Sponsored

How cool do those in the back seat stay with the AC on?

iwanttruck

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a Maverick unfortunately
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My only worry about the Mav is when I have kids in the backseat and it's 110 out... and the only vents pumping out cold air are in the front. Has anyone experience with this from the summer?
Sponsored

Poizon_iv_19

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC
My only worry about the Mav is when I have kids in the backseat and it's 110 out... and the only vents pumping out cold air are in the front. Has anyone experience with this from the summer?
You just have to make do with the middle two vents pointed directly towards the middle and circulating air that way. Itā€™s not terrible but in direct sun right up against the window you might need a little roll up sun shade or darker tint on the window. The air flow isnā€™t like an suv with rear air by any means but itā€™s no worse than a car honestly. Iā€™ve ridden my sonā€™s eco boost XL quite a few times. On the side, because the middle has a small hump I find uncomfortable.

RAIN

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Lariat hybrid Atlas šŸ’™,22 Explorer Atlas šŸ’™
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

There is a vent under both of the front seats that blows air to the back as well.

OP
OP
iwanttruck

iwanttruck

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a Maverick unfortunately
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Didnt know that, better than I anticipated.

Sponsored

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ford does A/C better than anyone. My Saturn never got "cool" until we were halfway home; my wife's Escape gets cool before we pull out of the parking lot. And I live in central Alabama which means it has to fight humidity.

I think backseat passengers will be fine.

dcs12345

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Chevy
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I remember growing up riding in the back of extended cab. A lot of them didnā€™t have vents or if they did, they didnā€™t blow much. We were fine.ā€¦ I bet it isnā€™t too bad.

brnpttmn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yup. According to our kids, it's WAY better than our jetta.
Same with my old corolla. Better circulation, tinted back windows, and vertical rear window that's not as much of a solar gain than the angled back window in the corolla make the temperature delta between front and back seats much less. In the hot summer sun, it's fine just keeping the auto ac at low fan / 70 degrees with the middle vents blowing down the middle.

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If you put your AC on MaxAC it will create a wind tunnel that will blow you out of your seats. AC is not a problem in the Maverick
Did 325 miles last July 105Ā°F 72-73 temp settings no one in back seats fan speed 3. Had no problems at 75mph into strong 25+mph head wind. Working ice hard mpg was 30.4 hybrid. FYI if on MAX AC ice will be on 100% of time, freeze your tutu and chatter your teeth. Never timed it but getting into hot cab in full sun for 2-3 hours AC will bring temp down to comfort level in way less than five minutes. I may put thermometer in rear seat and put display into dash cubbyšŸ¤—

Sponsored

jsus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid AWD šŸ˜‰
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
They'll stay just as cool as they were when they got in the vehicle. The vehicle will not make them any more or less cool. šŸ˜Ž

Ohhh, you meant the other type of cool...

WesM

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I come from a big family that drove around a 15 passenger van with some of the worst AC (and sometimes none) in the world... your kids will be fine.

also the MAV AC is amazingly good.

MesaMav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Ford F-150 FX4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
First world problem? Ha

14mustangNJ

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT FX4, 2014 Ford Mustang
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Itā€™s perfect for my 3 year old, he has no problems in my truck and actually gets cold easily with the AC on. Doesnā€™t matter if his car seat is in the middle or on an end either. Sleeps great in the Maverick too which is nice for trips.

Itā€™s a struggle to keep him cool in a 4Runner we have and that has rear facing AC vents in the center console along with floor ventilation too.

hdrider02

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Lariat has rear seat vents that xl and xlt don't have.
Sponsored