First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick hybrid Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I live in Pensacola, FL. Gas prices are at $4.39 a gallon as of Saturday. I'm sure glad I was able to find a hybrid XL on 27 January, then a hybrid XLT with the lux pkg on 30 March. I traded in the XL for the XLT. I also sold my wife's 2020 Hyundai Santa Fe to Car Gurus, and found a 2022 Ford Escape hybrid that just hit the lot at the beginning of February. And just a few weeks ago, I purchased an Aventon Aventure e-bike which I use mainly to exercise on, plus I can use it to run errands. I purchased a rear rack and trunk bag with pannier sides to put stuff in.

I don't believe gas is going to go down anytime soon.
Sponsored

JennyJoannSuebeeMcNash

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford F150 XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
2.0 ecoboost . getting 23 around town and 31 highway . 2.5 times better than my ( sold ) f150 5.4 10 mpg city and 15 mpg highway . so I am very please with its mpg , performance and utility .
While I would have been better off buying the hybrid since I'm doing a city commute, I think I'll wait until my EcoBoost is paid off first. Seems to be a number of people o this forum having issues with "sleep mode" and whatnot. We all took a chance buying a first year vehicle. Let's see what's coming down the line five years from now.

Nomadikhan

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 Daytona Shelby Z, 07 Yaris, 22 Maverick AWD 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I’m still satisfied greatly with my ecoboost. Everyone’s situation in life is different, thanks to world circumstances and our domestic policies creating a rise in gas cost I have just stopped my once a week eat outs and that covers the extra spent in gas every two weeks. At the end of the day, the restaurant business is not essential and I can always cook more at home with the wife and family. I see it as an unexpected push to a more positive and sustainable life.

Jah.

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jah.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick xlt fx4 , Honda 700 ctx mc
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
While I would have been better off buying the hybrid since I'm doing a city commute, I think I'll wait until my EcoBoost is paid off first. Seems to be a number of people o this forum having issues with "sleep mode" and whatnot. We all took a chance buying a first year vehicle. Let's see what's coming down the line five years from now.
That's why I went with the eco boost because it has been around for a few years and bugs worked out . not as good mpg but hopefully less headaches . better towing than hybrid imo , even without tow package. .

Sponsored

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That's why I went with the eco boost because it has been around for a few years and bugs worked out . not as good mpg but hopefully less headaches . better towing than hybrid imo , even without tow package. .
True...AND... the EcoBoost also has a larger gas tank that some people are overlooking.

JennyJoannSuebeeMcNash

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford F150 XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm very happy with mine. No complaints.

Prostate Heaven

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
I almost crapped my pants after seeing my first $75 fill up (eco-boost).

Doesn't matter what you drive when gas is $4.50 (soon to be $6-$8 or more?) your average person can't afford to go anywhere or spend money on anything except groceries (since those too are almost 25-100% more on almost every category)

Long story short... a hybrid will mitigate the disaster but isn't actually a practical solution to the struggles we will face ahead if we don't right this ship.

Bob The Builder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Butch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Cherokee ** 2023 Mav FX/4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I’m still satisfied greatly with my ecoboost. Everyone’s situation in life is different, thanks to world circumstances and our domestic policies creating a rise in gas cost I have just stopped my once a week eat outs and that covers the extra spent in gas every two weeks. At the end of the day, the restaurant business is not essential and I can always cook more at home with the wife and family. I see it as an unexpected push to a more positive and sustainable life.
....and that friends is the opening shots in the next recession. Small things ended due to being considered non essential. I grows and expands from there. We also ended our once a week Chinese buffet and it only costs $12.95 for each of us which is reasonable enough given today's prices for everything but it is just the beginning.

It will be curious to see how the coming recession will effect vehicle prices, waiting times and the like. I'm willing to bet big changes are coming and dealers are going to find markups tougher and tougher to sell. Just my $.02.

I am also curious to see how much fuel prices will rise before the bubble bursts on that too. Everything has a limit. When futures investors get the jitters things can move downward in a big hurry. One thing for sure, we shall see.

Sponsored

SLINGSHOT

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 RAV4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Keeps the meth users with the crappy, barely running junk, off the road. If the choice is meth or gas, they always choose happy.

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Same boat - We needed AWD and to at the least be able to tow 2800 legally. EV hummer only $112k -)

Hoagus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘02 Ranger, ‘22 Mav XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
With how many people are still eating out at relatively expensive restaurants on weekday nights, as well as how many vehicles I see still accelerating quickly and speeding, fuel prices aren’t high enough to deter the way people in my area live (it seems).
Recent reports I’ve seen indicate that consumer spending is still strong, despite inflation/gas prices. So is manufacturing.

CoryDallas8123

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A4, Chevy Chevelle SS, 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Recent reports I’ve seen indicate that consumer spending is still strong, despite inflation/gas prices. So is manufacturing.
If you believe WalMart, Target, and Amazon are a good indication of overall consumer spending then people are already and have been pulling back pretty drastically. All reported terrible quarters during last earnings calls.
Sponsored