First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lincoln Corsair, 2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It's dealer to dealer. Mine came in, I chatted on the phone with my salesman as I was out of town. Wouldn't be back for 5 days. He parked it in the rear of dealer so it wasn't out front with other vehicles.
Came back, set up a time went in paid and drove away.
Sponsored

45caldan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Canyon
Engine
Undecided
When I ordered mine I had to put a $500 deposit on it.
I sure hope they’d keep it for a few days!
Why would one put a deposit down if a dealer could sell it out from under you???

05FordGT

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Fusion Energi(lease), 2006 Mustang GT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
note to self... don't cross 05FordGT
I'm sorry, I'm just jaded for being in the business for so long and I've seen so many good people get seriously screwed by dealers everywhere. I loved selling cars as I got to help people and they appreciated it. So much they came back to see me for another car. 👍 It's this kind of crap I hated. Thankfully the dealer I worked at wasn't like that.

krg

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 maverick hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Howdy! Unusual circumstance here for a maverick! Bit my maverick arrived yesterday and I’m out of town for Thanksgiving for the weekend, how long will the dealer hold a maverick for you before I come pick up and buy it? Not sure if they are able to just sell it cause I’m not there to pick it up or how it works.
my dealer in michigan quoted me 30 days.....

Oscarcat

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Lariat, Lexus NX 300 Chrysler PT Cruiser 5 spd
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Howdy! Unusual circumstance here for a maverick! Bit my maverick arrived yesterday and I’m out of town for Thanksgiving for the weekend, how long will the dealer hold a maverick for you before I come pick up and buy it? Not sure if they are able to just sell it cause I’m not there to pick it up or how it works.
I imagine it is at the dealer's discretion. They own the vehicle. If they notified you by email or phone, then email them back [so you have a paper trail] that you like many, are out of town for the TG holiday and will come to retrieve your Mav on XXX when you return. Specifically ask them to hold it.

By engaging with them, they know you intend to purchase it and they are not giving up a lost opportunity by holding it when they possibly could sell it over the weekend [11/24-11/26] . Ask them to email you an itemized out-the-door price so you can move your funds around, activate your loan etc. etc. If you have a certificate remind them and look to see they apply the full amount for your engine/trim level. Unless you want it, remind them not to install tracking, paint seal, etc. etc. and all the add-ons they mark up 1000%. Do this after they email you the itemized out the door price.

Do you have a Private Offer certificate number. Message me so I can forewarn you about the games dealers can play. Spoiler alert: the money goes to them from Ford, not automatically to you.

Last edited:

Sponsored

FischAutoTechGarten

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Green Valley Arizona USA, Alamos Sonora MEX
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mav Lariat EB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I'm sorry, I'm just jaded for being in the business for so long and I've seen so many good people get seriously screwed by dealers everywhere. I loved selling cars as I got to help people and they appreciated it. So much they came back to see me for another car. 👍 It's this kind of crap I hated. Thankfully the dealer I worked at wasn't like that.

I think you missed my humor... go look at what I quoted from you.... you typed 'Like up' when I think you meant to type 'Light up'. It just made me laugh...

05FordGT

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Fusion Energi(lease), 2006 Mustang GT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think you missed my humor... go look at what I quoted from you.... you typed 'Like up' when I think you meant to type 'Light up'. It just made me laugh...
Yeah, I definitely whiffed at that. Both not seeing my mistype and your quote of it. 😂😂 Long day. 👍

Montana

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I've seen some dealers be very kind with the pickup dates - but be warned they usually like to show your truck off to others while it sits there. So Farty McCheeseburger and his booger fingers could be touching all over your new interior in the process...

And then I've seen some stories of people basically never hearing from dealerships and on the day it arrives they go "time to pick it up or we are going to sell it"... so... there's that.

I'd say communication is key. If you don't hear from your dealership, force them to hear from you in person.
Sponsored