Sponsored

Hmmm... wait for Maverick or keep driving my 2014 Honda Accord?

JennyJoannSuebeeMcNash

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford F150 XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I know I'm still early in my ordering process (Nov. 5th) but I'm having an internal struggle...go ahead and wait for my Maverick order, or drive my perfectly good (and paid off) 2014 Honda Accord another 75K miles and spend the money I otherwise would have spent on the Maverick getting my house remodeled?

Sigh.
Sponsored

olderbudwiser

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lincoln Corsair, 2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I know I'm still early in my ordering process (Nov. 5th) but I'm having an internal struggle...go ahead and wait for my Maverick order, or drive my perfectly good (and paid off) 2014 Honda Accord another 75K miles and spend the money I otherwise would have spent on the Maverick getting my house remodeled?

Sigh.
This shapes up as which ever one I choose I'll be second guessing myself.

WasChops

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
Banned
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz Ltd + Maverick Lariat Hybr
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Sigh.
Jenny, Jenny ~ a song... that Honda should be sold on a site like TRED, when you get closer to the Maverick delivery... it is ridiculous the price you will get for that car! I sold 2 cars, one in May a 2016 Q5 w 55k miles that I thought would fetch maybe $16k... sold it for $18,800 and then sold a 2016 Mazda CX5 w 78k miles for $17,800 - I originally thought I would get around $10-12k. Be patient and wait on the remodeling if you can and sell that (3-4 weeks) Honda when you KNOW you will get the Maverick delivered.

Last edited:

Platinum2

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Sigh.
House is a better investment, if that matters....

Sponsored

Rob Cactus Gray

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Buy a second house and rent it out. In a few years you can do both

WesM

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Depends... remodeling a house is kind of a pain without a truck!

I would guess you could get around $16k for your accord, that pays of a decent chunk of the Maverick.

StillWaiting

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brandyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Challenger SRT8
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Sigh.
Which one do you want? Which one do you spend more time in? All personal preference as long as you don’t ask the dealer😂😂

Sponsored

Michaelkov

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BMW X1, 2018 Toyota Rav4, 2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Sigh.
No brainer...get the Maverick.

OP
OP
JennyJoannSuebeeMcNash

JennyJoannSuebeeMcNash

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford F150 XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Love the "bad influence" answers. All of what needs to be done to the house is cosmetics. All the hard stuff (mechanics) have been done. Investment-wise, we bought this house while the Florida real estate market was in the proverbial shitter. The house is now worth 3X+ what we paid for it. Even if the real estate market takes a gigantic dump, we're still good and will never be upside down dreading decisions. Location is everything as they say, and homes this close to the beach are hard to find. This is our "keeper" home. Presently with supply costs and issues being what they are, I'm wondering if supplies would be cost prohibitive at this point? Any builders out there who can give me an idea of what you're dealing with in terms of remodels/rebuilds/new builds? I know from my end and the folks I deal with, supplies such as windows and garage doors take months for completion. Any thoughts?