Sponsored

How many of you ordered a Maverick without even test driving it?

gwrace14651

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I honestly can't remember the last time I test drove or sat in a vehicle before buying it. Over the last 35 years bought an Excursion, two minivans and two honda accord hybrids. Still own and drive both the Excursion and Accord Hybrids. We will be selling or trading the 2015 Accords for a new 2023 Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV and a Maverick. Other than videos and reviews have not seen either of these.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Bigdaveo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

The day I did the reorder for my 2023, the dealer had a used EB on the lot. I was able to see, sit and test drive one for the first time.

mess50

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Eco-Boost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I didn't even see a Maverick until about six months after my order went in. No regrets!

rightmuch

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The title says all... how many of you? I ordered a Maverick without even test-drive it first. I did sit inside of a Maverick (hybrid) at the dealer's lot and ordered a Maverick with EcoBoost.
Sat in one last October. First drive of my hybrid was when I drove it off the lot. On a cross country trip with my wife and two goldens. It now has 20K miles and just rocks.

LouL

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
I ordered without seeing one. I've only seen 2 so far in this area and those just in the last month.

Sponsored

bdaniel230

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT -Hot Chili Red - 4k Tow Fx4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The title says all... how many of you? I ordered a Maverick without even test-drive it first. I did sit inside of a Maverick (hybrid) at the dealer's lot and ordered a Maverick with EcoBoost.
I bought mine site unseen before the first Mavericks were delivered to dealerships so I was one that bought without a test drive. I have had five new Fords in the past and I also has assurance by the dealership that if I didn't want to take it I would bet my deposit back.

Ron#Maverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I reserved my XLT in June 2021 after seeing a CNN advertisement. My truck came in January 2022. That was my first sighting, sitting, driving. Love it with 12,500 miles on it.

mata

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I didn't test drive one just because none was available. My dealer did let me see one that another customer ordered.

Daraius

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Daraius
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ordered mine, put a depsoti down and waited 9 months. Did the dealer test ride and bought it

PeteMaverick

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
I only saw an XLT on the lot, didn't drive it. Had ordered the Lariat Hybrid sight unseen and not test driven. First time in my life I ever did something like that, but not going to lie, I don't regret it!

Sponsored

Bobby L

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 maverick xlt hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
went to dealer to order an escape se hybrid when a car hauler pulled up with 2 Maverick. I sat in one and played around and decided this would be a lot better for what I needed a car for so canceled my escape and ordered the maverick that day.

AngloSoup

First Name
Anglo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Old Beater
I've been interested in the Maverick ever since the tail gate picture was leaked.
Yes, I remember that leak. Was thrilled to finally have something concrete about a new small truck coming to market. I saw that while regularly following the news for a VW concept that looked like a station wagon with a mid gate and a bed.

You essentially had a 6' bed on that with the back seats down. And it was more car sized than truck sized. I saw the Maverick tailgate and got excited about that, just as I was losing hope on the VW.

crazymomlv

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mary Macioce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT on order and Subaru outback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sight unseen. Yup. And I couldn’t be happier with mine

flashfearless

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mav Lariat Hybrid,2014 Ford Edge Limited
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Pretty certain almost everyone

KAVA25

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Eco-Boost FX4 Tow
I haven't Sat in one or Driven one. I am 6'5" 300 but if i can fit in my wife's escape and drive it comfortably i figure i could do the same in a maverick. Ordered 2023 Ecoboost XLT AWD FX4 4K TP
Sponsored

Last edited: