First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 R6, HPR Maverick AWD 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Now that it’s getting colder up north, how the heater? More importantly, WHERE does the heat blow? I find a lot of vehicles direct the heat more towards my shins, vs my feet when I drive. Where does the maverick direct the air to?
Sponsored

optikinescant

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Lariat AWD FX4, Kia Niro EV
Have had to use the heater a handful of times in our Lariat and it's worked great. I honestly haven't noticed where the footwell area is coming from. I'll check on our trip this afternoon and see what I notice. One related thing I noticed was the window defroster vents pointed at the doors tend to miss an inch or two of the door windows at the corners meeting the A-pillars. It's not a big deal, but a quirk for sure. Not bad enough to disrupt your view of the mirrors.

James St. Patrick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD MAVERICK Velocity Blue Ecoboost AWD
It is getting colder in MD and I use the heated steering wheel and seats every morning. I have probably used the heat maybe x2 to knock the chill off in the cab. The heat traveled to my feet and head as selected.

sickser66

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
The mornings here in central Wa. are getting pretty cold so I like to start the truck with the Pass app before I leave. I’ve noticed the truck won’t warm past the first engine temp marker until I drive it for a few miles. 5 minutes, 10 minutes, 15 minutes.. Doesn’t seem to make much of a difference, so the interior isn’t warm at all until, like I said, I drive for a while.
Now, that’s just in the mornings when it’s been sitting in the cold for many hours. Later in the day, say if I let it cool down for an hour or two, the engine temp comes up pretty quick. But either way, once the engine is warm, the heater works very well. I really like the layout of the vents. The dash vents work great, unlike the ones in my ‘17 Escape. The defrost and side window vents work really well, as do the floor vents. I don’t know exactly where the floor vents blow from or to, but I know they work well enough that I haven’t had to look.
Anyway, that’s my take on the heater.

Sponsored

Clarkdonbran

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

The lack of rear console vents are a bummer tbh
There is one under each front seat for the back. Would be better in the console, but they should help some.

chips46

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2l 2022 ford maverick lariat lux fx4 tow 4x4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

JamesC

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Mustang GT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The mornings here in central Wa. are getting pretty cold so I like to start the truck with the Pass app before I leave. I’ve noticed the truck won’t warm past the first engine temp marker until I drive it for a few miles. 5 minutes, 10 minutes, 15 minutes.. Doesn’t seem to make much of a difference, so the interior isn’t warm at all until, like I said, I drive for a while.
Now, that’s just in the mornings when it’s been sitting in the cold for many hours. Later in the day, say if I let it cool down for an hour or two, the engine temp comes up pretty quick. But either way, once the engine is warm, the heater works very well. I really like the layout of the vents. The dash vents work great, unlike the ones in my ‘17 Escape. The defrost and side window vents work really well, as do the floor vents. I don’t know exactly where the floor vents blow from or to, but I know they work well enough that I haven’t had to look.
Anyway, that’s my take on the heater.
That’s disappointing, are you able to leave the heat on a high setting for remote start? I think I read it defaults to 70 degrees which you’d think would heat the cabin up.

Billy

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Jeep Wrangler TJ, 53 Dodge M37
I live in Wisconsin. My DD for years has been a Jeep Wrangler. No AC. I take the doors off for the summer. I put them back on about a month ago as the mornings were getting kind of frosty. The heater hasn't worked for years. I'm 78. When I get old(er), maybe I'll feel the need for heated seats, steering wheel, mirrors, cup holders, etc. My wife can't drive my stick shift Jeep. So I thought that the Maverick would be a good vehicle for her and the dogs. And I'm sure that I'll be driving it some also.

Sponsored

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Drove a Lariat a couple weeks ago- Had no problem getting the interior warm in 5 minutes- About 48 and raining...

clavicus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Since temperature is automatic, if you start it cold and have it set to, say, 70 degrees, then does it kick the heat to super-max initially until it reaches the desired temp and then calm down to keep it steady?

staryoshi

First Name
SJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Chevrolet Colorado
Rear seat heat comes from vents under the front seats.
Yep, this I know. It's less of a big deal with heat than with AC imo, but still a bummer.

JKinPA

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Mountaineer
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Heat works great and pretty quick, I have it set at 80 for the morning and it gets toasty fast. Heated seats and steering wheel get warm, very warm quick. Loving my truck
Sponsored