Sponsored

How many of you ordered a Maverick without even test driving it?

atomguy245

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet Bolt EUV, Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I got to briefly drive an EB one loop round the dealer lot at night, in the rain, months after I ordered. That's it
Sponsored

B2000

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B2000
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I agree it does not look small in person unless it is parked next to a huge full size truck. Hoping to get mine by my birthday in July.

Mavforever

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I ordere
o
The title says all... how many of you? I ordered a Maverick without even testdrive it first. I did sit inside of a Maverick (hybrid) at the dealer's lot and ordered a Maverick with EcoBoost.
I ordered and bought a 2022 sight unseen…never laid eyes on it in person until I picked it up from the dealer…not disappointed in any way.

Chicolini

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150s, Mustang GT Convertible, Mazda B3000
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I ordered before I ever saw one. I was very concerned that I would have difficulty entering or exiting due to an arthritic hip. But the wife stopped by our local rural dealer and put in a reservation, then an order in August 2021, before production began.

We went to the Virgina Beach Auto Show in early January 22. Ford had a preproduction Maverick on exhibit, but they kept it locked so I could not sit in it!

In February, my dealer had a couple of Ecoboost cancelations that they let me drive. They offered them for sale with ADM, but they lacked the hitch so I declined. They sure were fun to drive though.

Potatomafia

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've been interested in the Maverick ever since the tail gate picture was leaked. I've seen a few around but never even sat in one until last weekend when Ford had a Oxford White XL AWD Ecoboost on the floor of the Tampa Auto Show. I crawled all over it. I have a 2 door Bronco on order that should be here in a week or so (after over 2 years of waiting!). I ordered a Cyber Orange XLT Hybrid Mav yesterday from a different dealer in case the Bronco falls through (damaged in transit, dealer throws a surprise ADM on it, etc).

Sponsored

GaryHoosier

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford Escape, 2022 Ford Maverick 2.0L XLT AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The title says all... how many of you? I ordered a Maverick without even test-drive it first. I did sit inside of a Maverick (hybrid) at the dealer's lot and ordered a Maverick with EcoBoost.
...I had originally ordered a Bronco (also "sight unseen"), but after seeing one in-person determined that it wasn't for me. The step-in height was S-O-O-O high! By that time (Oct 2022) the new Maverick order banks had opened. I did all the research I could and, even though there were none to be evaluated in-person, I switched my order to a Mav.
It was a gamble to be sure, but at nearly $20K less, I couldn't pass it up.
I order under the Z-Plan.
When I did finally get to see one in-person I was immediately struck by its size... not nearly as "small" as I had envisioned. I didn't take delivery of mine for a few more months, but once I did (and started driving it), I knew I had won the jackpot.
For all of you out there still waiting, or just undecided, I can assure you that these little trucks are awesome in every way.
BTW, I recommend the EcoBoost powertrain, with AWD.

Ford Maverick How many of you ordered a Maverick without even test driving it? Resized_20220827_134559001_363

stoptothink

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 VW jetta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ordered in June of '21 so there obviously wasn't anything to test drive. Also, there was nothing remotely comparable on the market, so it's not like there were other options. Considering the market, we were pretty certain we could at least break even selling it if we didn't like it.

KungFuGrip

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ordered a Hybrid last September without a test drive, but about month later my dealer got a bare-bones EB XL as a demo unit, and I was able to take it out for a 30-minute drive. I was sold.

Nitroade28

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Kia Soul
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ford had an Ecoboost Mav at the Chicago auto show they let us drive in February, so I have driven it and it was great.
I was set on the hybrid for a while though so was very skeptical about buying a hybrid without feeling it out.. Ultimately ordered the ecoboost mostly for AWD option.

AzCactusGray

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C5, SC430, 67XKE, 08 XJR, 78 F250, 22 Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The title says all... how many of you? I ordered a Maverick without even test-drive it first. I did sit inside of a Maverick (hybrid) at the dealer's lot and ordered a Maverick with EcoBoost.
Yes, and that was 10k miles ago. Ordering Maverick hybrid #2 as I write this.

Sponsored

Maverick2022XL

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL, AWD, 4K tow, 2.0L EcoBoost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I bought one without test driving it. I knew about the Maverick beforehand and on paper anyways it ticked all the boxes for me. Found a dealer allocated one that had a VIN, XL with 4k tow package without a buyer and got it in a little over a month and a half from putting a down payment on the truck and paid MSRP. This was last year before everything went sideways with part shortages and such.17k miles in now and so far it has been a solid light to mid duty work truck when needed and daily driver otherwise.

Daryll H.

First Name
Daryll
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 RAM REBEL
I'm guilty sat in one couldn't drive it got my order confirmation from Ford last night xlt tremor.

sprcoop

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL Hybrid, 66 Mustang Coupe, 2012 Focus DCT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I drove Frontier's from 98' until 2011' but couldn't find a mini truck with 4 doors that had decent gas mileage so got a Focus.

I didn't know Mavericks existed until I saw a Mav (from a distance) at the dealer while getting my oil changed (free oil changes for 10 years) on Sept. 1st 2022.

Did some research and the Maverick Hybrid was perfect for me. Pulled the trigger 9/15/22 without a test drive or even a sit in.

Lou'sBluMav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Chevy Colorado(sold Oct) 2018 Subaru Forester
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Found it existed in a Consumer Reports '22 compilation mid Oct. Started web research. Ordered XLT Hybrid sight unseen Nov 1. Saw an EB XLT at a dealer training session Nov 10. Build scheduled Sept 29? ETA before year end?

Your_Cousin_Vinny

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Lincoln Continental, 2023 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I poked around a base XL at the auto show last year with about 100 other people, it wasn't a good chance to really get to know it at all but I was quickly enamored with the form factor (so dumb of them not to bring more than one of their brand new product, but like 6 escapes that no one cared about). Went around to a few dealers earlier this year looking for a test drive, unbeknownst to me they were all sold out. Luckily the dealership down the road (like 2 minutes from my house, where I've ordered my '23 from) has a guy in the service department with an XL. He was kind enough to let me poke around in and get familiar with his truck and after that I knew I wanted it. Been waiting for orders to open up since then. I'll be taking my first drive of a maverick whenever my order ends up getting built and delivered.
Sponsored