Sponsored

Hood vibrations

Rodog800

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 blazer
Ok just drove out to Ohio this morning to get my FE. Been driving all day and have noticed the hood vibration near the windshield gets all over over 70...anyone else . Has anyone took to dealer , thoughts fixes...never have seen this on a car ever
Sponsored

Brian_J

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 R6, HPR Maverick AWD 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Check out the other post on this same issue for info on how ford fixed it on f series trucks

brnpttmn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Read the title to the tune of...

Headdead

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boxster S
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ok just drove out to Ohio this morning to get my FE. Been driving all day and have noticed the hood vibration near the windshield gets all over over 70...anyone else . Has anyone took to dealer , thoughts fixes...never have seen this on a car ever
Mine only has 200 miles on it, so I have only touched 70 mph for a short time, but I did not notice anything unusual (AWD, 2.0l). If mine develops a vibration I may try adding a local stiffening patch (Dynamat or something similar.) Check that the hinge bolts are still tight.
Update after 500 miles: no vibrations below 85 mph. Haven't looked higher. Yet.

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
Rodog800

Rodog800

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 blazer
Mine only has 200 miles on it, so I have only touched 70 mph for a short time, but I did not notice anything unusual (AWD, 2.0l). If mine develops a vibration I may try adding a local stiffening patch (Dynamat or something similar.) Check that the hinge bolts are still tight.
I will when we get home was the plan

pxpaulx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Anymore info than that have a link?
Mine is doing it absolutely. I do wonder if it is more noticeable depending on your vehicle color...

bgillen35

First Name
Brendan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Prius, '19 Indian FTR-S, '20 Mustang EcoBoost

bgillen35

First Name
Brendan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Prius, '19 Indian FTR-S, '20 Mustang EcoBoost
At least on the F-150s, it has to do with air pressure causing the hood to flutter, nothing to do with the hinges. According to that service bulletin, you need to adjust the latch tighter or put rubber hose under the front of the hood to create an air seal so no air gets under the hood.

Sponsored

pxpaulx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Interesting I have the lund bug shield installed yet 2 weeks ago o test rode my same build with no bug shield still a flutter in the hood...maybe the F150s issues is the same as this
Does that shield adhere to the hood, or is it more traditional where it has clips under the hood?

Hammer

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 VW GTI
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Mine is doing it absolutely. I do wonder if it is more noticeable depending on your vehicle color...
I test drove a Bronco Sport with the 2.0 EB back in January and I noticed the hood flutter on that vehicle during my drive. I ended up not purchasing the car ( I liked the driving qualities but thought the rear interior space was small, plus the dealer was adding $3k market price uplift for the new model ). I found the hood flutter to be annoying but forgot all about it until I started reading the MTC reports about it occurring on some of the new Mav’s. I hope there is a fix if it happens on my Mav.