Sponsored

Hi, New here. Is this a good deal or should I walk?

Oscarcat

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Lariat, Lexus NX 300 Chrysler PT Cruiser 5 spd
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I've been searching hard for another hybrid, and finally found one perfect for me. Everything I want but one thing.... no co-pilot 360 assist. It has a bedliner, lux and tunnel cover with reg 360 not the assist plus. with that being said. they are charging me $2500 over msrp. is it worth it?
Dealers price according to what they perceive as market demand in their area. Here where I live, it is common for 2.0 EB's to be priced $7k and hybrids $10k above sticker. Others have noted the same. When I was shopping [I bought off the lot, not a special order] I used the Ford website and changed the zip code to see inventory in areas I was willing to travel to. Be aware that some vehicles displayed are customer orders that arrived so you must check with the dealer - I used the Internet Department - to determine if it is actually available for purchase. My wife and I travelled 90 miles to purchase my Mav for $1800 over sticker whereas local dealers were selling them for $7k over in Oct 2022. If you try it, be sure to verify an out the door price with all fees and charges in writing before you journey far and wide. After the back and forth over the Internet I called and made an appointment for the purchase. Don't do it a week or even a day out. Plan to get it asap after you talk to a person and get the name of whom you talk with. In December 2016 I flew to Arizona to save $12,000 off msrp on a GMC Canyon. In March 2020 at the start of the pandemic I drove 110 miles to save $27k on a Lexus at the start of the pandemic [it had 1700 miles on it so was certified pre-owned],
Sponsored

Skandren

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT, 2022 F150 XLT Powerboost
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Buy the damn thing you already know you want it.

MavFromTheDead

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

It probably jump on it, the market is crazy for hybrids RN. You can always order one in July exactly how you want, then trade the one you've been driving in on it. The trade value will still be great.

Gschaef

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
ADM is also affected by where you live. Hybrids are almost impossible to find in CA. The normal ADM out here is probably in the $7K - $10K range. One with a $2,500 mark up in the Bay Area would last about five minutes with multiple buyers lining up for it. I paid higher than that last year when one became available because I thought it might take another year or two before I could get one through the normal ordering process. Bird in hand. No regrets.

Mavboy2023

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've been searching hard for another hybrid, and finally found one perfect for me. Everything I want but one thing.... no co-pilot 360 assist. It has a bedliner, lux and tunnel cover with reg 360 not the assist plus. with that being said. they are charging me $2500 over msrp. is it worth it?
I paid $2700 UNDER MSRP for my Lariat hybrid - 2 months ago.

Sponsored

TheSEARCH

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I didn't read the whole thread so if this was answered sorry. Just one question Some dealers like one near me (Basil Niagara Falls NY) are ASKING 7 to 10K above BUT what are they getting? Are people really paying 7 to 10 above.

To the OP. With the price increases coming maybe its okay to pay 2K over. I wouldn't but for you maybe.

Side note: West Herr Ford Hamburg NY offered me a hybrid at sticker that the guy had two ordered coming but only wanted one. I passed as it had to many options plus it was a bad time for me. So they do exist at sticker. BUT I guess not many.

SJack

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XLT - Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Dealers price according to what they perceive as market demand in their area. Here where I live, it is common for 2.0 EB's to be priced $7k and hybrids $10k above sticker. Others have noted the same. When I was shopping [I bought off the lot, not a special order] I used the Ford website and changed the zip code to see inventory in areas I was willing to travel to. Be aware that some vehicles displayed are customer orders that arrived so you must check with the dealer - I used the Internet Department - to determine if it is actually available for purchase. My wife and I travelled 90 miles to purchase my Mav for $1800 over sticker whereas local dealers were selling them for $7k over in Oct 2022. If you try it, be sure to verify an out the door price with all fees and charges in writing before you journey far and wide. After the back and forth over the Internet I called and made an appointment for the purchase. Don't do it a week or even a day out. Plan to get it asap after you talk to a person and get the name of whom you talk with. In December 2016 I flew to Arizona to save $12,000 off msrp on a GMC Canyon. In March 2020 at the start of the pandemic I drove 110 miles to save $27k on a Lexus at the start of the pandemic [it had 1700 miles on it so was certified pre-owned],
several months ago I was faced with the same delima as you. Had ordered a MY 23 Maverick Hybrid and decided rather than wait for a posthumous build date I would look to an outright purchase. Located an XLT Hybrid with Lux package and 360 piglet assist. After some negotiations settled on a price $2500 over sticker and drove home my new Alto Blue Maverick. Regrets, just one and that is that I didn’t do it sooner. Totally and completely satisfied! Would say if you want it - take the deal and enjoy a great ride.
Ford Maverick Hi, New here. Is this a good deal or should I walk? IMG_0029

Bill K

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You guys must be kidding! $2500 over msrp?? Negotiate your best deal on a new one, place your order. And wait.
My Stripped XL 2023 is worth the $19k I paid for it. But no more. Jeez, it’s only a truck.

Bob The Builder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Butch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Cherokee ** 2023 Mav FX/4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
At this point, with my old Danger Ranger now relegated for "Shop Truck" duty and no longer residing in my garage, if something close to my ordered FX/4 popped on the scene I would be very very tempted to jump on that ADM. Something I swore up and down I would never do, but................................my sitrep has changed and not for the good mates.

Sponsored

realshelby

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 GT 500, 1965 Mustang GT,
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Co Pilot 360 Assist. I suspect the reason this Hybrid Lariat is for sale....is that when ordered the Dealer did not add 360 assist. Most assumed it was still in the Lariat Luxury package.
I wanted the rear bumper sensors for backing up. Would have paid the 360 assist package price....just for those. The other safety additions it has are important too.
But if REALLY needing a Maverick I would consider one without it. But would always feel like I settled for less than I wanted.
Which means I ain't payin' over sticker for that.

AutoDrifter

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Leaf s plus maverick sold
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
my hybrid had a check engine light at 20k miles but mine could of been a lemon

Syntax Error

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Hybrid Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Why don't you wait a year and see all the other new compact trucks that will be out from other manufacturers. Then those Ford dealers who have screwing people will be begging you buy. What goes around comes around.
Lol, what evidence do you have that there will be actual competition for the Maverick next year? Don't tell me you're believing the YouTube clickbait on the "Toyota Stout coming in 2024!" crap, are you?
Sponsored