Sponsored

How many of you ordered a Maverick without even test driving it?

pbrox

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hybrid XL Mav, 2005 Forester, 2007 R1200GS
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Test drove a hybrid Lariat back in the spring, and got on the waiting list to order that day. I was impressed with the acceleration, having driven an older Prius V off and on the last few years.
Sponsored

7Litre

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sonata Hybrid, 2023 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I was content to order one, sight unseen, based on the price and the fact that it was a hybrid too. I finally got to ride in my niece's Ecoboost in July. No regrets here.

csuh13

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I was able to test drive one that showed up (briefly) at a local dealer. That said, I live in the Bay Area and I have seen more a lot more Rivians driving around here than Mavericks.

KeinoDoggy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Elliot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid and Outback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It would be extremely hard to find a dealer that even had one on the lot to test drive them. Some dealers were lucky enough to have a demo Maverick for a very short period of time. With that said, I went in hook, line, and sinker and bought a Maverick w/o ever sitting in one, or test driving one. When I found an XL hybrid that a customer canceled in Gastonia, NC, I bought it and did all of the financing over the phone, sight unseen. I flew up there from Florida, picked it up, and drove it home 546 miles. I wasn't disappointed! The truck is way more than I ever expected it to be!! The dealer I ordered my hybrid XLT from a local dealer, and he called and said a customer canceled his order, I traded in the XL for a hybrid XLT. These are fantastic little trucks! I love mine!!
Agree...Hardly any of us '22 buyers got to see, let alone drive a hybrid before ordering. I was able to sit in a couple of the trainer units that were driven to different dealerships for training.

bradFORD

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ordered late June 2021 and only saw pix online. I ordered a RR FE Hybrid without ever seeing one in the wild or sitting in one. After 9.5 months, it finally arrived at dealership - I didn't even test drive it. Still loving it today!

Sponsored

BILLNOROVILLE

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
prius, Hybrid XLT, Honda 1100Rebel, 2) Hawk 650NT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Heard about it, saw dealer that same day. Ordered with 500 deposit next day, 97 days later it arrived. I asked my Salesman if he ever drove one, he said no. I gave him the keys and we went for a ride. He drove it before I did but I drove it home with no BS from dealership and on my MSRP price.

AHarris67

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 EB 2.5 XLT 302A, 2004 Chevy 1500HD 4x4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Drove an eb ordered a hybrid

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Fusion Hybrid, 2022 Mav XLT on order
I haven't driven a Maverick but I drive a 2020 Escape hybrid for work every day so it should be similar.

IwannaMav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 XL Ecoboost Fwd
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I ordered mine in January. I had not seen one in person. I have yet to receive mine it is in production. I have yet to see one up close only passed a few on the highway.

Eddiesan

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus SEL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've seen a few Mavs around, but never test drove one. Having never driven a hybrid before, I still ordered one. It's really perfect for my needs.

Sponsored

crustymav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Silverado
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I went and test drove a XL EcoBoost, I would’ve bought it but it was used and they had it for sale at $38,990. Absolutely ridiculous, plus I live in upstate NY and need the heated mirrors and such to deal with the winters. Ended up ordering an XLT Lux with BAP in Cactus Grey on 09/17/22. Had a blast driving it though. Way more spacious than you would think considering the size and it was quite peppy.

bluemaverick

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none yet
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
i have never ridden them but do see them around town. I peek in the windows when parked at the store. My only concern with no test drive is how much room is the back seat for the family. It wont be the primary family car but hopefully can fit 5 in a pinch.

Mike

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Ranger F350’s
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Test driving is not necessary these days. With enough research, you should get a good sense of the vehicle and its driving characteristics.

CoryDallas8123

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A4, Chevy Chevelle SS, 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ordered mine before seeing a real Maverick, only photos and videos online.

I test drove a hybrid escape and walked around the bronco sport to get some sort of idea of the drive and size.

First real Mav I saw was a dealer trainer in early August. Got all sorts of hands on in late August 2021 at the Dallas dealer meeting. Finally saw my first in the wild in February 2022.
Sponsored