Sponsored

How did you first hear about the Ford Maverick?

IdahoDirtFarmer

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 ordered '23 XLT, Eco, AWD, FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I was occasionally thinking about a bare bones Tacoma for mileage. I was on a Facebook group for old farm equipment and a guy shared a pic of what he had bought in the back of an Area 51 Maverick. I asked about his pickup and he obliged with some answers. Started doing some research and it fit the bill way better than a stripped down Tacoma and here I am.
Sponsored

JP4AZ

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Hybrid MAV, 04 Dakota 4x4, 02 Lexus, 03 V-Rod +
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I was at the Barrett Jackson Car Auction in Scottsdale and walked through the Ford Display. There it was, the new tiny 4 door (Car, Truck, SUV)all in one package. I had my Dakota and didn't think much of the Mavrick. I was more interested in the Bronco at the time. The Maverick stuck in my mind and a few months later I thought I would look closer at it due to rising gas prices. Unfortunately, Just in time for the order banks to be closed (SOL). Then the wait began, till September to order a MY23, which I decided to order 2 Hybrids (XL & XLT). It feels like I have been waiting a year even though my orders were placed 5 months ago. I feel for all the folks that have been waiting much longer. Keep the faith! This craziness will end soon, I hope! Best of luck to all.

GPSMan

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I walked onto a lot in Mid-September 2022 during my lunch hour. It was 4 days before the 2023 order banks opened and the dealer was anxious to get rid of the old model year to make room for the 2023's. Got a deep discount and drove it home. Was not expecting to get a truck when I woke up that fateful September morning.

GPSMan

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

(The deep discount was a drop from $42k on a loaded XLT to $32k on a loaded XLT. Still a discount all things considered.). 😎

GPSMan

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Look for unsold 2022's.
Prices are falling now that 2023's are out. Good luck.

Ford Maverick How did you first hear about the Ford Maverick? F22D7229-9E9B-4886-B1D4-8BC035AB4022

Sponsored

Chicolini

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150s, Mustang GT Convertible, Mazda B3000
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I saw it on the internet in August 2021. Production was scheduled to start in late 2021. Showed the clip to the wife. The next day she told me she had placed a reservation at the Ford dealer. We didn't need a new truck, but the maverick was so cool.

crgator

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I wanted a small pickup (I've had a couple of Nissan hardbodies in the past), and saw that Hyundai had the Santa Cruz. At the time I was on my second Hyundai Tucson and liked them both, so I thought I'd get a Cruz. But, studying up on it, I saw articles about its competitor, the Ford Maverick. Hadn't heard or seen anything about it prior, but it didn't take long for me the change my mind from SC to MAV. I'm on my second one now. The first was an ECO, now I've got a hybrid.

Kevin DeLuca

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 Thunderbird, 02 Dodge Dakota 74 Corvette
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
How did you guys end up hearing about the ford maverick?

ill go first i was on vacation and I was scrolling through tiktok and seen a add for it. I started doing my research and ordered the next day 20 mins before I got on my flight
I saw something on Google the day before order banks closed in January of 2022.Had to wait till order bank opened in September of 22. Reordered in July of 23. Still waiting

Exranger

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 EB FX4 4K Tow LAR LUX Area 51 RCVD 4/27/23
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Had my 2004 F-150 natural gas 7700 with 80,000 miles. Bought at auction in 2017 for $3500. Did everything I needed or wanted. Very cheap to drive, gas was $1.50 per gallon! For 5 years, no change. Then in December 2021, went to fill up and it was $5.28 per gallon! Fill in blank for your own reason why, I have mine.

Started looking and all I found was $10k trucks selling for $30k with 175000 miles. I saw the Mav on utube around June 22, and started jonesing for one every day. Watched 1000 videos about it and found MTC and joined. Finally found someone who would order one with only $500 ADM, lowest I could find. Ordered sept 22, and recvd 4/27/23. Very happy so far and enjoying it’s uniqueness.

Ford Maverick How did you first hear about the Ford Maverick? F9246BD8-98C5-4C96-AE7A-B666DD3BD704

Ford Maverick How did you first hear about the Ford Maverick? 956CDE58-3031-4CAB-B4EA-A761B099AF6A

Sponsored

NedF

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Was a '23 now a '24 Lariat Lux
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I was hitting all of the lots looking to find my next vehicle. I never seriously considered a truck because I like driving something that fits in a parking spot easily. I had hit all of the lots in the auto mall and moved to another one to catch the last few companies. Ford was the last lot. I was getting close to leaving when the salesman asked me if I had considered a small truck. He opened up the plain jane XL he had on the lot and I liked the feel. Then he flipped open the 3 fold tonneau cover and I was intrigued. He handed me a copy of a window sticker of one that was coming and had been abandoned by the person who ordered it but I hesitated a little to long and by the next day that one was gone so I decide to order what I wanted and wait. He told me it would be close to a year and that most likely I would have to order a '24 so here I am waiting... I sent him a text today (mostly to make sure that 1- he still works there and 2- he knows I am still waiting for it). He told me they have a lot of allocation left and was expecting some more build confirmations next week (this is Canada so maybe the the scheduling is delayed until after the US schedule is set.)?

Automan21

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Subaru WRX
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Saw it on the road and fell in love with the looks

Grand Nat.

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Stingray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Same here. I waited so long for my Maverick I forgot.

Jeff D.

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Maverick Lariat & Jeep Renegade
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My wife and I sold our 29ft camper and I really didn't need a 3/4 ton truck anymore. My wife said I should downsize. My sister and BIL bought a brand new Ford Ranger that was decked out pretty well, options wise, and they came over with it to show us. I was impressed.

I saw the TV ads for the Maverick, heard about the excellent in town fuel mileage, talked to some friends who were also optimistic about the Maverick, so though that was the way I wanted to go.

When I went to the dealer to order I found out the hybrid was not an option with AWD. I was disappointed, but felt I could live with the EB's fuel mileage as it was still much better than I'd been accustomed to.

I have learnd a great deal more about the Maverick after joining this site. I believe I would have still ordered the truck, but might've spec'd it slightly differently had I known beforehand what I have learned here.

I think I might've ordered the Tremor IF I could've still had a hitch. Maybe that is an option? The trailers I pull aren't big enough to require brakes, so I think I would've been ok and not needed the 4K. And tow hooks on the front. I had them on my Rams and have used them to pull others out and get pulled out when stuck in the snow. I will miss them.
Sponsored

Last edited: