Sponsored

Hoping my salesman didn't just screw me..

Derek's Maverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Oct. 2021 Hybrid order. Scheduled for production, cancelled, and pushed to 2023. You all know the story. Followed all of forums, videos, and advice from Ford Video Guy and everyone else. Contacted my dealer (how difficult that was) and told him about my 22 vin being cancelled and pushed to a 23. Didn't have a clue what I was talking about but also told him my priority code would be set at 99 until I updated it. Changed my color from VB to Atlas Blue. He told me my priority code was 10 and I was all set. After not receiving an email on Dec. 1st I thought I should check with Ford CS and confirm my priority code. Yep, still at 99. After spending hours trying to get ahold of him again, (obviously he knew he screwed up and changed it) he told me it was at 10 now and that was the highest he could set it. I told him I already knew that.

Question- Will Ford still change my priority code from 10 to 2 since it's after the 11/30 deadline? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored

BradnChristine

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU; 2019 MX-5; 2023 & 2024 Mavericks
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Oct. 2021 Hybrid order. Scheduled for production, cancelled, and pushed to 2023. You all know the story. Followed all of forums, videos, and advice from Ford Video Guy and everyone else. Contacted my dealer (how difficult that was) and told him about my 22 vin being cancelled and pushed to a 23. Didn't have a clue what I was talking about but also told him my priority code would be set at 99 until I updated it. Changed my color from VB to Atlas Blue. He told me my priority code was 10 and I was all set. After not receiving an email on Dec. 1st I thought I should check with Ford CS and confirm my priority code. Yep, still at 99. After spending hours trying to get ahold of him again, (obviously he knew he screwed up and changed it) he told me it was at 10 now and that was the highest he could set it. I told him I already knew that.

Question- Will Ford still change my priority code from 10 to 2 since it's after the 11/30 deadline? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I think there were more than a few ignorant dealers who couldn't follow Ford's simple instructions (hope Ford learned a lesson) and although round one of VIN/Build weeks passed on 12/1, I would hope Ford would support their customers who were held hostage to dealers' incompetence and deal with the remaining PC 99 orders...and those cancelled 22 orders where the dealer changed the order codes despite being clearly instructed not to.

I'm angry for all of you. I had to make several trips to make sure everything was happening with my dealer as @fordvideoguy clearly described, complete with Ford memos. It shouldn't have been that hard, but it all was.

PlantMan

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F-250 4WD crew 8' bed; 2022 Maverick XL AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This is exactly why buyers ordering a vehicle these days should deal with a dealer's internet sales manager, not a regular salesman. Regular salesmen are still trying to eek out a living selling what's on the lot. I sure wish my dealer would get rid of all their salesmen except for a couple and hire a couple more internet sales managers to supplement the one they have. Eventually they will learn.

Godzilla

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Tucson
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

They have mine at priority 10 also. My dealer won’t do shit for me to get it to a 02 where it belongs. The dealer sucks….Ford sucks!

Sponsored

OP
OP
Derek's Maverick

Derek's Maverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
They have mine at priority 10 also. My dealer won’t do shit for me to get it to a 02 where it belongs. The dealer sucks….Ford sucks!
We've come so far just to lose in overtime. I feel for you man. They both deserve a big L.

Godzilla

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Tucson
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
We've come so far just to lose in overtime. I feel for you man. They both deserve a big L.
Yes 14 month shot in the ass! When you are 69 it really sucks!

OP
OP
Derek's Maverick

Derek's Maverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think there were more than a few ignorant dealers who couldn't follow Ford's simple instructions (hope Ford learned a lesson) and although round one of VIN/Build weeks passed on 12/1, I would hope Ford would support their customers who were held hostage to dealers' incompetence and deal with the remaining PC 99 orders...and those cancelled 22 orders where the dealer changed the order codes despite being clearly instructed not to.

I'm angry for all of you. I had to make several trips to make sure everything was happening with my dealer as @fordvideoguy clearly described, complete with Ford memos. It shouldn't have been that hard, but it all was.
This whole experience has really soured the new car buying experience for me. I have spent so much time educating myself because I know my salesman does not care one bit if I get the truck or not or about providing one ounce of customer service. I have had to do his job for him. I laid everything out for him to do and even then he couldn't do it. I'm just really kicking myself for not driving the 2 hours to make sure he actually did what he said. Not sure what to do next. Fiance hit a deer with her brand new Kia K5. Now we are borrowing a car that is hanging on. Might be the next one to give up and buy something else.

OP
OP
Derek's Maverick

Derek's Maverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This is exactly why buyers ordering a vehicle these days should deal with a dealer's internet sales manager, not a regular salesman. Regular salesmen are still trying to eek out a living selling what's on the lot. I sure wish my dealer would get rid of all their salesmen except for a couple and hire a couple more internet sales managers to supplement the one they have. Eventually they will learn.
I would personally rather deal only with Ford. I order the truck directly from them. Pay them directly when it comes in. They send me all the paperwork and I pick it up at the dealership. No worries about being screwed over. Not like Ford is perfect but you should really meet my salesman.

DrDoom

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HPR XLT and Cyber Orange XLT 2022 Ford Mavericks
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think we all have met your salesman. He is all the salesman we have dealt with over the last 2 years of trying to get a Maverick and I've had 2 Mavericks and the trucks are great but the incompetence is not.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Derek's Maverick

Derek's Maverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think we all have met your salesman. He is all the salesman we have dealt with over the last 2 years of trying to get a Maverick and I've had 2 Mavericks and the trucks are great but the incompetence is not.
Why work in customer service for a Ford dealership if you don't know/care about Ford products and put absolutely no effort into customer service! There are other jobs out there.

Catocene

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus ES300
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The same thing happened with my conversion order, except my dealer won't do anything about it, it's still sitting at 99. I'm glad to see yours at least changed it to 10. I'm curious to see what happens to your order so I know what to expect from mine if my dealer ever changes my code.

Godzilla

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Tucson
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The same thing happened with my conversion order, except my dealer won't do anything about it, it's still sitting at 99. I'm glad to see yours at least changed it to 10. I'm curious to see what happens to your order so I know what to expect from mine if my dealer ever changes my code.
Getting a 10 does you no good. Ford won’t recognize you as a scheduled rollover because they look at 02 s only! I’m with you guys. We fell through the cracks. Anybody out there have any ideas about who we can appeal to? It’s frustrating as hell!

Catocene

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus ES300
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Getting a 10 does you no good. Ford won’t recognize you as a scheduled rollover because they look at 02 s only! I’m with you guys. We fell through the cracks. Anybody out there have any ideas about who we can appeal to? It’s frustrating as hell!
Dealers can't set 02s, only Ford can, that means it's previewing for scheduling. 10 is the lowest a dealer can go.
Sponsored