First Name
Lucius
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Africa Twin Adventure Sports
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I've been in the the local dealership a couple of times. They acknowledge the hood flutter and sent me over to the body shop department. To this point, they've tightened the hinges on the hood. They said that the hinges were originally loose, but tightening them didn't eliminate the hood shake. The guy working with me said that if this were an older truck, they would shim the hinge, but being that it's new, Ford advises not making any structural changes.

At this point, they've escalated the issue to Ford Detroit and are awaiting guidance on a remedy. Yeah, they say that the air deflector could be contributing, but since the air deflector is also a Ford product, they want guidance. The word to me was that a response could be within three days or three months, depending on how much Ford hears from other dealerships about similar issues.

My thoughts are that this is at least documented and if something dramatic happens (ie. cracks developing in the paint on the hood, chips around the edges, hood flying off at high speeds, etc.)
Sponsored

damnclose

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Dodge Caravan, 2002 Chevy Silverado 4X4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've got plenty of shake from my hood. 40-60 mph is starts to lift smoothly. Above 60 mph and it's not smooth anymore. I've got the hood air deflector on my truck, so I wonder if that accentuates the matter. Reading from the 2nd post, that was part of the issue with the F-150.

Accumulating the issues before making the trip to the dealer for some warranty repairs. This and the back seat flop are the most annoying issues at this point. The hood shake could eventually become expensive and even dangerous, so it take precedence.

Video of Maverick Hood Above 60mph (sorry it's not cleaner - holding the phone with one hand)
Wow, thanks for the video definitely will be check mine if I ever get my Hybrid Maverick. Ford should be working on this at the factory.

OTACORB

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DAB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Oxford White Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My 2016 Chevy Colorado had this same issue. GM was never able to fix it at least that my dealer ever found out. I suspect there is a solution to reduce the shaking, but likely not stop it totally.

Spike

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I've had my Maverick a few weeks now and plenty of 80+ stretches on the fwy with no shake or flutter. I read about it before buying so I've been watching for it and am wondering if I'm an idiot and don't know what I'm watching for??? Only issue I've had is one time on a 2 lane I had a semi zip past me and in that case the hood close to the window shook violently but that's my only instance. Mine is just an XLT, no accessories on the hood of any kind.

SBB

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Shelby
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I've got plenty of shake from my hood. 40-60 mph is starts to lift smoothly. Above 60 mph and it's not smooth anymore. I've got the hood air deflector on my truck, so I wonder if that accentuates the matter. Reading from the 2nd post, that was part of the issue with the F-150.

Accumulating the issues before making the trip to the dealer for some warranty repairs. This and the back seat flop are the most annoying issues at this point. The hood shake could eventually become expensive and even dangerous, so it take precedence.

Video of Maverick Hood Above 60mph (sorry it's not cleaner - holding the phone with one hand)
Thursday morning 11/18 I had 2300 miles on the Maverick. At high speeds there was never any hood shake. I took it in for installation of accessories missing when I took delivery of the truck. One of those parts was the Aeroskin Hood Deflector. I like the way it looks. I picked it up Thursday afternoon and headed out on 400 mile trip. As soon as I hit the interstate set the cruise to 75. OMG, bad hood shake! Only difference was the Hood Deflector. I'm calling the Ford service guy Monday to see what they can do to stop it.
I'll let everyone know what they plan to do.

SBB

Sponsored

Arukoru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
I've been in the the local dealership a couple of times. They acknowledge the hood flutter and sent me over to the body shop department. To this point, they've tightened the hinges on the hood. They said that the hinges were originally loose, but tightening them didn't eliminate the hood shake. The guy working with me said that if this were an older truck, they would shim the hinge, but being that it's new, Ford advises not making any structural changes.

At this point, they've escalated the issue to Ford Detroit and are awaiting guidance on a remedy. Yeah, they say that the air deflector could be contributing, but since the air deflector is also a Ford product, they want guidance. The word to me was that a response could be within three days or three months, depending on how much Ford hears from other dealerships about similar issues.

My thoughts are that this is at least documented and if something dramatic happens (ie. cracks developing in the paint on the hood, chips around the edges, hood flying off at high speeds, etc.)
Hopefully your footwork and those like you will eventually culminate in my order getting delayed a week to apply the hood dampeners or whatever.

I'm morbidly jesting, I genuinely appreciate the early guys getting through the growing pains with Ford so I don't have to.

Enderet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Thursday morning 11/18 I had 2300 miles on the Maverick. At high speeds there was never any hood shake. I took it in for installation of accessories missing when I took delivery of the truck. One of those parts was the Aeroskin Hood Deflector. I like the way it looks. I picked it up Thursday afternoon and headed out on 400 mile trip. As soon as I hit the interstate set the cruise to 75. OMG, bad hood shake! Only difference was the Hood Deflector. I'm calling the Ford service guy Monday to see what they can do to stop it.
I'll let everyone know what they plan to do.

SBB
I have a similar story. I did not have any flutter for the first 400 miles. Installed the aeroskin hood deflector (the matte finish one) and now I have hood vibrations even at 40-50mph.

Im already thinking I need to get that thing taken off.

Rodog800

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 blazer
After installing 1/4" fuel line from Autozone (part # 50057) I did notice a significant reduction in hood flutter, but I am still seeing this effect somewhat at freeway speeds.
I did the same thing, seems different wind conditions effect this issue 6am in the morning on the way to work nothing , 4pm on way home certain areas on my drive it happens.

Rodog800

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 blazer

That video shows the same issue I have .

Area51BS

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
GM fixed my Colorado by injecting expanding foam at rear of hood between skin and bracing. It’s just because of the material thickness. Wife’s Bronco sport does it too

Sponsored

Rodog800

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 blazer
GM fixed my Colorado by injecting expanding foam at rear of hood between skin and bracing. It’s just because of the material thickness. Wife’s Bronco sport does it too
Any fix on the bronco sport?

LowLeadAV

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Niro
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I wonder if it’s possible it’s more pronounced on fx4/skid plates changing the pressure under the hood. Is it all models?

Area51BS

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Any fix on the bronco sport?
Waiting for list to go to dealer with. If no list soon enough I will just take it in. Will do myself if not satisfied. I expect a runaround because this seems to be the new norm with cars.

Rodog800

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 blazer
Last edited: