First Name
Woo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach-E
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Now that the order banks have closed. I'm curious how many of you ordered multiples.
Sponsored

LSchicago

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 99 E150 Clb Wgn, 23 Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I only need and want 1. No need for greed.

garryjohnson

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Garry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT FX4 Atlas Blue
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I only need one as I can only drive one vehicle at a time.

Sponsored

pndwind

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F450 Amb
Engine
Undecided
I ordered two exactly the same from two large dealerships in two different areas. I had just gotten a vin for a 22 but had doubts about everything. I also figured if I did get a 22 I’ll probably get to drive it for 18 to 24 months or so before my 2024 shows up so I will already have plenty of miles on the 22. I’m also going from an xl to a lariat because I hate taking my keys out of my pocket.

OXHB619

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Clayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL EB 2.0
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I’m also going from an xl to a lariat because I hate taking my keys out of my pocket.
Totally worth it, and totally understand why Ford keeps that at the highest trim.

If ACC + Proximity was available on an XL, I would of gone base and just done everything else myself.

Topfun

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
on the maverick subreddit ive already seen a ton of people telling other to put in multiple orders and just buy the one that shows up first. this is the scummiest thing about this whole new car experience. i mean if i called 5 pizza places and ordered a pizza but only paid for the first one that got to my house i would still be liable for the other 4 pizzas and at the very least would be blacklisted from those restaurants. ford really should of limited orders to 1 per customer untill they could meet demand or put people who back out of multiple orders on a back of the line list. the only people who win when people do this is the dealers who can can sell all the rest of your orders for wayyyy over msrp.

shocontinental

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Hybrid Lux
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
None, I had a 2022 VIN and scheduled build week. . . had.

scottp01

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fiesta (on death's door)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
2 exactly the same. One is a rollover at priority 10 at a local dealer. The other is a brand new order at priority 19 at Chapman.

Who wants to bet which one will be built first?

Sponsored

pndwind

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F450 Amb
Engine
Undecided
on the maverick subreddit ive already seen a ton of people telling other to put in multiple orders and just buy the one that shows up first. this is the scummiest thing about this whole new car experience. i mean if i called 5 pizza places and ordered a pizza but only paid for the first one that got to my house i would still be liable for the other 4 pizzas and at the very least would be blacklisted from those restaurants. ford really should of limited orders to 1 per customer untill they could meet demand or put people who back out of multiple orders on a back of the line list. the only people who win when people do this is the dealers who can can sell all the rest of your orders for wayyyy over msrp.
I only ordered one in 22 and got canceled. That’s not scummy? Also as everyone keeps pointing out I didn’t order from Ford the dealer did. It’s the dealers vehicle until they sell it to me.

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
One.

It will replace my 2022 Maverick XLT Hybrid that is missing the trailer hitch.

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tesla MYP & M3RWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Your pizza comparison doesn't work. What if you bought all 5 pizzas and sold 4 for more than you paid? That would be more accurate.

The limit on how many Mavericks you can buy is how many you can afford. Ford has zero incentive to limit this.

WNYEscapee

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick, 2019 Cherokee
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I can understand some people's desire to order a '23 after already receiving their '22 Maverick; trims/options/packages changed and you really wanted that Tremor or blacked out trim and would have ordered that if it were available in the beginning.
I can also understand ordering multiples if it's for your business or you have multiple people in your family wanting one.
That said, I think some should be thankful that after waiting so long they've gotten their order and should be content. To place multiple orders to see which ones come in and you can later sell off at a profit if your other orders come through seems quite greedy. Some people need new vehicles and had waited for a '22 which got cancelled and are still willing to take a chance for '23 because a Maverick fits their needs. They're taking away someone else's opportunity to have something so they can make a quick buck -- I personally question the morality of it. Sure, you can argue that if it didn't someone else would, but does that really justify it? I also find it rather disgusting that dealerships are willing to bilk a couple extra thousand out of their customers because someone else didn't take their order.

sanpablo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1967 Shelby GT500, 1999 Ford Windstar
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Now that the order banks have closed. I'm curious how many of you ordered multiples.
I have (had) A 2022 order. Dealer communication was non existent unless I contacted him although I have been hearing from him in the last month. I still seem to know more than he does! I contacted him yesterday about Ford cancelling my 2022 and he said he heard that rumour!?
So with this experience I put in two 2023 orders. One with a different local dealer and one with LM. I feel bad about doing that but I don't have much faith that any of the 3 will be built. I see very few hybrids being built this year :-(
I will try my best to cancel the two if one gets built. I know LM will actually cancel the order. Not sure about either local dealer. I suspect they will keep the order and mark it up. I do feel bad about that but I am older and this most likely will be my last vehicle so don't judge me too harshly :)
Sponsored

Last edited: