Sponsored

How does the Hybrid Maverick 2.5 compare to 2019 Accord 2.0 hybrid?

MysticRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford C-Max
Most likely you are correct.

That was back in 55 mph time.

We always joked who drives this slow? Although once the Prius came out it became apparent:)
LOL, yeah, I remember those same conversations from seeing the old EPA estimates on the Munroney labels, nobody ever got those advertised numbers. Those labels are much more accurate now though due to those testing changes.

Prius (Pious) drivers smelling their own farts were one of the key reasons I really started hated driving CA hwys, those virtue-signaling arseholes would just clog the fast lanes with their ~120HP turds. I don't mind the things as machines, it's the idiots that drive them trying to save the world by clogging the roads.
I bought the C-Max with its ~188HP just so I could merge and not get killed, mileage be damned.
Sponsored

olderbudwiser

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lincoln Corsair, 2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
LOL, yeah, I remember those same conversations from seeing the old EPA estimates on the Munroney labels, nobody ever got those advertised numbers. Those labels are much more accurate now though due to those testing changes.

Prius (Pious) drivers smelling their own farts were one of the key reasons I really started hated driving CA hwys, those virtue-signaling arseholes would just clog the fast lanes with their ~120HP turds. I don't mind the things as machines, it's the idiots that drive them trying to save the world by clogging the roads.
I bought the C-Max with its ~188HP just so I could merge and not get killed, mileage be damned.
Agree, if you want the maximum fuel economy please just stay in the right lane.

2517X

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Ridgeline
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I tried to find a description of the hybrid technology in the 2019 Accord, to avail. I know the new CR-V has a unique hybrid drivetrain layout, but my understanding is it's new. Do you have anything?

I've tracked the "dash" mileage against what the gas pump says. I see the dash reading 5% high.

Two things.

NORMAL mode is default. No one uses ECO mode until they remember to hit the button.

My memory is variable, but my mileage is consistently good, regardless the mode, NORMAL vs. ECO. The only thing I can sense is a change in regen sensitivity, roughly doubling the off-throttle braking force from 0.2x speed to 0.4x speed. (My 2020 Escape has digital readouts.)

At this time, I'm getting tanks over 50 mpg, and I blame it on reduced RR from tires with barely legal tread on them. At tires wear, the tread gets thinner and bends easier. These are very close to end-of-life, and I've already got the replacements, just waiting for the first frost.
Big trucks w/Diesel engines have Jake brakes, or engine brakes, that can be off or on and sometimes a choice of low or high braking. They don't regen anything, just saves on brake wear. Sounds like NORMAL is low and ECO is high on the Maverick, would be mice if there was an off option too.

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
As I stated in my other thread my primary reasons to buy the Maverick are that it fits in my garage, hauls my dogs, is flat towable behind our MH and occasionally I need a truck to haul stuff I do not want to haul in the car. The mileage is just a bonus.
Well, unfortunately it's not like there is a wealth of choices for small hybrid pickups. It's great they are even offering this as a hybrid at this price point.

If they offered AWD hybrid with more torque than the ecoboost it would be amazing. Not sure what it would cost though.

fbov

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Escape Hybrid
My wife has that damn digital right foot
I use Dick Turner's suggestion to pretend there's an egg on top of each pedal. See if she can stop making scrambled eggs.
Co. Of drag shouldn’t matter that much at speeds below 25 miles per an hour i.e. city driving& Rolling resistance of tires will have greater impact at slower speeds.
Absolutely true. I see RR as the "distance penalty" and drag as the "time penalty."
I seem to remember reading years ago that the EPA wanted more "real-world" results to reflect what most drivers were seeing,
https://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/fe_test_schedules.shtml
CityHighwayHigh SpeedA/CCold
Temp
Test Cycle AttributesTest Cycle
Trip TypeLow speeds in stop-and-go urban trafficFree-flow traffic at highway speedsHigher speeds; harder acceleration & brakingA/C use under hot ambient conditionsCity test w/ colder outside temp.
Top Speed56 mph60 mph80 mph54.8 mph56 mph
Average Speed21.2 mph48.3 mph48.4 mph21.2 mph21.2 mph
Max. Acceleration3.3 mph/sec3.2 mph/sec8.46 mph/sec5.1 mph/sec3.3 mph/sec
Simulated Distance11 mi.10.3 mi.8 mi.3.6 mi.11 mi.
Time31.2 min.12.75 min.9.9 min.9.9 min.31.2 min.
Stops23None4523
Idling time18% of timeNone7% of time19% of time18% of time
Engine Startup*ColdWarmWarmWarmCold
Lab temperature68ºF–86ºF95ºF20ºF
Vehicle air conditioningOffOffOffOnOff
Vehicle heaterOffOffOffOffOn
* A vehicle's engine doesn't reach maximum fuel efficiency until it is warm.

Big trucks w/Diesel engines have Jake brakes, or engine brakes,
As did the previous generation C-Max. It kicks in when using Hill Assist once the HVB is full, and it also was very loud. My Escape doesn't do it under the same conditions, preferring what behaves like a resistive load. Maverick could go either way.

Delbert

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Forester, honda Accord Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
We are on our second Accord Hybrid. Mileage is in the 40± range. The eco mode detunes the a\c so eco mode does not get used much. It has simulated engine noise which I detest. The fuel economy is game changing for us. We drive more.

We chose it because of the eCVT and all of it's advantages. I have to say it delivers power nicely. There have never been any drive train issues. The only problems have been related to electronics.
Sponsored