Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Area 51 Hybrid FE, 2014 Impala
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Only 2 days in and absolutely love coming out to this view in the morning

1677866925180.png
Yep - that's a looker all right. I'd be getting up early just to walk around it, staring at it from different angles before heading off to work...
Sponsored

BoricuaBeautyx

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tatiana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm not trying to take over this thread, but snapped a few pics over the weekend and just had to post here.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg
What tires are those? They look sick!

E30andrew

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 XLT FX4 EB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Sponsored

E30andrew

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 XLT FX4 EB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I purchased the Maverick because I needed a small, economical vehicle for family road trips and towing a small utility trailer and teardrop camper. The Maverick fit the bill but would need a cap to give me the covered space. Not many were available so it's probably a good thing it took over a year to get the truck in. The BedRug was added to give the bed a more finished look and feel with the cap but still be durable enough for truck work. It held up well in the time it was in before the cap went on.

I purchased the cap through a Ranch dealer and had them install the BedRug too since I didn't want to attempt that in January. It's a Ranch Skyline and I like it so far. The gap at the cab is more than I'd like but it seems unavoidable on a unibody. After a week I hardly notice or care anymore. I went with a textured matte black to match the black plastic trim as best I could and because I was told they couldn't gurantee a match to the tri-color paint. I think I like the black better now that I have it anyway.

Here's the details:
Ranch Skyline cap (installed) - $2,606
Textured matte black finish - no cost due to promotion but I think it was maybe $150 extra
Drop down front slider - $100
Side windoors (no vents) - $428
LED battery lights - $40 (first was included and I purchased a second for $40)
Headliner - $136 (no charge for this one due to the promotion as well)
Clothes hangers (4) - $144
Yakima roof tracks only - $177
BedRug install - $100
Total $3909

It certainly was expensive but they all are and I wanted some options so it is what it is. The mid-rise was chosen to maximize storage and ensure the doors opened above my eyeline which they do (I'm 5'11"). I wanted side access so I went with windoors but no vents since I won't be camping or transporting pets. I chose the battery lights over wired in since they were cheaper and won't drain the truck battery if I left them on. The headliner was to make it look nice and I hear the raw fiberglass can be rough and sharp. The clothes hangers were just to have 4 factory ceiling points to hook to if needed. Given the size of the cap I don't know that I needed 4 but, at this point, what's another 100 bucks. The roof tracks were just for future proofing since I don't know if I'll need anything up there or not but, again, better to just pay for it now and be done with it.

I'll post some pictures below. Let me know if you have any questions. Cap info was hard to come by when I was looking so I wanted this out there to help out anyone else considering one.

Ford Maverick HOT PEPPER RED Maverick Photos / Club Front

Ford Maverick HOT PEPPER RED Maverick Photos / Club Rear

Ford Maverick HOT PEPPER RED Maverick Photos / Club Doors_open

Ford Maverick HOT PEPPER RED Maverick Photos / Club Inside

The truck handled 12 sheets of drywall with no problem and the cap held in the insulation just fine with the doors closed
Ford Maverick HOT PEPPER RED Maverick Photos / Club Cargo

This is how I supported the drywall (first load was before the cap went on)
Ford Maverick HOT PEPPER RED Maverick Photos / Club Platform

Sponsored

MeanStreak6

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brooks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Ford Ranger / 23 MY on Order
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Since 2014, all I’ve owned was my 99 Ranger with a single cab. I bought it off a farmer who was retiring with 66k original miles. It seemed he got ripped off by some paint/repair shops before selling it, but for me as a junior in high school at the time, it was perfect for what I needed.

Fast forward almost 10 years to the Ranger with 190k miles, and now I’m married, a homeowner, and in need of an upgrade. The Maverick is exactly what I needed at the right time. It’s everything I could’ve asked for and more. Shoutout to Norris Ford in Baltimore for making my ordering process as smooth and streamlined as possible.

Ford Maverick HOT PEPPER RED Maverick Photos / Club 04835704-8A94-4050-9497-A07EF2E0D780

The Flush

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Maverick Hybrid Lariat Area 51
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Almost a week old now.