Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
63 Nova Convertible /
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Just got notified my Maverick which had a build date of Nov 29th and a vin # is now pushed back to Dec 6th. My XLT Ecoboost was ordered July 3rd. Keep pushing our orders back and I see a possible class action lawsuit building.
Class action suit? I checked over every piece of paper from the dealer…. Can’t find a word about when the truck will be built or delivered. You can always cancel.
Sponsored

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The bigger the company, the deeper the pockets and just what a law firm wants to sue. "So if a dealer never gets a vehicle, then a dealer can keep any deposit forever? Cool theory.
what is the current total of "NEVER getting a vehicle" and keeping deposits scam? I'd wager it is 0

MaverickTime

Banned
Banned
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Ranger
Class action suit? I checked over every piece of paper from the dealer…. Can’t find a word about when the truck will be built or delivered. You can always cancel.
So in essence what you are saying is, if you put down a non refundable deposit for a vehicle in good faith, waited 6 months or perhaps more if a hybrid you would let the dealer keep your money? I would love to hear your answer on that one.
Most people buy vehicles due to need, not just for bragging rights to let it sit at the curb. Some on this very forum had anticipated the vehicle would arrive to them by "fall" of this year, those are Ford's words not mine. Even if the vehicle was built today it would bring it into late December and possibly even later factoring shipping and other variables.
I now know there are many dealership people on this forum which are drinking from the Ford kool aid fountain and spewing the corporate line of deadlines that come and go with each email.
In addition some stealerships mark up way over MSRP under the guise of " market pricing" to desperate consumers. I am not going to label you as one, but I will label myself as an educated consumer who refuses to be sucked into the rhetoric. I feel sorry for those that have unreliable vehicles that simply cant wait until Ford is ready to plop them out. IMHO it is just bad business, and if Ford didnt think so, they would not be trying to buy consumers off with free trinkets while they wait till hell freezes over to get a vehicle. So there! Now I feel better.

jcsan18

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
But even then, some people put down non-refundable deposits. People here have said that their deposit was non-refundable, and they were okay with that. The vast majority made refundable deposits.
If your dealer had a refundable deposit policy, you should be fine. If not…… 🤷🏻‍♂️

There’s no “drinking the kool aid” here. There’s just facts. What you think of as bad business, cam be attributed to a number of things that affect what they are doing that we have no clue about.

A delay, lengthy or otherwise, isn’t an attempt to scam anyone, and it isn’t grounds for any type of litigation. Again, no one here was told they would have their vehicle on a specific day when they ordered it.

Sponsored

SlappaDaBass

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mav Hybrid XLT, '21 Forrester
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My dealer said 6-8 weeks which was backed up by another dealer. Not counting on it though.
Same. Ecoboost XLT FWD Carbonized Grey. No other options but a hitch and sliding rear window.

Clinton

First Name
Clinton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford C-MAX, 1996 Dodge Diesel
Hey everyone just a quick question how long did most of you wait till your order was fulfilled? I ordered mine in 10/4 the deal ship told me approximately 10 weeks I’m fine with that just curious that’s all If that was most of your waits. Thanks
Ordered my hybrid July1,still waiting, but don't really think it will be this year. Something about parts problems.

HPR

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I've had my truck for 2 weeks. I was lucky enough to get in the 2ND week of production, it took 3.5 months to get it. I'll join your class action lawsuit anyways. :ROFLMAO:

SteelixRebel

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Chevy Colorado
Ordered mine on July 7. XLT, AWD, Ecoboost, with Spray in Bedliner, Trailer hitch and Touchlink lighting. Got a confirmation email the next day and haven't heard anything from Ford. I was stuck in Priority code 10 for a month then code 2 since. My dealer keep saying there looking at it and passing over it for constraints. I asked him to take off the spray in liner a few weeks ago and having heard anything since.

Jroehrer10

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
no shot, I ordered ecoboost awd 7/22 and still no scheduled date. I have been at priority 2 for 6 weeks now.

Sponsored

JdmSmaj

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My original order that was placed on 6/23 was for an XLT FWD with 4K tow option and some other stuff like the Lux package.

On 8/16 I met with my dealer to change it over to AWD since Ford said the FWD 4K towing would not be produced. On 10/21 I received the "Scheduled for Production" email with a build week of 12/13.

Here is a pic of my original order. I now have another copy of one with the AWD update.
Original DORA with FWD 4K option.jpg
Awesome, congrats! Glad to see it's possible to get scheduled with the change order. We got pretty much the same setup which makes me question what's going on with mine. I honestly think it's got something to do with my dealer, they don't seem too bright.

Shocker

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT, Awd, Eco, Xltlux, Velocity Blue, tow package
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ordered 8/13 in production 10/28 shipped message 11/24 eta 12/19.
So 4 months

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yeah, my dealer was careful to give a generously long estimate of the time it will take to get the vehicle. They said at least 3 months for an eco and 6 for a hybrid. I am hoping it's a case of "promise less, deliver more".

Mymaverick2021

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steveo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
do you have a written guarantee anywhere by the dealer defining what a "timely manner" is? Didn't think so. Quit whining and wait your turn like everyone else.
I'd Say take your medicine and quit whining because Ford has a no deposit policy for the Maverick and if you didn't know that, I pitty the fool

Sjbuck2021

Banned
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Frontier /2018 Acura RDX
You’ll hear from people who ordered in June and are still waiting, vast majority will be Hybrid orders.

You’ll hear from people who ordered in September and have build dates or heck even received their Mavs already, 100% ecoboost.

Dealer may have quoted you 10 weeks as that’s the timeframe for the first Hybrids to be delivered. But you won’t be first as there are plenty of people who have Hybrids built that are sitting in Mexico.

Good luck!
My dealer said 6-8 weeks which was backed up by another dealer. Not counting on it though.
They tell lies!
Sponsored