bioned

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Seeing the first wave of MY23 being scheduled, great! Only a little butthurt that I'm not one of them even though I have a barebone XLT hybrid.

Hitch is one item I included in my truck. How constraint is it? Debating if I should just take it off as the only reason I decided on it was for the resell value in the way way future. Not planning to do anything hauling.

Is it something that's going to hold my truck back a lot?
Sponsored

RockHoundTX

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 F350
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
As someone who has been waiting over a year and still no VIN for for a bare-bones hybrid XL with hitch, it REALLY pisses me off that those new to the game already have VINS. AAAUGH.

That being said, the hitch is absolutely the last thing you should take off. Removing it now will cost you about $400 in the back-end (for frame attached hitch plus wiring).

Xbbqpitmaster

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Kia Seltos S
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I heard that it wasn’t, then it was. Your guess is as good as mine. I too had it as an add on, but took it off hoping that maybe I can get my order this time, as my 22 order never got a VIN, nor anything other than my order confirmation from Ford.

Milqueman

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Kia Sportage Hybrid, 2013 Hyundai Elantra
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Reactions: HTX

bearsfan647

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EBike - Future Ford Maverick!
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
No, there were multiple hybrid with hitch scheduled

Sponsored

2022 pushed behind 2023's

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
How constraint is it?
There are no constraints.

Ford put 16 month old bare orders (with My2022 VINS) behind fresh Hybrid Lariat Lux orders.

This is all about allocations, nothing to do with constraints or Hybrids.

Ford lost a LOT of money last quarter. They cancelled low margin builds so they could build higher ones 100%.

OP
OP

bioned

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
As someone who has been waiting over a year and still no VIN for for a bare-bones hybrid XL with hitch, it REALLY pisses me off that those new to the game already have VINS. AAAUGH.

That being said, the hitch is absolutely the last thing you should take off. Removing it now will cost you about $400 in the back-end (for frame attached hitch plus wiring).
I heard that it wasn’t, then it was. Your guess is as good as mine. I too had it as an add on, but took it off hoping that maybe I can get my order this time, as my 22 order never got a VIN, nor anything other than my order confirmation from Ford.
I recall seeing a post here some time saying the hitch was a constraint item? or was it the hitch receiver? Is that even offered?

Anyway, I don't see anything official on it, but rumor from this forum tend to be right soo...

OP
OP

bioned

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

$400??? damn okay i might keep it then, but if it makes the wait longer... is it worth it?

OP
OP

bioned

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Ford put 16 month old bare orders (with My2022 VINS) behind fresh Hybrid Lariat Lux orders.

Ford lost a LOT of money last quarter. They cancelled low margin builds so they could build higher ones 100%.
yeah but there are a lot of barebones scheduled

Sponsored

Impetus19

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mazda 3, 1979 CJ5 360 3spd, 2015 prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
yeah but there are a lot of barebones scheduled
Are there? i saw alot of Lariats, XLT's, and Tremors with build dates.

rclee

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT Maverick Lux,A51,Hybrid,Rear Slider.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

KEEP THE HITCH, you can't beat it for 100.00. Last I checked there are no 'chips' in a hitch, so should not hold you up. Just my opinion.

Man you can't have a truck without a hitch :)

Milqueman

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Kia Sportage Hybrid, 2013 Hyundai Elantra
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

I believe that "Constraint" just means that the supply chain issue is delaying builds on vehicles with constraints, not that they're impossible to build. When Ford has enough parts to build a truck with constraints, they build them. When they run out of those parts, they build more vehicles that don't have constraints. Then when more parts come in, they schedule more constrained build again.

A constraint just means your vehicle could take longer to build, but you may get lucky and have it built sooner, if they have the parts and your number is drawn.

Scheduling is based off of market region / dealer allocations AND constraints. This is quoted from Ford webpage:

https://www.ford.com/support/how-tos/owner-resources/sales-support/2023-maverick-retail-order-faqs/

How does the dealer’s vehicle allocation affect my vehicle’s order scheduling?

Both individual dealer allocation and available supply chain commodities play a significant role in our ability to schedule customer retail orders. All 2023 MY Maverick retail orders will be scheduled based on the following criteria:

• Dealer allocation – Number of Mavericks the customer’s Ford dealer receives
  • Commodities – Part supply availability
Why your vehicle never got scheduled is beyond me. But I do know that, like it or not, all MY22 rollovers DO NOT get priority, they have been mixed in line with everyone else's MY23 orders.

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
$400??? damn okay i might keep it then, but if it makes the wait longer... is it worth it?
The $400 +/- is for the hitch only from Ford dealer and does not include the harness nor the installation for both. Just a guess but maybe $800+!
Sponsored