Sponsored

How many of you already own a hybrid vehicle ?

Fish Chris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius LE, Ford F150
I'm thinking for a lot of folks here, the Maverick might be there first hybrid. And for these buyers, I can see why they might have some concerns. But I think for some of you who already own a hybrid, and love it, the Maverick might seem like a no brainer.
I LOVE my Prius, and it makes me some good money ;) LOVE my F150 too... if only I could afford to drive it more often. But as it is, I use it more for a stereo demo vehicle, or just take it out for a loud, clean music fix once in a while. Actually, my Prius has an aftermarket stereo system that sounds pretty darn good too.... albeit, more reasonable.... about what I will have to have in my Maverick.
Sponsored

PriusHater

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rocketstem.org
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Currently drive a Gen 2 Prius, my first hybrid after years of owning sporty convertibles.

jackharvest

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fiesta 2018
First hybrid for me. My commute is 3 miles. My 2018 Ford Fiesta (that I'll sell as soon as I have a prod date) has 2200 miles on it, and suffers from why-the-hell-don't-you-drive-me-on-the-freeway-itus. I can't wait to drive something to work at 35mph basically silently (the engine kicking on to recharge only basically), while graduating to the utility of a truckbed.

oljackfrost

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They're all sold, waiting for Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

PriusHater

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rocketstem.org
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yeah, well the hatred is from the turmoil recently of trying to get anyone to replace the brake actuator assembly. Otherwise it has been a solid vehicle, albeit fairly ugly.

Sponsored

adawalli

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Explorer Platinum, 2010 Toyota Prius 3
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Gen3 Prius - I love that car and made this purchase a no-brainer

LDProductions

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Ford Escape
My daily driver/commuter is a 2011 Lexus CT200h hybrid. I love the car, and wouldn't have swapped it out (except maybe for a Prius wagon) before the Maverick was unveiled with the hybrid powertrain. If I drive the Lexus right, I can eek out 45mpg combined city/highway, 47.5mpg if all city, and 42mpg if all highway. That's above the EPA estimates for the car, and I have no reason to think I won't be able to similarly increase the Maverick's rated mpg using the same techniques.

The Lexus is limited somewhat by a lack of utility though. I've managed to get a trailer hitch installed on it for hauling bikes, and have a soft rack for the roof for my kayak, but it's best for solo adventures rather than those that include the whole family. It also forces us to use my wife's 2017 Escape for things like runs to the dump, and picking up mulch, soil, and other big things from the hardware store, which isn't ideal.

Before I had the Lexus we lived in the middle of the city and I owned a 1996 Ford Ranger with the extended bed. It was our second car and only moved maybe 20mi per week. Really looking forward to having the economy of the hybrid combined with the utility of a truck.

TheShark

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick Lariat Tremor, 2023 Bronco Wildtrak
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I had a gen 2 and gen 3 Prius, liked both.

pnorwood54

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ALTO BLUE XTL AWD-4K-FX4-360
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
2020 kia niro xls. love the car but have been looking for a small pickup since my son took my 1999 ranger which he is still driving.

MTMaverick

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Chevy 1T
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This will be my first hybrid. Looked at hybrids when I bought my last car in 2013 but the cost differential vs gas mileage improvement would have never broke even for me... I only have 60,000 miles on my 2013.

Sponsored

MontanaEd

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PHEV- Volt
You know what's better then a hybrid? A plug in hybrid that can do some all electric miles. One of the things that I love about my Chevy Volt is the fact that I only buy gas if I take a trip out of town. I really want to reserve / order a Maverick but losing the ability to commute and run errands on electricity is making me hold off. I figure once the plug in hybrid Escape is actually available it won't be long before a plug in hybrid Maverick arrives. Then I'll pull the trigger on a Maverick. Unless I get tired of hauling lumber in my Volt. Yes, as a matter of fact I have hauled 8 foot 4x4 posts in my Volt with the hatch closed.

Don Morris

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Hybrid
2012 Fusion Hybrid, bought new in 2012, And still driving it.

charlie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F150
2006 Prius, good car. Getting old and we keep talking about getting a new one. But it still runs good. We'll trade/sell my 2002 F150 for the Maverick.

Westsidetruck

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord Hybrid
2017 Honda Accord Hybrid. I drive a lot. Over 150,000 miles, almost all highway. I get about 38.7 mpg, a lot of which has to do with cheap tires. When I had Michelins, I was getting about 40mpg. Hopefully, I can get 37-38 with the Maverick. Rented a C-max years ago and it got 33.5 on highway.
Sponsored