

Sponsored

Barracuda340

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
94 Silverado , 07 mustang, 69 barracuda
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ordered without sitting it. Local dealer got one months later and I sat in it, and went hmmm I definitely made the right choice.

bbhaag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT, Mustang Mach-E GT Performance
Engine
Undecided
The first time I drove a Maverick was the test drive before we purchased it. It was only the second time I got to sit in one as we were lucky enough to look at the training unit that Ford sent out to dealers in 2021.

First Name
Lorinda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Dodge Grand Caravan
Like almost everyone else, I ordered in Aug 2021 and only by doing research did i feel comfortable with the idea plus I've had a 2003 sporttrac up till now and really liked that truck. Saw one (Maverick) in May of this year tired to follow with hopes of talking to them but to no avail. Got mine in June of this year and what a buy. Fits every thing my 2003 has and great mpg. Really pleased with dealership and.look forward to getting out and exploring the countryside again.
I also ordered mine sight unseen. My dealership did get one in, he called me to come check it out. I sat, opened, closed, pulled, pushed, everything ect. I chose not to test drive her, I'm a very safe driver but I don't trust others with vehicle that's not mine.
Ordered in Sept 2021, is built and on train to be delivered sometime in end of Oct.

hunterdon1

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Focus
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I size of this truck fit my needs. Ordered it with all the bells and whistles. Never saw a maverick on the road until I picked mine up. 11 month wait. Got around 2000 miles on it and it is the best vehicle I have ever had. Extremely happy with it.

Ecl

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Eli Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 hhr ss, 93 f250, 17 explorer platinum
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I never even saw one in person before I went to go pick mine up

Sponsored

SamMaverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick hybrid Lariot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Placed an order a month after it went live. I didn't even test drive it when I came to pick it up :LOL:

I knew i wanted. Needed an upgrade bad so I was ready to get in and out. Already waited 8 months and what, I would he swayed to change my mind in a 15 min test drive? Nope. I got to sit in it and play around with everything which was good enough a test. No regrets at all lol
I ordered a Hybrid Lariat Lux Alto Blue Oct. 4th only from a customer telling me about one he ordered a week prior and doing research on YouTube, that one is scheduled to be delivered next week:) and I ordered another Hybrid XLT Lux Shadow Black with BOP Sept 16th. got a FORD email same day, knowing they would sell out quickly. So I have now purchase 2 (hopefyully) without driving any. I did sit in one a couple months back.

pmcdonald387

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The title says all... how many of you? I ordered a Maverick without even test-drive it first. I did sit inside of a Maverick (hybrid) at the dealer's lot and ordered a Maverick with EcoBoost.
I ordered from Ford online and picked up one state over in February sight unseen before then. Back in the olden days with the early orders on the 2022 model there weren't any to see ahead of time.

Sykotyk

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Never even seen one when I ordered mine. Didn't sit in one until I went to pick mine up. So glad I didn't wait.

Bigbill27

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 focus, 2023 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ordered it in October 2021 site unseen. Got to test drive the ecoboost in the spring and loved it. I ordered the hybrid and its scheduled for the week of 11/7. I've never driven a hybrid before but have relatives that swear by them and that's good enough for me.

Cru_Jones

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat 2.0 EcoBoast AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
A local dealer had two Mavericks - an XL with no options and a fully-loaded, first-edition Lariat. Both were EcoBoosts, lightly used and $8000 over MSRP.

I asked to test drive one and they declined. Said they wanted to keep the mileage as low as possible, and if they did allow test drives, people would be driving them all day.

I took my business elsewhere. Ordered a new one cheaper but with a wait and no test drive.
Sponsored