Sponsored

HONOLULU FORD/LITHIA MOTORS - BUYERS BEWARE!!!

Enchalada

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Compass
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

markups.org
They are listed (once)!
Sponsored

boe757

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150, camry,
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
markups.org
They are listed (once)!
Ok so just an update. So I decided to be a nice guy and give the dealership a chance. Called and left a message for the general sales manager to call me back on Tuesday and tried the general Manager yesterday. Mind you I did say I have a few questions about my Maverick order that's otw (did it so they could either decide not to call back or put their plan of action together), so I'm sure that's why it's cricket season. Last night sent a complaint to BBB, which already replied that the complaint has been forwarded to the dealer. Will be calling Ford to file a complaint shortly once I put all my notes together. Have a wonderful weekend everyone
too nice, Attorney General consumer complaints, these dealers thought they were untouchable also

I posted a couple different videos in General in the past month, slightly different take on the issue, I believe it's going to filter through the automotive dealerships. Money is the issue It's difficult for dealers to watch $5 - 10 thousand dollars drive off the lot. Will change back to MSRP somewhere in the future

Enchalada

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Compass
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

For the love of money is the root of all of evil..

Reactions: HTX

HalfFast

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Two questions in a situation like this. I am not a lawyer, nor do I want to hire one to buy a Maverick.

Does the concept of duress come into play here?

After custom ordering a truck that has a VIN assigned to your name and driver's license, getting a copy of a signed DORA with a price listed, possibly placing a deposit and waiting for months to get a new vehicle only to be threatened to not be sold the vehicle unless you agree to an ADM or other non negotiable dealer profit add on.

Could you take delivery then claim duress? Fight about it after you have possession?

Second, can you put as much on a credit card as the dealer will allow, then take delivery. Then call credit card company and cancel the transaction due to fraud?

Again, not a lawyer, not suggesting these practi es in any way shape or form, just hypothetical thought exercises.

Enchalada

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Compass
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Two questions in a situation like this. I am not a lawyer, nor do I want to hire one to buy a Maverick.

After custom ordering a truck that has a VIN assigned to your name and driver's license, getting a copy of a signed DORA with a price listed, possibly placing a deposit and waiting for months to get a new vehicle only to be threatened to not be sold the vehicle unless you agree to an ADM or other non negotiable dealer profit add on.

Could you take delivery then claim duress? Fight about it after you have possession?

Second, can you put as much on a credit card as the dealer will allow, then take delivery. Then call credit card company and cancel the transaction due to fraud?

Again, not a lawyer, not suggesting these practi es in any way shape or form, just hypothetical thought exercises.
Have you been watching SUITs on TV? Lol.
I would think it does but not sure in reality if it holds a case.

Last edited:

Sponsored

James D

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volkswagon
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The price you signed for is on a Ford document, not the dealer's. The truck this ordered was specifically for you, not the dealer's inventory. Your signature and DL was required for your build to be entered into Ford's ordering program, not the dealer's DL.

Take a look at your order, it's titled "Order Summary" at the top with a "ship to" address of your dealer. The way I see it, this is a contract only between you and Ford. The price is how much Ford agreed to build it for you. The dealer is listed as a 3rd party shipping destination once built.

If the order was for dealer stock, they could mark the truck up as much as they want. Since this is your order, IMO the dealer has no authority to mark up the price, including dealer add-ons you did not sign for on your original order.

To anyone getting jacked on the price, added unwanted dealer add-ons, or tired of getting passed in line by people who ordered the same build after you, load up this email with complaints:

CEO Jim Farley email: [email protected]

Everyone who already paid more than the price on your Order Summary (including forced unwanted dealer add-ons) should demand that Farley issue you a refund. A good leader would honor the price his company agreed to build it for.

OP
OP

jrhawaii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
The price you signed for is on a Ford document, not the dealer's. The truck this ordered was specifically for you, not the dealer's inventory. Your signature and DL was required for your build to be entered into Ford's ordering program, not the dealer's DL.

Take a look at your order, it's titled "Order Summary" at the top with a "ship to" address of your dealer. The way I see it, this is a contract only between you and Ford. The price is how much Ford agreed to build it for you. The dealer is listed as a 3rd party shipping destination once built.

If the order was for dealer stock, they could mark the truck up as much as they want. Since this is your order, IMO the dealer has no authority to mark up the price, including dealer add-ons you did not sign for on your original order.

To anyone getting jacked on the price, added unwanted dealer add-ons, or tired of getting passed in line by people who ordered the same build after you, load up this email with complaints:

Everyone who already paid more than the price on your Order Summary (including forced unwanted dealer add-ons) should demand that Farley issue you a refund. A good leader would honor the price his company agreed to build it for.
So true and thanks for the email Addy I will make good use of it

James D

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volkswagon
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So true and thanks for the email Addy I will make good use of it
Yes Farley needs to know what Ford is doing is not OK! There are also a lot of June - Aug orders that are not scheduled but people who ordered late 2021 with the same builds are already driving their Mavs. This make no sense and is just plain wrong. He is the CEO so he can tell his employees to do whatever it takes to make you happy. So tell him to put your truck on next week's schedule. If you took delivery of your Mav and paid a dollar more in ADM or Add-ons than you signed for on you order, tell him to mail you a refund check immediately.

Mymaverick2021

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steveo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ok so just an update. So I decided to be a nice guy and give the dealership a chance. Called and left a message for the general sales manager to call me back on Tuesday and tried the general Manager yesterday. Mind you I did say I have a few questions about my Maverick order that's otw (did it so they could either decide not to call back or put their plan of action together), so I'm sure that's why it's cricket season. Last night sent a complaint to BBB, which already replied that the complaint has been forwarded to the dealer. Will be calling Ford to file a complaint shortly once I put all my notes together. Have a wonderful weekend everyone
All of those price increases are covered under Ford's price protection plan and the dealer will get reimbursed from Ford for the difference. All of these issues have been addressed by Tim the fordvideoguy on past YouTube videos So do your homework and be a happy Maverick owner rather than a Digruntled customer

CG - All the way

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram, 2005, 2500 Diesel, 22 Lariat, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have been watching this type of thread numerous times on this forum. Is a DORA signed by only the buyer legal? Who owns the vehicle? Ford only slaps the hands of the sneaky dealership... This horse is dead and beating on it does little to resolve any issue!!

It seems that all agree that an order with final cost out-the-door and signed by both parties is legal. If Ford Motor Company real wants to end the BS that buyers have to go through, why don't they require a copy of said signed agreement at the same time they require Driver's License that matches your signature. They could ensure that the dealer and buyer both sign the legal purchase order. Too simple??????

Sponsored

Abraxis

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Elantra, forester, ranger, crx
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

No and no

Enchalada

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Compass
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Yes Farley needs to know what Ford is doing is not OK! There are also a lot of June - Aug orders that are not scheduled but people who ordered late 2021 with the same builds are already driving their Mavs. This make no sense and is just plain wrong. He is the CEO so he can tell his employees to do whatever it takes to make you happy. So tell him to put your truck on next week's schedule. If you took delivery of your Mav and paid a dollar more in ADM or Add-ons than you signed for on you order, tell him to mail you a refund check immediately.
Has anyone received an email response from Jim Farley?
Sponsored