First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach E, F-150 Lariat, Toyota 4 Runner
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I was searching Ford Accessories and came across the part number for the hitch assembly. Just search Ford Accessories. The bonus was, they have a listing for the wiring loom and installation instructions for the wiring of the 4 pin system. Trailer Tow wiring kit. Part # FT1Z15A416A. $125. The instructions are there also. “FOR MAVERICK” Just wanted to pass this along, since there was so much discussion about aftermarket wiring causing issues
Sponsored

OleFordGuy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Lariat, Expedition Limited, 22 Mav Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

ShadowBlack XL440

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Non-Ford, not enought room to list..........
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I was searching Ford Accessories and came across the part number for the hitch assembly. Just search Ford Accessories. The bonus was, they have a listing for the wiring loom and installation instructions for the wiring of the 4 pin system. Trailer Tow wiring kit. Part # FT1Z15A416A. $125. The instructions are there also. “FOR MAVERICK” Just wanted to pass this along, since there was so much discussion about aftermarket wiring causing issues
Good luck with that wiring harness, looks like the Curt would be much easier to install. The Curt is plug and play into the tail light plugs, no splicing, and just a dedicated power wire to run to the battery.

Sponsored

gte105u

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Maverick Lariat, '17 Rogue SL, '14 Altima SV
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yeah, there was an incorrect rumor you can't add a hitch. But there have been videos and posts about doing it for months. I'd do the Curt one myself if needed. Seems easier. I think UHaul is also doing them but if I was going to pay someone I would pay the dealer.

OP
OP
GA Hot Pepper

GA Hot Pepper

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Numerous posts have mentioned, fault codes with aftermarket wiring and will void your warranty. This and the hitch are genuine Ford Parts and can be installed by yourself or the dealer. No warranty issues.

ShadowBlack XL440

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Non-Ford, not enought room to list..........
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Last edited:

Christenhildebrandt

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Christen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Will be interested to hear if Long McArthur and @fordvideoguy will have luck with it. Only downer is fords website makes it seem like it is almost $800 to add later on.

Last edited:

Bry@n

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Maverick XL, F150, Bronco
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

$100 when ordering and it's installed. $500 in parts after the fact and you'll need to install. Not hard but I'd only do it if I already had a truck and need the hitch. I don't think I'd change my order to get sooner and then install after the fact.

Sponsored
OP
OP
GA Hot Pepper

GA Hot Pepper

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
When I posted the thread, I wasn’t thinking of cost. It would be expensive. There was so much talk about wiring issues and fault codes/warranty problems. Just wanted to put the info out there. I’m waiting on a XLT w/Lux (hitch inc)

Tom Cruise

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid XLT 2022
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
$100 when ordering and it's installed. $500 in parts after the fact and you'll need to install. Not hard but I'd only do it if I already had a truck and need the hitch. I don't think I'd change my order to get sooner and then install after the fact.
My 2 cents rant here....I guess its old school thinking but any vehicle with a motor can tow/haul. So a tow hitch and a live wired connector should be mandatory on all vehicles especially if they want to call it a truck...... Anyone attach a ball to the bumper? like we used to do on pickup trucks.

JimKivi

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT 4x4, 2 Silverados, Mazda 3, Zuke
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Instead of the factory tow hitch (deselected to avoid constraint items), on my truck with a full sized spare, I had good luck with the H Freight $29 hitch. Cutting the passenger side into the centermost of the two holes on the right side left me with steel the width of the rear bar, and four 1/2" bolts had me in business. Afterwards, I cut the cover plate to fill the hole on the left of the hitch, and used screws to replace the pop rivets on the bottom which originally held that cover plate.
Ford Maverick Hitch and wiring install from Ford Accessories hitch

JimKivi

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT 4x4, 2 Silverados, Mazda 3, Zuke
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The cover plate is not shown here, but the positioning of the hitch with the simple rectangular cut on the right side allows the hitch to clear the full sized spare.

Ford Maverick Hitch and wiring install from Ford Accessories hitch-bumper
Sponsored