First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Has anyone read the OP's #2 Post at the beginning of this thread? It seems to me that Ford has a fix for it already in the bag. I don't really understand why all the remanufacturing the hood and reinforcing would be necessary. Am I missing something?
That's for the f150. I have no idea if the maverick hood has a similar design. If it does, that fix would work which would be great.
Sponsored

OP
OP
MavEric

MavEric

First Name
Easy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT, 1950 Willys Truck
So is this just a technical note on how to make the rubber stops deeper to seat the hood better? geez. I will have to take a look at this myself now :)
Yes it is, I will let everyone kow how this "fix" worked out for me.

clippedwings

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Transit Connect
Adding some form of weight to the rear underside might alter the harmonic frequency and tamp down the occillation, but obviously, adjustments would be the first place to go

ccmjr77

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT Hybrid, 22 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I was googling this earlier and it seems that this issue is very common with trucks and cars that have aluminum hoods now. All makes not just Ford. Hopefully there are fixes.

A Dodge that drives Fords

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Taurus Ford Ranger
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I finally got to test drive a Maverick and yes the hood does flutter at 55 and up something I'm thinking we will all have to get used to.

Sponsored

pxpaulx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I was googling this earlier and it seems that this issue is very common with trucks and cars that have aluminum hoods now. All makes not just Ford. Hopefully there are fixes.
Not surprising.

I'm also guessing that having a lighter paint color makes this significantly more obvious than with something dark.

I adjusted the 2 stops under the hood yesterday - I thought making them longer would address the issue (They are like a large rubber screw that goes in/out). I was totally wrong - stopped and went the other way with the stops (made them shorter), and that seems to have somewhat made this issue better, though I'm still seeing it at this point.

Akuma72387

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have put a few hundred highway miles on mine and haven't noticed any shakes, shutters or the like. My truck rides smooth and everything is tight. I have the area 51 paint so it's not really bright or dark kinda in the middle. I read someone was complaining about tires "screaming" on highway. Mine came from the Factor on the Faulken A/T and I didn't notice that either... maybe different tires?? My only 2 complaints are the radio screen could be higher up the angle makes it harder to see when I'm using back up camera and the seat (I don't have the electric adjustment) haven't found a "perfect" setting cause I'm 6ft 1 and the best setting is moving my seat up vertically but I makes my head to close to the ceiling. I'm sure I'll find more after I hit 1000 miles but haven't yet. I am happy with my XLT FX4

projectvortex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
Undecided
Around-town driving for a day. Mileage isn't great in these situations. I've had it for two weeks now. By the end of the week, I'm up to 24-25 MPG after doing plenty of freeway driving. I do have pangs of regret about not going with the hybrid. Fill-up at week was $70 for premium (I'll be doing a rotation of one Premium, three Regular Unleaded) at 16 gallons.
Apologies if someone asked already but why premium for the 1 out of 4 fill ups?

MAVRICK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Any
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I did not notice it at first but after reading an owners' review, I did identify a noticeable shake in my Maverick's hood at freeway speeds. I saw that this was a reported problem on other Ford trucks (mainly F250) when I looked deeper into it with some people reporting no hood shake at all. Has anyone else who drives a Maverick regularly experienced this as well?
I wonder if aftermarket "hood struts" would help ...
Ford Maverick TSB & FIX: Hood Flutter Shake at Highway Speeds 1635378920960
Ford Maverick TSB & FIX: Hood Flutter Shake at Highway Speeds 1635378920960

clavicus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sponsored

Lucius

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Lucius
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Africa Twin Adventure Sports
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Apologies if someone asked already but why premium for the 1 out of 4 fill ups?
Just something my girlfriend passed along to me. Most of my driving is on the highway, so regular unleaded there. My gut feeling is that the truck responds better to premium around town with quick accelerations, but I don't have any science behind me to support my gut.

projectvortex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
Undecided
Just something my girlfriend passed along to me. Most of my driving is on the highway, so regular unleaded there. My gut feeling is that the truck responds better to premium around town with quick accelerations, but I don't have any science behind me to support my gut.
Just wondering. I know before GDI engines became the norm it would be best to use top tier fuels with more detergent in them and, possibly, premium has even more. This would bathe the valves in detergent to help keep them clean. With GDI I guess it really isn’t as important now since the valves no longer get hit directly with fuel to keep them clean (or cleaner). Maybe I’m all wrong. I still use top tier fuels but not sure it even makes any difference anymore.

Mav

First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Maverick
I adjusted my hood over the weekend. If the stops aren’t at least putting a little bit of pressure on the hood, the hood is going to shake. When they are properly adjusted you should see where the adjusters are making contact with the underside of the hood. Nothing crazy.​

OP
OP
MavEric

MavEric

First Name
Easy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OP
OP
MavEric

MavEric

First Name
Easy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes it is, I will let everyone kow how this "fix" worked out for me.
After installing 1/4" fuel line from Autozone (part # 50057) I did notice a significant reduction in hood flutter, but I am still seeing this effect somewhat at freeway speeds.
Sponsored