Sponsored

How is the 8/2 order date formalized to dealers?

gte105u

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Maverick Lariat, '17 Rogue SL, '14 Altima SV
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So I went by Mak Haik Ford of Houston yesterday. They had a Lariat on lot and Luis was kind enough to call me and say hurry in and test drive before they sell it (they knew I was planning on ordering).

Between that and confirming no mark ups, I feel it is right to give Luis the chance to make the sale since he helped me out. Here's the rub, when we were talking order he said 8/15. I told him I read 8/2, but he said this is coming from his boss.

I emailed today thanking him for the call, and sent a couple links saying 8/2. He just emailed backing saying he confirmed it is 8/15. Is there something official I point him to on this? Don't want him to lose out based upon bad data he is getting. But I will go elsewhere over this if they don't get it together. Also a bit concerning they are not more plugged in to know this. It's not a small time dealer or in a small market here...
Sponsored

teh603

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Subaru Outback, '09 Honda Fit
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Texas is an "at will employment" state. If the boss says it's 8/15 there, it's 8/15 and his job isn't worth it.

Timaysz

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford explorer sport trac
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
See I'm a little confused about it also..
When they first talked about trying to roll over ur 22 order to a 23 and how that was going to work... It was that order Banks weren't going to open till 8/15. But that if u had a 22 unscheduled order.. That dealers would have access to the internal ford order Banks so the people with 22 orders that have to place a new order had a week to get in to the dealership and have the new orders placed before people tried rushing to place brand new orders for 23.

But then they are saying the order Banks are open to every body to on 8/2 so I'm confused...
I do know that my dealer told me that even if I don't get to the dealer to place a new 23 order for my 22 unscheduled for a week or so that.. They have said a side from constraints 22 carry over to 23 orders will be considered before the new 23 orders will be to try to build the back log of unfilled orders first

OP
OP
gte105u

gte105u

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I literally sent that article, his response was he confirmed its 8/15. Not sure if he's trying to let some other orders get ahead of me, like roll over from 22. But if they're doing something like that they need to just tell me and not make it out like I'm stupid.

Texas is an "at will employment" state. If the boss says it's 8/15 there, it's 8/15 and his job isn't worth it.
I agree here. One car sale isn't worth his job, and I wouldn't push him to break that. But I hate for him to lose out on a sale simply because somebody didn't look something up.

Sponsored

Hot Runr Guy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Edge SEL, 2024 Lariat AWD BAP 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Since we don't know what time on 8/2 the WBDO system will go live, why not just plan a visit on 8/3 and see if he can enter an order? My Sales Rep, when I was there last Saturday, tried to enter an order, but it would not accept the body code. So it's not like a difficult endeavour to try.

HRG

Timaysz

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford explorer sport trac
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I literally sent that article, his response was he confirmed its 8/15. Not sure if he's trying to let some other orders get ahead of me, like roll over from 22. But if they're doing something like that they need to just tell me and not make it out like I'm stupid.

I agree here. One car sale isn't worth his job, and I wouldn't push him to break that. But I hate for him to lose out on a sale simply because somebody didn't look something up.
I don't think it would be that the salesman are trying to let the 22 carry over orders to 23 to be placed before you...
My salesman is the manager of the dealership that I went to (I was a referred customer to him from a business owner ) is I can go place my new order for a 23 and since I'll be a carry over 22 that will get the private offer for the price.. That I can place the order let's say 4 days after they start taking new 23 orders.. That the 22 reorders to a 23 are still ahead of the new 23 orders....
So let's say their is ( just spit balling here 20k-40k) carry over 22 to 23 orders. any new 23 orders are technically behind them.. Will some 23 new orders get scheduled before.. I'm sure do to constraint and allocations.. But in general even if ur placing a new 23 order the first day their is still going to be alot of unscheduled orders ahead of them already..

OP
OP
gte105u

gte105u

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have diverted a bit from my original question. To get back there, how is the 8/2 officially distributed to dealers? Surely it's not articles with anonimous sources and message board posts.

Aza

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

volksnuts

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I have diverted a bit from my original question. To get back there, how is the 8/2 officially distributed to dealers? Surely it's not articles with anonimous sources and message board posts.
Just go to Tommie Vaughn
Andy knows what he’s doing

Sponsored

Alj23

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Toyota 4Runner
I spoke with a salesman at my local Ford today, and when I told him I wanted to put in an order on 8/2, he told me the order banks open up on 8/15. When I told him I was pretty confident it's 8/2, he told me 8/15 is what he was getting from his boss. So exactly the same situation as you.

We set an appointment for 8/1 to get an order put together, and I told him I'd be there on 8/2 as well to make sure my order goes into the system. He told me he was gonna be off that day lol.

OP
OP
gte105u

gte105u

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just go to Tommie Vaughn
Andy knows what he’s doing
I may need to move to a dealer that is more knowledgeable. But Luis called me and said there was a truck he knew I wasn't going to buy available to test drive just because he knew I was looking to drive one. Then he was super honest and open about the process, fees, the wait, etc.he deserves a shot he worked for it.

It just blows the mind that while the date is "set" there is notjing that officially is setting it a week and a half out. But maybe I shouldn't be surprised...

BlueSpec1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 XLT 2.5L, 22 Escape Plug In, 23 Bolt EUV
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Big Star in Pearland sent me an email on 7-14 that said Maverick order bank opening soon.
"Next week, Ford will start accepting new orders for the F-150 and the Ranger, and the order bank for the Maverick, Explorer, and best-selling Bronco Sport will open shortly thereafter."

I spoke with general sales manager. He said 8-2 when I said I wanted to order a Maverick.
He had me stop by same day to print out a 2022 build with trim, options & take my info they could use to enter when it opens.

volksnuts

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I may need to move to a dealer that is more knowledgeable. But Luis called me and said there was a truck he knew I wasn't going to buy available to test drive just because he knew I was looking to drive one. Then he was super honest and open about the process, fees, the wait, etc.he deserves a shot he worked for it.

It just blows the mind that while the date is "set" there is notjing that officially is setting it a week and a half out. But maybe I shouldn't be surprised...
Ok think about it this way…. If he’s wrong about this, what other things could he be wrong about?
I understand wanting to give him a shot but I would rather deal with someone that can make sure my order is sent in correctly and doesn’t stick to bad info

It’s your order so go with the place you feel comfortable with

Helfman and Gullo in Conroe are also good places

skadizzle

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat BAP
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs