Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just a note on Maverick’s hill descent:

I Found myself on a compacted but muddy dirt road in northern CO so I put our FX4 Mav into mud/ruts. I ended up turning around as I was just out enjoying a drive & checking out some property I found for sale. Anyway, the off road screen was registering a 15° grade as we were descending a stretch of a very steep and curvy road - sustained for a good 1/4 - 1/2 mile.

The HDC was amazing (this is my first vehicle with such a feature). It kept the truck very controlled and I was able to focus on navigating the hairpin turns and keeping my eye on the drop-off edge of road. Perfectly kept me at my set speeds (I stayed about 5-9mph). It feels and sounds like ABS engaging in snow/ice.
The speed setting and use of the feature is very intuitive and genuinely aided in the driving experience.
Sponsored

Haha48

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Going down hills with hill decent control works well. You speed up by hitting the pedal and brake to slow down. you bssicly just steer its like having a manual transmission

JsnMrd

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The Hybrid has this feature as well correct? I see a green icon of a car on an incline come on. The thing is, it would even come on even on slight ascent or descent. Is that normal?

ShadowChas

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The Hybrid has this feature as well correct? I see a green icon of a car on an incline come on. The thing is, it would even come on even on slight ascent or descent. Is that normal?
Not the same - hill descent control is in FX4 package for the awd version

JsnMrd

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I could have sworn I see the icon come on right under the screen on the XLT left hand side. It was during my Vegas trip coming from LA.

Sponsored

Sliphorn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Regenerative goodness is happening when you see that icon on your hybrid.

Jmav2152

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Mav, 15' KTM 1190 ADV R, 19' Husq TE250i
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I was able to put trail control to use in a BS Badlands this weekend and I'm under the impression it acts the same as our hill descent going down. It does a good job. Only thing to be mindful of is super long descent as it's using brakes it can get a little hot. But I doubt most if any of us will have an issue with it.

JsnMrd

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Regenerative goodness is happening when you see that icon on your hybrid.
Oohh! Didn't think about that! Thanks for the clarification!

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It's MAVERICK Time: Ford's Tiniest Truck Takes On The World's TOUGHEST Towing Test!

IKE Gauntlet with the Ford Maverick Hybrid

FromAway

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat FX4 4K Cactus Grey
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I was able to put trail control to use in a BS Badlands this weekend and I'm under the impression it acts the same as our hill descent going down. It does a good job. Only thing to be mindful of is super long descent as it's using brakes it can get a little hot. But I doubt most if any of us will have an issue with it.
I definitely heard a lot of ABS pump working as I used it today. I wasn't expecting it to be so loud. I was impressed by how well it worked on about a 10 degree average slope with good amount of rocks and little washouts to navigate around. I am hoping that there will be a way to get trail control through FORSCAN eventually. I do a lot of driving on forest roads and trails in my part of Maine. I would use it all the time.
Sponsored