Sponsored

Hi! Proud new owner of a pair of Mavericks here.

jahl

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
  • Banned
I ordered in sept 2022. I could not decide if I wanted EB or hybrid, so I ordered one of each. Nothing fancy, just XLs with hitches and AW floor mats. The hybrid was delivered 2 weeks ago, and the EB came last week. I picked up some FX4 wheels for the EB. I have been offered 31k for the hybrid, which was 25k even otd, so I think I may do that and just look at it like I got the EB for 19k.

Ford Maverick Hi! Proud new owner of a pair of Mavericks here. unnamed (1)
Sponsored

Automate

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Hybrid, Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Who offered the 31K?

Ford Maverick Maniac

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 XLTs: hybrid alto blue & turbo AWD carb gray.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I also own one of each! My vote is to keep the hybrid too. You will save a lot more in fuel over the years than a short term profit.

But if you decide to sell, why sell to a dealer who won't pay you full value? They will only give you wholesale price. Look up the retail value on NADA website. It is easy to sell on CraigsList or AutoTrader for a little less than Carmax or a dealer will charge.

Here is a video of my 2 Mavericks:

OP
OP

jahl

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
  • Banned
I also own one of each! My vote is to keep the hybrid too. You will save a lot more in fuel over the years than a short term profit.

But if you decide to sell, why sell to a dealer who won't pay you full value? They will only give you wholesale price. Look up the retail value on NADA website. It is easy to sell on CraigsList or AutoTrader for a little less than Carmax or a dealer will charge.
At 10,000 miles per year, with gas at $3.40 per gallon, the hybrid would save less than $2,000 over ten years. $2,000 is less than $6,000.

The dealer offered me $31k. That is right around the most to be expected. Even if more was attainable selling PTP, it would not be an amount worth having to deal with moron buyers.

Sponsored

JimParker256

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Area 51 Hybrid FE, 2014 Impala
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

At 10,000 miles per year, with gas at $3.40 per gallon, the hybrid would save less than $2,000 over ten years. $2,000 is less than $6,000.

The dealer offered me $31k. That is right around the most to be expected. Even if more was attainable selling PTP, it would not be an amount worth having to deal with moron buyers.
And do you truly believe that in 10 years, the price of gasoline will still be $3.40 per gallon? (And don't you California folks WISH that was the price you paid for gas?)

A few weeks with gas at nearly $5 per gallon here in Texas was enough to convince me that the Hybrid was the way to go... Today it's $2.79 and I'm still glad I got the Hybrid.

Although if I needed to tow anything heavier than 2K, or needed AWD, I would get an EB in a heartbeat. Either way, the Maverick is a game changer.

OP
OP

jahl

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
  • Banned
And do you truly believe that in 10 years, the price of gasoline will still be $3.40 per gallon? (And don't you California folks WISH that was the price you paid for gas?)

A few weeks with gas at nearly $5 per gallon here in Texas was enough to convince me that the Hybrid was the way to go... Today it's $2.79 and I'm still glad I got the Hybrid.

Although if I needed to tow anything heavier than 2K, or needed AWD, I would get an EB in a heartbeat. Either way, the Maverick is a game changer.
Average price per gallon in my state over the past 18 years is $2.20, and following the increase pattern over the next 10 years, the average is unlikely to go above 4-4.50.

BUT, even if fuel became $6 per gallon tomorrow, that is still a ten year savings of $3,000, which is less than $6,000 (saved by selling the hybrid).

People really overestimate the savings in fuel costs between the EB and hybrid. Our daily driver is a Chevy Bolt, and after driving that for the past 5 years, the savings between an ICE and a hybrid seem rather quaint. I am not knocking anyone else's choice, I am just saying the EB + $6,000 will be better on the wallet than a hybrid (over at least 15 years).

Twixel Jackson

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I agree with the logic here....grab some free money to offset your cost on the EB.

jwilson

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PENDING MAV XLT/Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ordered in sept 2022. I could not decide if I wanted EB or hybrid, so I ordered one of each. Nothing fancy, just XLs with hitches and AW floor mats. The hybrid was delivered 2 weeks ago, and the EB came last week. I picked up some FX4 wheels for the EB. I have been offered 31k for the hybrid, which was 25k even otd, so I think I may do that and just look at it like I got the EB for 19k.

unnamed (1).jpg
JFC this hurts. Happy for you man, but the fact you ordered these in Sep 2022 and received TWO of them while I (and many others) still sit and wait for Oct & Nov 2021 orders... this is killing me.

OP
OP

jahl

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
JFC this hurts. Happy for you man, but the fact you ordered these in Sep 2022 and received TWO of them while I (and many others) still sit and wait for Oct & Nov 2021 orders... this is killing me.
I hear ya. Best of luck to you, and when it is built feel free to pm me and I can give you rail tracking info.
Sponsored