Sponsored

HGR Offroad 1.5” lift kit for hybrid, anyone used it yet?

Woodjoints

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vanagon
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
We finally did a photo shoot with my hybrid and one of our new wheels styles for the Maverick and Bronco Sport.
1.5 HRG front level kit
255/65-17 BFGoodrich Trail T/A
17X8 +30mm offset wheels
Ford AirDesigns flares
AVS window and hood shield
tri-fold bed cover
Waiting on a few other things to show up.

Note that going up to the taller size my mileage did decrease from 42.3 to 39.8 not a huge deal compared to my Bronco Sport that was also lifted and averaged 22.2 mpg.

scheduled to go to Eibach on the 8th for new lowering kit, going to change up the look with more of a rally truck look. Should be a fun transformation.

09F8002C-0694-4792-93B0-52B795222578.jpeg

2F2F8F55-5827-4AFF-977F-1A5F2416C0D9.jpeg
Looks great Treadz.

Couple questions. I did not see those flares on the Ford "build your own" function. Where do you order them?

Also, the lift kit recommends professional installation. How much did that cost? Is it hard to diy? Or I was thinking to ask the Ford dealer if they would do it. DO dealers do mods like that? Do you think you would still need to trim the weld with 245/65r17?

Last edited:

Treadz

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XL AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Looks great Treadz.

Couple questions. I did not see those flares on the Ford "build your own" function. Where do you order them?

Also, the lift kit recommends professional installation. How much did that cost? Is it hard to diy? Or I was thinking to ask the Ford dealer if they would do it. DO dealers do mods like that? Do you think you would still need to trim the weld with 245/65r17?
You can get them through Ford accessories website, easy install if you’ve done any mods before. Lift I had done at ORW in Corona Ca.

Woodjoints

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vanagon
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You can get them through Ford accessories website, easy install if you’ve done any mods before. Lift I had done at ORW in Corona Ca.
If you don't mind, what was the cost to install the lift kit? I noticed HRG has a list of installers. I wonder if any alignment shop could do it, maybe for less than the "authorized" installers.

I've replaced shocks on my present vehicle. It took me a whole weekend and I did not like working under the car (on Harbor Freight jack stands and bottle jacks), using rented spring compressors. :eek: It felt like working with live ammunition. I would rather not do that again just to save a couple hundred bucks...but I would do it again to save a thousand.

mdl20813

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cactus Gray Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

If you don't mind, what was the cost to install the lift kit? I noticed HRG has a list of installers. I wonder if any alignment shop could do it, maybe for less than the "authorized" installers.

I've replaced shocks on my present vehicle. It took me a whole weekend and I did not like working under the car (on Harbor Freight jack stands and bottle jacks), using rented spring compressors. :eek: It felt like working with live ammunition. I would rather not do that again just to save a couple hundred bucks...but I would do it again to save a thousand.
my full 1.5” HRG kit was listed as a 3-4 hour install so it’ll depend on the shop Labor rate. Front only level kit should obviously be quicker than that. Probably $200-$350 depending on their hourly rate. I think I paid about $450 for install but that included 4 wheel alignment

Don’t pay any attention to the “authorized installer” list on the HRG site. The one place they listed in my area had no idea who they were, had hardly ever done any lift kits and wanted like $800🤣. Think the website just auto populates places into that list. You should be able to find plenty of places that have done lots of spacer lifts that’ll give you reasonable quotes. You could also probably DIY pretty easily, I just didn’t have the time.

Sponsored

Woodjoints

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vanagon
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
We finally did a photo shoot with my hybrid and one of our new wheels styles for the Maverick and Bronco Sport.
1.5 HRG front level kit
17X8 +30mm offset wheels
Ford AirDesigns flares
tri-fold bed cover

Note that going up to the taller size my mileage did decrease from 42.3 to 39.8 not a huge deal compared to my Bronco Sport that was also lifted and averaged 22.2 mpg.

scheduled to go to Eibach on the 8th for new lowering kit, going to change up the look with more of a rally truck look. Should be a fun transformation.

Reviewing. That only has the front level kit? Looks good/

mksoucek

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
1.5 HRG front level kit
17X8 +30mm offset wheels
Ford AirDesigns flares
tri-fold bed cover

So, you just did the 1.5" front level kit, correct? Do you notice the front is actually slightly higher now because you did nothing to the rear? Sorry but, it is had to tell in the picture so, I wanted to see if you feel the front is slightly higher?

Riggio00

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Are you able to show me clearly where you trimmed the pinch weld seam?
I just put a 2in lift on my hybrid with 265 70 17s n I’ve never done a pinch weld before or messed with an underskirt so if you Gina a picture or video on how to do it I would greatly appreciate it !!
Sponsored