Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Mav XLT, Oxford, 2.0EB, AWD, FX4, Lux, 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Build: '22 Mav XLT, 2.0EB, AWD, FX4, Lux, 4K

Over the last week I have had several incidents where hill desent control has randomly engaged (when disabled at switch) for
no reason - resulting in the transmission and throttle going into a 'limp mode' type state that suddenly slows the car with the
hill desent light being suddenly illuminated on the cluster. The first few times, I thought I maybe enabled the feature by accident
on the center console. It just happened a few minutes ago after a full stop and then light acceleration to about 20 mph. Felt like
I down shifted to low and I had to pull to the curb. I put in park, manually disabled hill desent from the console switch which
extinguished the hill desent cluster light, and drove 5 miles homes without issues.

Anyone seen this scenario? I am 6 months in this truck and love it - but must admit that the past month I have developed a bunch of
squeaks and rattles, decreasing gas mileage, and now this desent issue. The troubling thing about all these problems are that they
happen randomly where the chance of a ford service tech isolating any of them is slim at best.

Any advice at this point is good advice - I will take it.
Sponsored

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Build: '22 Mav XLT, 2.0EB, AWD, FX4, Lux, 4K

Over the last week I have had several incidents where hill desent control has randomly engaged (when disabled at switch) for
no reason - resulting in the transmission and throttle going into a 'limp mode' type state that suddenly slows the car with the
hill desent light being suddenly illuminated on the cluster. The first few times, I thought I maybe enabled the feature by accident
on the center console. It just happened a few minutes ago after a full stop and then light acceleration to about 20 mph. Felt like
I down shifted to low and I had to pull to the curb. I put in park, manually disabled hill desent from the console switch which
extinguished the hill desent cluster light, and drove 5 miles homes without issues.

Anyone seen this scenario? I am 6 months in this truck and love it - but must admit that the past month I have developed a bunch of
squeaks and rattles, decreasing gas mileage, and now this desent issue. The troubling thing about all these problems are that they
happen randomly where the chance of a ford service tech isolating any of them is slim at best.

Any advice at this point is good advice - I will take it.
Several days ago someone posted about the hill decent illuminating. Whether he figured it out or someone posted that when acc had a speed setting set even if it had a hash line through the speed and cruise was not in control of maintaining a speed the down hill assist would flash green. One time I noticed when I was accelerating up a long slight incline and just as I topped the top of the up incline and say I changed from up 3-5° to down slope of 3-5°. I think the radar for a part of a second could not "see" the ground. I do not have any reason to believe I had cruise on or not but I know I was not cruising a se speed.🤷