First Name
Tyreese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-15 Eagle
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Looks like those use existing holes that are in the Bronco Sport. It's possible that the Maverick may not have any existing holes in the needed locations.

I did note in the Sandy Munro video that the Maverick hood does not have a secondary latch. That could be an issue if the gas struts were overpowered for the weight of the hood.

jwiedle24

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat w/Luxury Pkg
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
OP
OP
Wrench77

Wrench77

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac ATS, Ford Maverick pre ordered
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
How often do you plan on popping the hood?
I’m a mechanic on heavy equipment and gotten it drilled into my head early in my career to check oil regularly. So every fill up I usually check my fluids. Old habits die hard I guess.

OP
OP
Wrench77

Wrench77

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Looks like those use existing holes that are in the Bronco Sport. It's possible that the Maverick may not have any existing holes in the needed locations.

I did note in the Sandy Munro video that the Maverick hood does not have a secondary latch. That could be an issue if the gas struts were overpowered for the weight of the hood.
I was thinking that as well but the Bronco Sport has the same setup with no secondary latch. So I don’t know if once you pull the release lever for the second time if the hood will pop up on its own.

Sponsored

SpacemanSpiff

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tyreese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-15 Eagle
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I was thinking that as well but the Bronco Sport has the same setup with no secondary latch. So I don’t know if once you pull the release lever for the second time if the hood will pop up on its own.
It probably won't, usually the gas struts have a break over point before they will lift, but still something to consider, just to be safe.

Maverick-xv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Expedition XLT

I think it is like Escape or BMW M series (if you care) - it takes two pulls on hood release lever to release first and then second latch. So no more frantic searching for the second latch handle under the hood to open the hood. That is the convenience!

Amakrida

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think it is like Escape or BMW M series (if you care) - it takes two pulls on hood release lever to release first and then second latch. So no more frantic searching for the second latch handle under the hood to open the hood. That is the convenience!
Sounds like one more thing to break. We're secondary latches that big of an issue?

Bbot

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape SEL
A word of caution about the Maverick and Bronco Sport hoods . I recently was at a Ford Dealership and a Bronco Sport was in the repair area, I inquired as It was New still with the sticker on window. The response was the salesperson opened the hood for a customer to see then left it open, a gust of wind came up and blew the hood back damaging it and it had to be replaced. So if you open your hood remember it is lite in weight and it should be closed after you have completed your fluid checks or this remote possibility of a wind gust could ruin your day.

Maverick-xv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Expedition XLT
Sounds like one more thing to break. We're secondary latches that big of an issue?
The secondary latch is not an issue when you know where it is for specific car. two pulls is not complicated, on BMW M2 you even need to pull two times to open driver door and two times start/atop button to stop engine and then turn off ignition, lol.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Wrench77

Wrench77

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
A word of caution about the Maverick and Bronco Sport hoods . I recently was at a Ford Dealership and a Bronco Sport was in the repair area, I inquired as It was New still with the sticker on window. The response was the salesperson opened the hood for a customer to see then left it open, a gust of wind came up and blew the hood back damaging it and it had to be replaced. So if you open your hood remember it is lite in weight and it should be closed after you have completed your fluid checks or this remote possibility of a wind gust could ruin your day.
Then the gas struts might be a good thing it will limit the travel because it’s fixed unlike the hood prop rod that can slip out. A $90 investment sounds a lot cheaper then a hood replacement. Good to know thank you

kingranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ford.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

mikey44

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT, 2021 Chevrolet Trax
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I hope they do. I put the Red Line struts on my 2020 Escape SEL and they work great. Have used them on other vehicles in the past and they are top-notch items.

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I do miss the old clockspring hood supports. You don't get the unpleasant discovery that the struts have grown weak when it's cold and the hood suddenly tries to concuss you.

pxpaulx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I noticed in the raiti's rides video from the chicago show, he had a very good section looking at the engine - it does look like there are points on either side that could support these.
Sponsored